cure-real

Thread: My first sermon

My first sermon

This is my very first sermon so if what Iím saying well writing is not as good as your preacher than Iím sorry lol but enjoy. I decided to write this sermon because this is something that Iím currently battling with and something that I believe a lot of believers are battling with. I pray that as you read these words you will receive God goodness. So enjoy.
    Love and Faith
    God defines love as: ďLove is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveresĒ (1Corinthians 13:4-7).
    God defines faith as: Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
    I believe that love and faith is the foundation of a strong relationship with God. Weíve all learned about faith Iím sure, we all know that trials and tribulations built faith, but love. There are 4 types of love
    Eros: Greek word for sensual love
    Storge: Refers to the kind of love that occurs naturally between family members, which is a good gift from God.
    Phileo - Love is a love of the affections. (God never commands phileo since this type of love is based on the feelings.)
    Agape: This is God's kind of love. It is seeking the welfare and betterment of another regardless of how we feel.
    The love we want is Agape.
    Itís hard for a lot of people to love because Iím sure that when we loved or been patient with someone, kind to someone, forgave someone and did for other it resulted in us getting hurt. Just take a minute and ask yourself, ďWas I loving with faith or feelingsĒ? Was it Phileo Love or Agape Love? When we love with faith our attitude should be; no matter what the outcome is going to be Iím going to be kind to this person, patient, Iím not going to be envy, boast or be self-seeking, Iím going to give my all because I know that God is right beside me and he sees me being an image of his dear son Jesus. When we love like that, weíre not afraid of hurt, we donít let the negative outcomes of love affect us because we know that we are doing Godís work, we know that God will repay us, we know that God has our back. God is our father so just like any father, he doesnít like when anyone hurts his children, he wants to go and may sure they pay for it and he will (not in the way we wants him to lol). Just remember the wicked will NEVER and I mean NEVER outdo Godís children. I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing. (Psalms 37: 25-26). In order to have an attitude like that we need faith. So you see faith and love go hand in hand. Faith and love is the foundation for a wonderful relationship with Christ. When we have faith, we have strength because when trouble comes we can fight it off because we know that God is in control and so when we know that we can be kind, patient, and not self-seeking. Sounds simple right? Well the part that I find the hardest is the love part. Letís break love down
    LOVE IS:
    Patient: Calm self-restraint from punishing others either physically or emotionally for a wrong suffered or for mistakes made. Always forgiving
    Kind: Goodness of heart expressed in actions for anotherís benefit.
    Never Jealous or Envious: Not being resentfully desirous of anotherís advantages, possessions or gifts. Not desirous of anotherís good that it cannot have.
    Never Boastful or Arrogant: Never seeks to exalt self or is puffed up with pride and self-importance.
    Never Acts Unbecomingly: Never acts contrary to behavior appropriate to a Christianís position as a child of God, For example, always acts with modesty, grace, humility and patience.
    Seeks Not Its Own: Does not insist on having its own way or rights. Looks out for the interest of others.
    Never Takes Into Account a Wrong Suffered: Bears a wrong without holding it against the one who has committed it. Never holds grudges; maintains a forgiving spirit; keeps no records of wrongs.
    Never Rejoices in Unrighteousness: Views sin as God does. Is never glad over someone elseís mistakes or sins.
    Rejoices With The Truth: Rejoices in all that is found in Christ and His word and in others becoming Christ-like and being used of God.
    Bears All Things: Endures any hardship for anotherís good. Carries anotherís burdens.
    Believes All Things: Thinks the best of other people for Christís sake. Gives others the benefit of the doubt.
    Hopes All Things: Holds fast to Godís promises. Hopes the best for others.
    Endures All Things: Will last courageously through any trial for any span of time with patience and a thankful spirit for the sake of Christ and others.
    Wow the love like God is hard huh? Your probably thinking what I am; How the heck am I going to be do all of this, be kind to the people I canít stand and do it from my heart without regretting it. No worry God know that we are made up of flesh, he knows that at times our flesh pauses us (not stop) from doing what we should; he knows that at times our feeling start to kick in. He knows this because Jesus was once a man just like us. God understands but as long as you pray with faith and no doubt doing these things will become easier. God is love. As Godís children our goal is to represent him, so we should be love. God is love and his children are love. Faith & Love, Faith activates Love, Love activates Faith. Faith and Love are the foundation of a believer; itís what builds a believer up. Itís what makes a believer a strong, powerful, faithful, and loving person. This is what makes our father in heaven smile
    Sorry if this sermon wasnít put together the correct way, again it was my first sermon , I got some of the information from other sources but I hope you enjoyed.

Re: My first sermon

That was great. Thank you. It's funny that you mention this because this past Sunday, our pastor was stuck on these verses in 1 Cor 13. He said to us "what if we truly lived these verses out?... What would happen". And last night, I was writing in my journal about 1 Cor 13, and I wrote everything opposite than what this world tells me. Rather than hurrying, rather than rushing, rather than allow my temper to arise... choose patience. and so on. I think God is telling me something through these verses.... and I am thankful that He lead me hear to your post!
    Why are you searching for love? Why are you still looking as if I'm not enough?

You did a great job. Thank you.

Blog Entries

It was a really good sermon! Maybe a little hard to live, but true. I hope you are still preaching.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Thread Information