cure-real
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great mountain, Holy city and the Man at the gate.

Re: Great mountain, Holy city and the Man at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    Do you think that it is still beyond what we can build today?

While on one hand I can agree with you, on the other hand I wonder if that is so: if only because of the account of the Tower of Babel.
    Good point.......

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    So we have a temple the size of Jerusalem being built in Jerusalem
    Yeah, it's very mysterious I know.

It will be glorious when built.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Quote Originally Posted by rejoice44 View Post
    Would you mind referencing some verses for that?
    In Ezekiel 40 we encounter a "man", and in the man's hand a measuring reed of six cubits long. Six cubits would be between 9 and 12 feet.

I now call your attention to the last portion of Ezekiel 42. 16 He measured the east side with the measuring reed, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed round about. 17 He measured the north side, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed round about. 18 He measured the south side, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed. 19 He turned about to the west side, and measured five hundred reeds with the measuring reed. 20 He measured it by the four sides; it had a wall round about, the length five hundred, and the breadth five hundred, to make a separation between that which was holy and that which was common.

Ok, so we have the dimensions: 500 "reeds", or between 4500 and 6000 feet square. That's larger than the entire city during the biblical era.

Where in Ezekiel?
    It would be the verse you referenced, of course.

There are plenty of verses that specify that Aaron, or Phinchas will have the priesthood forever. Exodus 29:9 grants it to Aaron's descendants. Numbers 25:13 gives it to Pinchas forever. See also Jeremiah 33, verses 17 to 22.

I suppose God might have been lying though.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I suppose God might have been lying though.

Oh no, you just didn't spiritualize it away that's all......

Yeah, it's very mysterious I know.

It will be glorious when built.
    It would be more glorious if i could dwell with him forever in a place like Eden...walking with him in the cool of the day rather than standing in the outer court

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Oh no, you just didn't spiritualize it away that's all......
    Yeah I know. I take God at His word which causes no end of trouble...

It would be more glorious if i could dwell with him forever in a place like Eden...
    Who's to say that Eden won't be here? Isn't that our mission, to make the earth a place where God can dwell?

Blog Entries

Yeah I know. I take God at His word which causes no end of trouble...
    "In the beginning God made man in His own image, and since the fall, man has been seeking to return the compliment."

- Alistair Begg

Who's to say that Eden won't be here? Isn't that our mission, to make the earth a place where God can dwell?
    Isnt it Gods mission to restore the Human race to its glorious beginings and do away with need of a temple?

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    "In the beginning God made man in His own image, and since the fall, man has been seeking to return the compliment."

- Alistair Begg
    Hahahaha funny and sad both.

Isnt it Gods mission to restore the Human race to its glorious beginings and do away with need of a temple?
    I won't hazard a guess as to God's motives.

What's important is man's mission.

In Ezekiel 40 we encounter a "man", and in the man's hand a measuring reed of six cubits long. Six cubits would be between 9 and 12 feet.

I now call your attention to the last portion of Ezekiel 42. 16 He measured the east side with the measuring reed, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed round about. 17 He measured the north side, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed round about. 18 He measured the south side, five hundred reeds, with the measuring reed. 19 He turned about to the west side, and measured five hundred reeds with the measuring reed. 20 He measured it by the four sides; it had a wall round about, the length five hundred, and the breadth five hundred, to make a separation between that which was holy and that which was common.

Ok, so we have the dimensions: 500 "reeds", or between 4500 and 6000 feet square. That's larger than the entire city during the biblical era.
    So that works out to roughly seven hundred acres, but what in those dimensions indicate that it is the temple itself? It starts out by referencing a gate. It also indicates that the wall is the exact same dimensions.

I don't understand what in this scripture is stating that the dimension of five hundred reeds is the temple itself.

When you look at the dimensions stated in the Talmud for the second temple there is a definite indication that the altar was enlarged from the first temple dimensions to meet the dimension of Ezekiel. You also find the porch enlarged to meet the dimensions in Ezekiel of 11 by 20.

There are plenty of verses that specify that Aaron, or Phinchas will have the priesthood forever. Exodus 29:9 grants it to Aaron's descendants. Numbers 25:13 gives it to Pinchas forever. See also Jeremiah 33, verses 17 to 22.
    But that isn't what it says. It says they will minister in that temple, and they did, and then they were replaced.

So that works out to roughly seven hundred acres, but what in those dimensions indicate that it is the temple itself? It starts out by referencing a gate. It also indicates that the wall is the exact same dimensions.

I don't understand what in this scripture is stating that the dimension of five hundred reeds is the temple itself.
    From the quoted text: to make a separation between that which was holy and that which was common.

I.e. between the temple and everyplace else.

When you look at the dimensions stated in the Talmud for the second temple there is a definite indication that the altar was enlarged from the first temple dimensions to meet the dimension of Ezekiel. You also find the porch enlarged to meet the dimensions in Ezekiel of 11 by 20.
    But the temple itself was not.

But that isn't what it says. It says they will minister in that temple, and they did, and then they were replaced.
    Ah. Obviously when God says "forever", it doesn't mean "forever", then.

What implications does that have for your theology?

It would be more glorious if i could dwell with him forever in a place like Eden...walking with him in the cool of the day rather than standing in the outer court
    What Fenris doesn't realize is that God has been in the process of building that temple for almost two thousand years. One stone at a time. Jesus said destroy this temple and I will resurrect it in three days. On the third day the body of Christ was resurrected. And what does scripture say? Ephesians 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body to the edifying of itself in love. The disciples were the foundations stones, Jesus Christ being the chief corner stone.

What Fenris doesn't realize is that God has been in the process of building that temple for almost two thousand years.
    Yeah, he's spiritually blind blah blah blah

Thread Information