I am sure many of you are using a reading plan and have hit the wall today (Leviticus). Genesis was easy and quite exciting and Exodus started off strong and eventually wound down into the long detailed instructions on building the tabernacle.
Yes! We survived this far. Now comes the hard part: Leviticus, Numbers and Dueteronomy. Very few storylines and almost all instructional (and the dreaded geneologies).
if you are like me, you feel a little guilty about skimming or quickly reading thru certain portions.
here are a few things i do to keep me sane while trying to read the Bible in one year:
1. Use a paraphrase version (i like The Message).
2. Don't read in bed, you will not remember what you read, if you even stay awake.
3. Don't make it a religious duty, then it becomes a burden.
4. Pray that the Lord show you at least one thing that you can use in your day.
5. Read in the morning, while your mind is sharp.
6. Lastly, (and my favorite), try to find Jesus in every Book and chapter you read.
I have lists of verses from most OT books where we see a picture of Jesus. I would be glad to share them if you find yourself in a boring chapter/book and would like to see Jesus.