cure-real

Thread: Hey, so the world is gonna end right?

Hey, so the world is gonna end right?

Yep, that's what I've heard. Not that I dont agree, I believe that too. What i was wondering is, do you think people will realize it....particularly christian people. What i mean is, like you know how Jesus wasn't exactly (or one could argue even loosely) the messiah/event that people expected...is it possible that everything that Christians are pointing to as signs of the lypse (I say lypse instead of apocalypse, its just faster, although the explanation that I have to give every-time I use it really negates that). Anyway, do you guys consider the possibility that the signs of the apocalypse could be completely different from the general belief, and maybe even that the apocalypse could be something entirely different from what you guys think? If not, why? if so why? I thank you for reading and replying.

Re: Hey, so the world is gonna end right?

Quote Originally Posted by oscarkipling View Post
    Hey, so the world is gonna end right?
    Eventually.

I just don't worry what I can do nothing about.

Blog Entries

Christians believe in God's word as authoritative and final.

Yep, that's what I've heard. Not that I dont agree, I believe that too. What i was wondering is, do you think people will realize it....particularly christian people. What i mean is, like you know how Jesus wasn't exactly (or one could argue even loosely) the messiah/event that people expected...is it possible that everything that Christians are pointing to as signs of the lypse (I say lypse instead of apocalypse, its just faster, although the explanation that I have to give every-time I use it really negates that). Anyway, do you guys consider the possibility that the signs of the apocalypse could be completely different from the general belief, and maybe even that the apocalypse could be something entirely different from what you guys think? If not, why? if so why? I thank you for reading and replying.
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

The Bible gives 150 chapters to the subject of the end of the age and the return of Jesus - that's a lot of info.

The key phrase (not that you asked) is "the end of the age". Biblically, most Christians don't believe in the "end of the world". In Genesis, God made the world and called it good, and in many places in the OT prophets, tells us that the earth will be His resting place to dwell with men - the place where He will set "the soles of His feet" - forever. Ephesians 1:9-10 reveals to us the mystery of God's great plan - not to "end the world" but to unite it with heaven, or renew it and restore it to what it was originally created to be before the fall of man. So - this planet is a place we'll enjoy with God in His glory forever and ever.

The "end of the age" is the time of the Second Coming of Jesus to transition history and take full possession of the nations of the earth. It's quite an intense time, which is why the Bible gives so much information about it.
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Quote Originally Posted by oscarkipling
    Yep, that's what I've heard.
    I've heard that, too. It's what I was raised in.

Now I don't believe in the 'end of the world'.

I believe that the world will be made new. No famine, no plague, no disasters, no hatred, no war, no rape, no greed, no lust, no slavery, no oppression, no deception, no widows, no orphans, no poor, no death. All will be restored, love will abound.

Anyway, do you guys consider the possibility that the signs of the apocalypse could be completely different from the general belief,
    Whose general belief?

For some reason, within America at least, the 'Left Behind' concept (that Jesus will invisibly remove all Christians from the earth, followed by almost a decade of 'antichrist' worshiping idiots in spite of the galaxy-scale miracles being performed right in front of their eyes) has come to be seen by everyone as the standard viewpoint for 'the end of the world'. Even though in scope of the worldwide Christian population it is a minority perspective. And it didn't exist until about 200 years ago or so.

But to answer your question, yes. It could easily be unlike anyone has come to expect. Unlike most Christians (in America at least), I don't believe the Bible says very much regarding the 'second coming' of Jesus. Maybe two or three pages worth of content total. It was anticipated, but not obsessed over. In which case, we're not given much of an impression of what it should look like, let alone enough information to misinterpret.

Blog Entries

I'm with Markedward on this. I don't dwell on these things, although I used to when I was younger. This is the day that the Lord has made, and we can rejoice and be glad in it. Tomorrow is God's domain, and I fully trust Him with it. Will chaos rule the world before the end of this fallen age, maybe, but whatever the case I'm safe in the shadow of the Almighty.

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

The end of our world can be at any minute. I can have a heart attack, get in a car wreck, etc. However, if death has truly been swallowed in victory through Jesus, then we have no fear of what is coming.

We are no longer of this world anyways. And though satan is the god of this world, he is not the god of my world. In the world of worship, there is only room for one Lord, Jesus. We give no place to the devil, fear, and worry about our future.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

he puts an end to the temporary, the very elements that compose this world will be melted away.

The world will end in 5 billion years when the star at the center of our solar system becomes a red giant. We know factually that "Cities" only last up to about 500 years. Even if society collapses, which is probably wont this does not mean the end of the world. But in a note, and to answer your question directly: There is not a person or lost race that knows when.

Every year there is another prediction of the end times, and it has been happening for the past thousand years. So far no one has been right so you might want to keep planning your life accordingly. Even this calendar thing ending that you heard about does not mean God is going to kill all of us and destroy the Earth. if you want to go by the ancient Mayan calendar that ends, you might want to look at the one in my basement it ended last year and its February. Live your life bu Gods word, and forget about when it will end, you wont have to worry about it.

If I get you right you are asking could Christians be wrong about the signs of the end times?
    If that is the question then yes. I am pretty sure every single generation has thought that particular generation would be the last before the coming of the Lord. I've been listening to various preachers throughout the various decades that audio recording lets me and I notice that somewhere it will be said that particular generation is the worst and everything going on points to an imminent coming of the Lord.

When I was first saved I thought all that prophecy stuff was interesting. Still is I guess but there is nothing I can do as an individual to hasten or otherwise change the pace on God's plan. I just try and do my best everyday. By that I mean like making a difference in peoples lives. Being a good testimony (hopefully), sharing my faith, helping others with scripture, etc. If the day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night no one will see it coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmind View Post
    The world will end in 5 billion years when the star at the center of our solar system becomes a red giant. We know factually that "Cities" only last up to about 500 years. Even if society collapses, which is probably wont this does not mean the end of the world. But in a note, and to answer your question directly: There is not a person or lost race that knows when.

Every year there is another prediction of the end times, and it has been happening for the past thousand years. So far no one has been right so you might want to keep planning your life accordingly. Even this calendar thing ending that you heard about does not mean God is going to kill all of us and destroy the Earth. if you want to go by the ancient Mayan calendar that ends, you might want to look at the one in my basement it ended last year and its February. Live your life bu Gods word, and forget about when it will end, you wont have to worry about it.
    Don't forget about the Milky Way and Andromeda are on course to collide in about a billion years. Then theres gamma ray bursts, comets, large meteors/asteroids and . . .excuse me I am going to watch a baseball game with my family.
    "So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Great news!!!!! Found the long form Mayan calendar. The world doesn't end in 2012. Woohoooooo!

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...012/54879760/1

Now we can party like it's 1999!
    "So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Thread Information