cure-real

View Poll Results: From the Bible, I find it hard to believe in (choose all that apply)...

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing in the Bible is hard to believe in. I believe it all!

40 72.73%
  • 6 day creation....

10 18.18%
  • The Earth is less than 10,000 years old...

10 18.18%
  • Noah was 950 years old when he died...

5 9.09%
  • Sara had Isaac at the age of 90...

3 5.45%
  • Balaam's donkey spoke to him...

7 12.73%
  • Moses parted the Red Sea and walked across it with the Jews...

5 9.09%
  • The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah... Pillar of Salt

4 7.27%
  • That King David was a real person and his adventures were real...

3 5.45%
  • The prophets of the Old Testaments recieved genuine divine visions...

3 5.45%
  • Jonah was really in the belly of the whale for 3 days

6 10.91%
  • The Virgin Birth... Mary was really a virgin....

5 9.09%
  • The miracles performed by Jesus...

4 7.27%
  • Jesus was raised from the dead...

5 9.09%
  • Paul's letters were inspired by the Holy Spirit...

2 3.64%
  • The visions of Revelations will take place in the future...

4 7.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What do (or don't) you believe in the Bible?

Re: What do (or don't) you believe in the Bible?

What are with these poll percentages? It's 23-19 in favor of "nothing" yet when you add the percentages, it's 162 percent @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Haramis View Post
    What are with these poll percentages? It's 23-19 in favor of "nothing" yet when you add the percentages, it's 162 percent @_@
    That's because you can "choose all that apply". IOW, you can check multiple boxes.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDunn View Post
    Geocentricity is the belief that everything revolves around the Earth (including the sun). What is generally accepted today is a heliocentric solar system, which means everything orbits the sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrckBrln View Post
    Yeah, I thought he must have meant something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by GitRDunn View Post
    Perhaps something else was meant, and if that is the case, I apologize for misunderstanding Pneuma.
    No need. :-)

I know what heliocentricity and geocentricty are; and am well aware of the criticism it can bring even from YECers. I suppose I'm more accurately a proponent for the possibility/likelihood of geocentricity. I'm unconvinced by the current empirical "proofs", and I've returned to a baseline of examining all scientific methodologies. "Hard" science too often follows a path of Scientific Philosophy, and I question true empiricism in many things. I'm ripping up the whole floor, so to speak, to see what's underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    "Hard" science too often follows a path of Scientific Philosophy, and I question true empiricism in many things. I'm ripping up the whole floor, so to speak, to see what's underneath.
    What?!?!?! You mean theologians, scientist, and people in general let their own personal philosophy sway them? No!!!!!!
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Personally, I don't find anything in scripture difficult to believe. I wouldn't say that has always been the case, but the more I sought the Lord and His wisdom the easier it became. It eventually got to a point where my mind was renewed to a level that everything in scripture was easy to accept. Unbelief is a sign of a carnal, unrenewed mind. Jesus taught that the cure for a carnal, unrenewed mind is to deny self and seek. If you have a problem with unbelief, I would say that is an indication that you haven't been doing very much praying and fasting.
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

-- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

I voted. I think you can all figure out what I believe and what I don't...
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    What?!?!?! You mean theologians, scientist, and people in general let their own personal philosophy sway them? No!!!!!!
    Exactly! That's what has always prompted my search for truth and my resulting views. It's also why I actually KNOW what grace is... what faith is... what gnosis/epignosis/oida are.

If I end up back at heliocentricity, so be it. BUT... It won't be because I take someone else's word ad hoc. Science is first and foremost a philosophical pursuit, and I've determined not to place true biblical faith in it regardless what others do. My level of scientific concordism has been too great. I'm gonna run it through the sifter of the Holy Spirit, not Galileo and Pythagoras, et al.

I'm going to be an Agapesopher, not a Philosopher; and I'll let the chips fall where they may. Let God be true and every man a liar.

Blog Entries

The bottom line is that the truth of the Bible is not revealed to us through human wisdom or education, but it is revealed to us when we come to God as babes in simple faith and ask Him to teach us. This is the way God set it up, so that no one could boast in His presence.

Luke 10:21- In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.

Prayer- God give us all the grace to become as little children, so that we may learn of you.
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I voted. I think you can all figure out what I believe and what I don't...
    *Scratches head*

I have no idea... XD
    Dext3r Ministries, my ministry blog.

Epic God is epic!

You are the Lord, our God. May I live by faith for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Youssarian View Post
    *Scratches head*

I have no idea... XD

I'd rep you but board wont let me, I've given out too much today.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    Yes, I knew it would draw criticism, especially from TEs. :-)
    I would also think OEC/PC and YEC too.
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

Quote Originally Posted by IMINXTC View Post
    We agree to agree!

No conflict exists between the Bible and science when one arbitrarily dismisses the Biblical account as simply sublime poetry or mythology, reducing its truths to mere parabolic symbols, or transposing objective meaning and narrative into mere subjective religious attitude or existential response.

And no conflict occurs when one says that science's declarations cannot jeopardize the emotional or volitional implications of scriptural teaching.

Actually these unsatisfactory options buy peace between science and religion by surrendering the very heart of the Christian faith.
    How do these options surrender the "very heart of the Christian Faith"?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    I would also think OEC/PC and YEC too.
    Oh, very likely, yes.

I guess I could just continue taking secular science as the ultimate authority on all things, but I decided about a year ago to begin exploring the empiricism of Scientific Philosophy and I haven't much liked what I'm finding. It's more an effort to divest myself of artificial natural faith than it is to take any position(s); but heliocentricity is THE core of naturalist, evolution-based thought. I refuse to accept it unless/until the empiricism itself is subjected to the same non-assumptive scrutiny applied in other areas.

You and others are welcome to present a thorough case for heliocentricity in another thread. I'm not particularly stupid, so it might take more than you realize. In any case, I found myself building all my understanding according to science with a blind trust in many ways. I've put that aside and yielded it all to the Spirit of Truth. I think most just accept scientific conclusions in a way they don't even accept the Word.

Let God be true and every man a liar. I'm weary of God's inspired Word always riding in the rumble seat when it comes to science. Like I said, if I "orbit" back around to heliocentricity, it won't be because of blind faith in Galileo and modern Atheistic/Agnostic/Apatheistic Scientific Philosophy. It'll be because the empiricism stands the scrutiny others put on scripture. So far... I have more challenges than appropriate answers, so it's Geo until Helio is proven beyond what I've found so far.

Blog Entries

gee...believe fallen sinful presumptuous scientists and their baseless measurements or God...hmmm...tough call............................................no t.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    gee...believe fallen sinful presumptuous scientists and their baseless measurements or God...hmmm...tough call............................................no t.
    What do you mean by this? Are you also rejecting heliocentrism?
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

Thread Information