cure-real
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who was Melchizedek?

Re: Who was Melchizedek?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    verse 28: Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants!
    Yes, and Nebuchadnezzar was a servant of God.

"beautiful mountain" a mountain in S.E. Texas?

IMO I don't believe Mechizedek to be Jesus (Christophany), for the many reasons that have already been posted.

Genesis 18:1 Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre,[a] as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. 2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, 3 and said, “My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant.
    If Jesus = Melchizedek why do you think Abraham didn't recognize him here. Different body perhaps?

KingFisher
    When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin."
    I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven".

Quote Originally Posted by rejoice44 View Post
    Certainly not yet. I mean he did just make an image of himself and decree that everyone should worship it right?

KingFisher

Quote Originally Posted by KingFisher View Post
    Certainly not yet. I mean he did just make an image of himself and decree that everyone should worship it right?

KingFisher
    And his last words were, "Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase." (Daniel 4:37)

And his last words were, "Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase." (Daniel 4:37)
    Yes but not before he exalted himself one more time.

Daniel 4:27 Therefore, O king, let my advice be acceptable to you; break off your sins by being righteous, and your iniquities by showing mercy to the poor. Perhaps there may be a lengthening of your prosperity.”
    Daniel is warning the King to leave his old sinful way of living and follow God in righteousness right?
    How does the King answer this warning?

29 At the end of the twelve months he was walking about the royal palace of Babylon. 30 The king spoke, saying, “Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty?”
    Like I said...he doesn't seem to be there (A servant of God)...yet.

Agree?
    KingFisher

Yes but not before he exalted himself one more time.

Daniel is warning the King to leave his old sinful way of living and follow God in righteousness right?
    How does the King answer this warning?

Like I said...he doesn't seem to be there (A servant of God)...yet.

Agree?
    KingFisher
    No, I don't agree. Nebuchadnezzar did not know God. It was only after God brought him down to eat grass like an ox, as behemoth did, that he saw the light. Very similar to what Job experienced.

No, I don't agree. Nebuchadnezzar did not know God. It was only after God brought him down to eat grass like an ox, as behemoth did, that he saw the light. Very similar to what Job experienced.
    Ok? I'm confused.

I agree with the quoted portion above. I've been saying all along that he was not yet a servant of God at the time of the fiery furnace. I thought you said he was in your post# 61. That is what I quoted you as saying in post#63, right? This is before he made the Daniel 4:37 last words statement...

In the end it really isn't part of the OP's question, so I would be happy to get off this tilt a whirl and get back on stable ground.

KingFisher

Ok? I'm confused.

I agree with the quoted portion above. I've been saying all along that he was not yet a servant of God at the time of the fiery furnace. I thought you said he was in your post# 61. That is what I quoted you as saying in post#63, right? This is before he made the Daniel 4:37 last words statement...

In the end it really isn't part of the OP's question, so I would be happy to get off this tilt a whirl and get back on stable ground.

KingFisher
    God called Nebuchanezzar his servant when God spoke to Jeremiah. And that was the beginning of Nebuchadnezzar's reign. It was around ten years later that Nebuchadnezzar made his confession to God. Daniel 4:35 "And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothingJob said, "Wherefore I abhor myself--.") and he does according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?"

If you try and rationalize Melchizedek not having father nor mother, and neither beginning and end, then you can make the Bible say anything you want.

God called Nebuchanezzar his servant when God spoke to Jeremiah. And that was the beginning of Nebuchadnezzar's reign. It was around ten years later that Nebuchadnezzar made his confession to God. Daniel 4:35 "And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothingJob said, "Wherefore I abhor myself--.") and he does according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?".
    Ok, thanks. It would have helped if you cleared up what seems to be condradicting statements that you made in...

You said:
    I said:
    He wasn't a servant of God...yet. (Should I have added a willing there to clear things up?)

Your statements quoted above seem to contradict, in context with my own. It's ok though...I'm gettin off this ride now.

If you try and rationalize Melchizedek not having father nor mother, and neither beginning and end, then you can make the Bible say anything you want.
    Was this supposed to be addressed to me?

Thanks,
    KingFisher

Was this supposed to be addressed to me?

Thanks,
    KingFisher
    No. I am sorry that it seemed that way. Just thought I redirect the thread to the OP.

Thread Information