cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great mountain, Holy city and the Man at the gate.

Great mountain, Holy city and the Man at the gate.

Ez 40
    In the visions of God He brought me into the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, and on it to the south there was a structure like a city.
    3 So He brought me there; and behold, there was a man whose appearance was like the appearance of bronze, with a line of flax and a measuring rod in his hand; and he was standing in the gateway.

Ezek 43
    Then he led me to the gate, the gate facing toward the east;
    2 and behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the way of the east. And His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory.
    3 And it was like the appearance of the vision which I saw, like the vision which I saw when He came to destroy the city. And the visions were like the vision which I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell on my face.
    4And the glory of the LORD came into the house by the way of the gatefacing toward the east.
    5 And the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.
    6 Then I heard one speaking to me from the house, while a man was standing beside me.
    7 He said to me, "Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever.

Rev 21
    And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city,Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
    11having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper.
    12 It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.

I propose that Ezekiel and the Apostle John were standing on the same mountain,( in their visions ) seeing the holy city where God would dwell with his redeemed forever.
    The Man at the gate is none other than the Messiah, who causes the Glory to return to the people. The Spirit of God lifts us up to enter the inner court and fills us.

Dan 2
    "Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were crushed all at the same time and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them was found. But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

45 "Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place in the future; so the dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy."

The stone that struck the statue is indeed becoming a great mountain, and Jesus has ascended to prepare the holy city on it ,for our admission.

12 "His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

What do you think?

Re: Great mountain, Holy city and the Man at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Ez 40
    In the visions of God He brought me into the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, and on it to the south there was a structure like a city.
    3 So He brought me there; and behold, there was a man whose appearance was like the appearance of bronze, with a line of flax and a measuring rod in his hand; and he was standing in the gateway.

What do you think?
    The Hebrew word is נְחֹשֶׁת "Nechoshes" which usually means "copper" not "bronze".

Ezekiel talks about four beings in chapter 1, they also are the color of נְחֹשֶׁת "copper" (Or "bronze", whatever). They are angels apparently. Presumably the "man" in 40:3 is also an angel.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    The Hebrew word is נְחֹשֶׁת "Nechoshes" which usually means "copper" not "bronze".

Ezekiel talks about four beings in chapter 1, they also are the color of נְחֹשֶׁת "copper" (Or "bronze", whatever). They are angels apparently. Presumably the "man" in 40:3 is also an angel.
    My hebrew concordance translates the word man as iysh, which means man.
    Rev 1

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands;
    13 and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash.
    14 His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire.
    15 His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and [U]His voice was like the sound of many waters[/U].

Greek is fine brass.

Moses, by direct revelation, was given specific instructions of how to build, and was told to make sure he followed those instructions when the time came to build. Ex 25 :40

Ezekiel had visions of God, and when the captivity was over and it came time to build, they never built it to those specifications..
    So as far as I can tell it was never meant to be built, as it was figurative of something not of this world….that Messiah would build in the Spirit. Heb 8:4-5

John in his visions was taken by the Spirit to see the Holy city …does anyone believe that it will be a literal city made of gold, pearls and all manner of gemstones?....I think not.
    So should we believe that Ezekiels vision is a literal place on this earth where God will dwell forever with his people.?

My hebrew concordance translates the word man as iysh, which means man.
    The bible has numerous occasions where it calls someone an "Ish" = "man" but it's actually an angel.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Ezekiel had visions of God, and when the captivity was over and it came time to build, they never built it to those specifications..
    That's because those specifications are massive, well beyond the engineering capabilities of the time.

It will be built in the messianic era.

That's because those specifications are massive, well beyond the engineering capabilities of the time.

Don't agree. In the second temple the altar was built to Ezekiel's specifications. It should also be noted that there is three distinct references to the sons of Zadok ministering in that temple, and it is a know fact that they ministered in the second temple as referenced by Ezra.

Ezekiel 40:46 And the chamber whose prospect is toward the north is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the altar: these are the sons of Zadok among the sons of Levi, which come near to the LORD to minister to him.

Ezekiel 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister to me, and they shall stand before me to offer to me the fat and the blood, said the Lord GOD:

Ezekiel 48:11 It shall be for the priests that are sanctified of the sons of Zadok; who have kept my charge, who went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Levites went astray.

Where in scripture is there proof that the second temple was not to Ezekiel's specifications?

Quote Originally Posted by rejoice44 View Post
    Don't agree. In the second temple the altar was built to Ezekiel's specifications.
    But the temple itself wasn't.

It should also be noted that there is three distinct references to the sons of Zadok ministering in that temple, and it is a know fact that they ministered in the second temple as referenced by Ezra.
    That's great, apparently they'll minister in the third temple as well.

[QUOTE]
    But the temple itself wasn't.
    Do you have any proof, scriptural or otherwise?

That's great, apparently they'll minister in the third temple as well.
    And where is that recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by rejoice44 View Post
    Do you have any proof, scriptural or otherwise?
    According to what Ezekiel saw, the third temple will be the size of Jerusalem.

How many times are we going to have this discussion?

And where is that recorded?
    Uhh in Ezekiel.

Where?....................

Where?....................
    Jerusalem. Just like the prophet said.

Jerusalem. Just like the prophet said.
    So we have a temple the size of Jerusalem being built in Jerusalem

[QUOTE]
    According to what Ezekiel saw, the third temple will be the size of Jerusalem.
    Would you mind referencing some verses for that?

How many times are we going to have this discussion?
    When back up what you say with clarified scripture. You made the statement, ("That's because those specifications are massive, well beyond the engineering capabilities of the time. It will be built in the messianic era."), and then you never presented any specific scripture or evidence.

Uhh in Ezekiel.
    Where in Ezekiel?

Blog Entries

Do you think that it is still beyond what we can build today?

While on one hand I can agree with you, on the other hand I wonder if that is so: if only because of the account of the Tower of Babel.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Thread Information