cure-real
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unintentional vs. intentional sin... Num 15

Re: Unintentional vs. intentional sin... Num 15

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    All sin is a sin against God, whether directly or indirectly against another person.
    Defiance is like this. Mom and dad say don't get up from your chair until you finish eating. The child looks them straight in the eye and challenges their authority over them by standing up, as if to say "see, you can't tell me what to do". Or it's as if the child is mad at mom or dad and does it just to make them angry, as if to say, "the heck with you! Now what are you going to do about that!" That's defiance.
    I think defiance may be deeper than that. That could be anger rising in rebellion. Defiance would be doing it BECAUSE they are your parents and you don't want them to be. At least, that is what I am beginning to think it is.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Interesting thought process there. David gives me great hope of the mercy and grace of God. I hope you see I am not "judging him". Rather, I am interested in how the mind of the Lord works.
    Yeah, I understand where you are going with this.

Is it possible that as a king, his "subjects" were "subject" to him? If I kill my cow, I have not sinned against my cow. That cow is mine. But if the Lord told me not to kill that cow, and I did it anyway, then my sin is against the Lord and the Lord only. (I am not saying that men are cows, but you get the point.)
    Again, yeah, I can see this. I've heard it said that he gave Uriah an order to go home to his wife; when Uriah disobeyed he became subject to the death penalty for disobeying the king.

I think legalistically it's complicated.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

I think defiance may be deeper than that. That could be anger rising in rebellion. Defiance would be doing it BECAUSE they are your parents and you don't want them to be. At least, that is what I am beginning to think it is.
    You just may be right, especially since we see a verse in Hebrews on this very same subject.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    You just may be right, especially since we see a verse in Hebrews on this very same subject.
    Yea. I was thinking of that verse earlier... to go on sinning intentionally. It's repetitive. IOW, it's like what kids say "you are not the boss of me". We can sin intentionally because we are tempted, or angry, etc. But to do so because we just flat out don't want God to tell us what to do... woe. That's brazen!

Defiance

1. open or bold resistance to or disregard for authority, opposition, or power
    2. a challenging attitude or behaviour; challenge
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Yea. I was thinking of that verse earlier... to go on sinning intentionally. It's repetitive. IOW, it's like what kids say "you are not the boss of me". We can sin intentionally because we are tempted, or angry, etc. But to do so because we just flat out don't want God to tell us what to do... woe. That's brazen!

Defiance

1. open or bold resistance to or disregard for authority, opposition, or power
    2. a challenging attitude or behaviour; challenge
    Did you see my post number 23 on that verse? Much food for thought in this thread on that verse.
    http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...26#post2795026
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Thread Information