cure-real

Thread: What to do

Unhappy What to do

I am new and have been searching the internet for some place that I might be able to get some help and maybe some peace. I am a Christian and have been for some time. I have two grown daughters that were also raised Christian and both have families of their own now. My problem is that it drive me crazy to see what sinful lives they are leading. I am not without sin, and I know that, but I don't know how they can live the lives they are living, they know better, where is the conviction, how can they live in such open sin and be able to live with themselves? My one daughter, who use to want to be a missionary, is now living with a man much younger than herself, has two children, by two different men, is divorced, and doesn't even seem to have any shame or see anything wrong with the life she is leading. They both think nothing of lying. I had a brain aneurysm rupture a little over four years ago which makes me a little over emotional as it damaged that part of my brain, but I just don't know how to deal with this and stress is so bad for my brain which scares me, but how do you deal with something like this and how do they live like this, they both know the way they are living is wrong. Other than my husband I have no one to talk to and I am just looking for some advice, maybe someone who has been here. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Re: What to do

Have you talked to your pastor or anyone at your church about this?

It can be difficult to confront someone. You know the minds of your daughters and know what they're willing to listen to. I find that praying for God to change their heart to glory Him works best. Anytime you pray for something to glorify God you'll usually see an answer. Also pray for the wisdom to handle such a problem.

Praying for you.

Gently share the benefits of the Christian walk with them. I'd personally say something like "I have a love for life and enjoy waking up each day." I'm sure there are many problems they face that could be solved by communion with God.

Find a way to encourage them to pray. The power of prayer helps one to resist the temptation.

13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6:13-17

Hi and welcome to BF, Zip :

As a mother I understand so well how concerned we are for our children, and the hardest thing on earth is to know that those we love are lost. I do feel so much for you.

I want to encourage you to continue praying for your children - never give up. Love them and allow God to use you as His instrument in order to lead them to Him.

Don't give up. It is never too late for anybody to get to know Jesus. Pray for your grandchildren as well, since God will often use children to reach the parents. As a teacher Ive seen this happen.

May God bless you and give you peace and strength.

B.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"for in Him we live and move and have our being."Acts 17:28

1 Cor. 2:10 "but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God." (NIV).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    I am new and have been searching the internet for some place that I might be able to get some help and maybe some peace.
    Welcome to the forums, Zip. I'm sorry that your children are wayward. So many parents face this and are searching for peace also. I cannot imagine what it's like.

The best thing that you could do is to pray for your children. Pray for the strongholds in them to be bound. Pray for God to convict them. Pray for their safety and repentance. Pray every day - every hour if you feel led to. And pray for God to give you peace. God is sovereign and knows things about your daughters that even you don't know. And yet He loves them so very, very much. Sometimes when I pray over things that distress me, I feel like I'm not doing enough, but then I remember all of the prayers in my past that have been answered and what the power of prayer is like.

Are there some Christian families that you know of that are their ages that you could ask to visit them or help your pray for them?

We will be praying here for your daughters and for you.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

Dear Zip, I cannot add much to what has been said, but just wanted to encourage you. You have taught your daughters right from wrong and you've taught them about Jesus, you have sown the seeds. I have no doubt that those seeds will blossom, I have seen it with friends and family. Most of them wandered from the way when they got to their late teens, but most of them also returned(and I still believe the last one will come in due course) I never grew up in a Christian home, but I went to church with a neighbor and her family for a few years between the ages of 7-10. The seed that were sown in me, lay dormant for 20 years, while I lived for the world, in complete rebellion to God. While some might have thought I was headed straight for destruction, the Lord was tending to that seed! He knew one day it would blossom!

Paidforinfull mentioned praying for your grandchildren, please do! When my daughter was three years old, she asked her unsaved dad ""Daddy, if Jesus isn't in your heart, who is?"" My husband said later, that it ate away at him, because he knew the answer and it convicted him! The Lord can use children to say things, that adults wouldn't get away with!

Keep praying for your daughters, thank the Lord that He is tending the seeds you placed in your daughters, and wait for them to blossom.Look through the eyes of faith and see what they will be instead of what they are. Rest in the knowledge that the Lord loves your daughters and died for them, He will continue to draw them to Himself.

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Here's a good series to listen to if they become interested: Spiritual Bootcamp

I think many baby Christians struggle because they're frustrated by not really knowing how to be a Christian.

Jason Gray - Remind Me Who I Am

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    how do you deal with something like this .
    Remember that you are not responsible for their salvation....they are. Pray for them, but don't bear the burden of their sin as if you can save them; that's between them and God.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

I'm not a parent, so i wouldn't know what it means to be in your situation. But one thing i know, is that you are not to blame yourself in anyway. They are adults. If you trained them to the extent that one of them wanted to be a missionary, you raised them well. Delight yourself in the Lord. You can't be responsible for the spiritual lives at this time.

Thread Information