cure-real
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did Christ come as a Messiah to the Jewish People?

Re: Did Christ come as a Messiah to the Jewish People?

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    "Holy Goyim" has a different meaning then Goyim alone does.
    This doesn't even make sense.
    Are you claiming that Goyim never refers to Gentiles?

What about here:

Hos_8:8 Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.
    The word means "nation", plural, "nations". Hosea 8 says "Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the nations" which makes perfect sense.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    This doesn't even make sense.
    The word means "nation", plural, "nations". Hosea 8 says "Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the nations" which makes perfect sense.
    lol, and what verse speaks of gentiles then? What Hebrew word do you think is used to speak of them?

lol, and what verse speaks of gentiles then? What Hebrew word do you think is used to speak of them?
    The word didn't exist in biblical Hebrew.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

The word didn't exist in biblical Hebrew.
    And who is it called the Goyim in the OT? Always Israel?

And who is it called the Goyim in the OT? Always Israel?
    The word simply means "nation", or the plural, "nations". Sometimes, as in Exodus 19, that nation is Israel. Sometimes, as in Hosea 8, it refers to other nations.

Some other occurrences of the word:

Genesis 12:2 God will make Abraham into a Goy Gadol- is that "a great nation" or "A great gentile"?

2 Samuel 7:23 About Israel: Goy Echad - "One/unique nation" or "one/unique gentile"?

Where is that in the bible?
    What does Temple mean but the dwelling place of God. You can call it a tent or a tabernacle, but it is where God told Israel to meet with the Lord. It is found starting in Exodus. God set the location and method for Israel meeting with God. It was first a tent because Israel was traveling to the promised land, and then a permanent structure when they arrived at the promised land.

Where do we really meet God? Isn't it within our hearts? This is why the tabernacle today is made up of the hearts and minds of those that God dwells within.

This is why Jesus said, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." Jonah was raised up on the third day, and was a sign of the Messiah who was to come.

The temple has been in the process of being built one stone at a time for close to two thousand years. When the last stone is in place the door will be shut.

OK, so it isn't in the bible.

'Nuff said.

OK, so it isn't in the bible.

'Nuff said.
    Isaiah 42:19-20 "Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the Lord's servant? Seeing many things, but thou observest not, opening the ears, but he heareth not."

Quote Originally Posted by rejoice44 View Post
    Isaiah 42:19-20
    Oh, of course, anyone who disagrees with you must be blind.

The word simply means "nation", or the plural, "nations". Sometimes, as in Exodus 19, that nation is Israel. Sometimes, as in Hosea 8, it refers to other nations.
    Ok! So when you live in Brooklyn and your son comes home and says the goys are stupid, who is he talking about?

Ok! So when you live in Brooklyn and your son comes home and says the goys are stupid, who is he talking about?
    Do you think this is how Jews see non-Jews?

Do you think this is how Jews see non-Jews?
    I think children, Jews or non-Jews, can be cruel.

I think children, Jews or non-Jews, can be cruel.
    Please don't use examples like the one you did above. Antisemites don't need any more ammo, you know?

Please don't use examples like the one you did above. Antisemites don't need any more ammo, you know?
    The point was that Jews see goyim as Gentiles.

The only reason a Jewish child would call a goy stupid would be because the goy first made fun of the Jewish child because of his difference, which is a natural phenomenon for children and adults.

Maybe I am just out of touch, but I have not seen any antisemitism since I was a child.

Thread Information