cure-real
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Conflict Between Israel and Iran, a prelude to the 70th week of Daniel?

Re: Conflict Between Israel and Iran, a prelude to the 70th week of Daniel?

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    I get you on this, Israelis are scared of Iranian nukes. But to develop a nuclear warhead program is the last line of defense of a country that is vulnerable to invasion by the West, so its a logical defense system from an Iranian point of view. Its necessary. So for the Iranians a nuclear program is absolutely essential to defend itself from the more powerful West, from a Jewish perspective a nuclear armed Iran is absolutely untenable because of their concerns about a sudden attack. Both parties have a clear point of view, but the result is the west will be the aggressor because they are the stronger power and therefore able to win the war. And just like Iraq, they will find reasons to attack that justify themselves. Sure these bombers are Iranians, just like KKK murderers are Americans. But can they be proven to be sent by the Iranian government? I am sure under "interrogation" they will all admit that, and then you will have your strong case for an Iranian invasion. But I believe western media will end up with a lot stronger case than a few Iranians admitting under interrogation that they are agents of the Iranian government. The media campaign is underway and is unstoppable until the invasion occurs, you will end up with all the evidence you need, and maybe in about a year you can point a finger at me and confidently say that its been "proved" that Iran was the obvious aggressor the whole time and deserved what they got. I have no doubts that will be the case.
    You work very hard to whitewash a dictator who allows no free elections and stifles all dissent by force, who is the leading supporter of terrorism today, who denies the Holocaust while talking about another one, whose leaders seem completely irrational.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Blog Entries

Kinda off topic...or, Idk maybe not....

A stroll over to the persecuted church prayer threads might shed some light on just how friendly Iran can be towards those they don't desire to do any harm to with a democracy and all....

Quote Originally Posted by quiet dove View Post
    Kinda off topic...or, Idk maybe not....

A stroll over to the persecuted church prayer threads might shed some light on just how friendly Iran can be towards those they don't desire to do any harm to with a democracy and all....
    If the west wishes to invade Iran because of the persecution that is starting in Iran, I would support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    You work very hard to whitewash a dictator who allows no free elections and stifles all dissent by force, who is the leading supporter of terrorism today, who denies the Holocaust while talking about another one, whose leaders seem completely irrational.
    I'm not saying he is perfect in any manner, all I'm saying is the west looks like the aggressor here and I see a war about to occur and I do not support war or warmongering or falsified information to create a war.

I'm not saying he is perfect in any manner, all I'm saying is the west looks like the aggressor here
    How is "the west" being the aggressor here? It's the Iranian leaders who are making all the bellicose statements. Just last week they said Israel is a "cancer", which must be "cut out". And they support Hamas and Hizbullah, who have tens of thousands of missiles aimed at Israel. Heck, the Arab countries are scared of Iran, begging us to do something.

and I see a war about to occur and I do not support war or warmongering or falsified information to create a war.
    What "falsified information"? Iran is enriching uranium, they freely admit it. Boast about it.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

If the west wishes to invade Iran because of the persecution that is starting in Iran, I would support it.
    I'm not saying he is perfect in any manner, all I'm saying is the west looks like the aggressor here and I see a war about to occur and I do not support war or warmongering or falsified information to create a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear enough, I meant I don't support unjustified wars.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough, I meant I don't support unjustified wars.
    What is a "justified war"? When you personally agree with the cause?

Israel is afraid of getting nuked. Why is that not "justified"?

You are so totally unnuanced and unshakeable in your views here that there that there seems little point to debate you.
    Are you Israeli or why do you have such passionate views about this? In fact, most Israelis I know only mildly dislike Iran. But with you, it seems a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    You are so totally unnuanced and unshakeable in your views here that there that there seems little point to debate you.
    Are you Israeli or why do you have such passionate views about this? In fact, most Israelis I know only mildly dislike Iran. But with you, it seems a mission.
    If the leader of a country declared they wanted to wipe you off the map, and they were developing nuclear weapons, would you be nuanced?
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

I think that pretty much describes everyone here, yourself included...

I don't dislike Iran at all. Believe it or not, I have a high opinion of the Iranian people. It's their unelected leaders that oppress them, support terrorism around the world, and threaten to destroy Israel that I have a problem with.

Hannah, why do you hate the Iranian people so much? Don't you care they they are oppressed? That they are not free? That they are led by madmen who want to destroy the world and are leading them to war?

Two responses, none of which answers my question.

Instead, answering my question with a question, and then making a provocative comment. (to which I am sure you already know the answer, and have your own response thought out... but I really can't be bothered)

Classic!

Haha!

In yesterdays news

The deputy head of Iran's armed forces, Mohammad Hejazi, told state media on Tuesday: "Our strategy now is that if we feel our enemies want to endanger Iran's national interests, and want to decide to do that, we will act without waiting for their actions..."
    I'm not really sure why this is news. Iran and it's terrorist proxies have launched plenty of attacks over the years without the slightest bit of provocation from Israel. Heck, last week alone there were three attempted bombings of Israeli embassies by Iran or her proxies.

Two responses, none of which answers my question.

Classic!

Haha!
    You want to know why Iran's nuclear program is of such concern to me? It's because I don't want to see another six million Jews murdered for the 'crime' of being Jewish.

Apparently your main concern here is scoring points against me. Have fun while the rest of us have a serious discussion.

Thread Information