cure-real

Thread: Tears Out of Nowhere

Tears Out of Nowhere

I was driving home after dropping off a friend, and a song came on the radio about the lord, said something that really hit me hard, and I started having tears roll down my face... what's the meaning to that?

the verse off the song reminded me of how I use to be into drugs and gangs, but I've changed because of him...

Re: Tears Out of Nowhere

Seems you felt blessed deep in your soul in the things that God has done for you.

Tears Out Of Joy!
    Jesus Christ....who do you say He is?

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Blog Entries

I have this issue as well: it is distracting trying to drive down the road and not openly weep when listening to something God is using to touch your heart. And I can always count on at least 1 such song every morning on my drive to work, and 1 on the way home. If I listed them, it would take up the entire server. I am very blessed that my local Christian radio stations play such God inspired music: it is so much better then what I used to listen to.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums MercyMe!

What a lovely first post! It sure sounds like the Lord is touching you through that song! It's is a blessing when we hear songs that remind us of what God saved us from. I have many songs like that, Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace causes me to cry and rejoice all at the same time! His glorious grace saved me, and my chains are now gone!!

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Quote Originally Posted by MercyMe View Post
    I was driving home after dropping off a friend, and a song came on the radio about the lord, said something that really hit me hard, and I started having tears roll down my face... what's the meaning to that?

the verse off the song reminded me of how I use to be into drugs and gangs, but I've changed because of him...
    Maybe God was moving you to have compassion on those who are currently under the same influences you where freed from?

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Blog Entries

I had the same experiences before. It does not really matter what is actually happening at the moment, it just feels great. It is a moment of thankfulness, a moment of knowing just how much God had done for you, a moment of joy and happiness. It is a moment of mixed emotions. Kind of weird, but a moment that the Spirit is talking to you deep down. This is one awesome experience!
    Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
    Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
    http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

Blog Entries

This morning my alarm went off to wake me up for work. Leeland and "Tears of the Saints" was playing. What an uplifting way to begin my day.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MercyMe View Post

I just had one of those "moments" with a video.

This video:

It made me think of my past, and who I was before God intervened and did for me what I could not do for myself. Tears of gratitude, and just being in awe of the One Who Gave It All....
    Last night, I dreamt that three bald ducks came into my room and started pecking at my pillows because they wanted their feathers back.

You are all worthless and weak, now drop and give me 20 Our Fathers.

When a bit of heaven makes it into this wicked world it makes us all go wow.
    Their is a difference between JOY and HAPPINESS.
    Going 40 years and finally feeling a bit of JOY, it comes from the holy spirit only. Just thank and praise God and remember and share and now you know why you want others to come to Jesus Christ.

Same thing happens here ive only been a Christian for less then 6 months and ive spent alot of that time crying my eyes out. When you get reminded of just how far you came thanks to the grace of god you have no choice but to cry. Its a beautiful thing.

11. Re: Tears Out of Nowhere

I believe that God can use anything or anyone to relay His message to us.
    It can be through a Bible Reading, a prayer, a dream, a simple verse written in your own notes...
    As a worship leader, I thank God that every time I'm listening to gospel songs whether new songs or
    old songs... He always touches my heart... I believe God created MUSIC!

Oakville church

You have been hit by the song directly to your heart, reason why you shed tears is that your reminiscing same situation that the lyrics of the song is sing. Been through this situation also not just once.

I have recently reconnected with Him, and I have cried more than I've cried in the past 10 years. Sometimes I just well up, sometimes it's a quiet cry, sometimes it's a deep sobbing that goes on for an hour. I find that it comes when I'm most in need of Him, when I'm giving my all to Him, and when I feel Him healing me. It feels like all my old sins and the gunk in my heart are slowly washing away every time I cry. It's all leaving me and cleansing me to open up room for Him.

Thread Information