cure-real

Thread: Ever had a sozo session before? And a note on daily devotions

Ever had a sozo session before? And a note on daily devotions

My friend recommended me to look into one, and I did a sozo session this past Saturday. Mine was 2 hours, and 2 men I never met before led me through some prayers and probing that allowed me to dialogue with Jesus on past issues, strongholds, etc.

The most striking image I received was when I was 11 and my parents moved us. It was not a move that I approved of.

So I asked, "Jesus, where were you that day? Would you show me?" (keep in mind I didn't come to know Christ until I was 25... just a couple years ago)

And I received an image of Him driving the moving truck. It was so vivid and so real... I started to cry.

Also had an image of myself sitting on God's lap... He is very gentle, not the STRICT disciplinary God I sometimes falsely believe.

It was definitely a nice breakthrough session. Got to talk about lots of different issues, and the word I came out with is assurance. Assurance in my identity as a child of God and that I'm royalty. Precious. Priceless. Son of the most high God. Beloved. Cared for. Treasured.

Praise God!

I've also been more consistent with my devotionals the past week. It's something I've been not too good at honestly in the 2 and a half years being saved. My acct. partner let me borrow his copy of One Year Walk with God devotional book by Chris Tiegreen. I like that book's style/format.

I told God 2012 I want to go from spiritual milk to spiritual meat. Time for me to grow in the faith further. As always, your prayers for a deeper relationship with God would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Ever had a sozo session before? And a note on daily devotions

What is a sozo session?
    Dext3r Ministries, my ministry blog.

Epic God is epic!

You are the Lord, our God. May I live by faith for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Youssarian View Post
    What is a sozo session?
    where you're led through interactive prayers to tap into God's love, grace, mercy and wisdom for understanding and healing, and revelations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    where you're led through interactive prayers to tap into God's love, grace, mercy and wisdom for understanding and healing, and revelations.
    Why does it need interactive led prayer, when the Lord is just waiting to give us these things if we seek Him and ask? I'm glad it blessed you brother, just trying to understand it.Is it a form of counselling? It does seem to have a similar theme.

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Quote Originally Posted by Indueseason View Post
    Why does it need interactive led prayer, when the Lord is just waiting to give us these things if we seek Him and ask? I'm glad it blessed you brother, just trying to understand it.Is it a form of counselling? It does seem to have a similar theme.

blessings to you

Not really a form of counseling, although there are some parts akin to counseling. It's a 1 shot deal though. And yes, we can do this all on our own, but Sozo helps push us in the right direction; particularly those of us who are more novice or need a little help with strongholds, past curses, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Not really a form of counseling, although there are some parts akin to counseling. It's a 1 shot deal though. And yes, we can do this all on our own, but Sozo helps push us in the right direction; particularly those of us who are more novice or need a little help with strongholds, past curses, etc.

What does "sozo" stand for? I found a link for it:http://bethelsozo.com/ but it doesn't say how they came to call it that.

Blessings

and Popcorn

"You can make the scriptures say whatever you want if you torture them long enough"

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    What does "sozo" stand for? I found a link for it:http://bethelsozo.com/ but it doesn't say how they came to call it that.
    Could it be that sozo in Greek means to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction? Is that the basis of the name?

W
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
    Could it be that sozo in Greek means to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction? Is that the basis of the name?

W

I think so:

KJV (110) - be whole, 2; heal, 3; make whole, 9; misc, 3; save, 93;
    NAS (108) - bring...safely, 1; cured, 1; ensure salvation, 1; get, 1; get well, 2; made well, 5; made...well, 6; preserved, 1; recover, 1; restore, 1; save, 36; saved, 50; saves, 1; saving, 1;

Blessings

and Popcorn

"You can make the scriptures say whatever you want if you torture them long enough"

Why I've never heard about a sozo session?

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle88 View Post
    Why I've never heard about a sozo session?
    Perhaps it's a regional thing?

Blog Entries

It sounds like something that can be helpful for some. I know, as I was called back to God a few years ago, He has led me, in prayer, to acknowledge some things I did that I had never realized were harmful, and some that I knew were and repented of. For me, it made me close to God and gave me a deeper feeling of fellowship with Him as I opened more of my life fully up to him.
    God happens!
    'I Can Only Imagine'

Bless the Beasts and the Children:
    http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

On cautionary note:
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPeter
    When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

Quote Originally Posted by slightlypuzzled View Post
    It sounds like something that can be helpful for some. I know, as I was called back to God a few years ago, He has led me, in prayer, to acknowledge some things I did that I had never realized were harmful, and some that I knew were and repented of. For me, it made me close to God and gave me a deeper feeling of fellowship with Him as I opened more of my life fully up to him.
    Definitely. The session occurred February 11, 2012. 3 days later, I got called in for my first EVER sub assignment. The session just started this chain of good events in my life, including a 45-day fast of a sin that has long plagued me. I don't think it was the session per se as it was the act/principle of seeking Jesus further for deliverance, healing and growth of my relationship with Him. Sozo isn't the power, make no bones about it, the answer always lies in Jesus. I think the Sozo though helped point my heart on the right path.

hey Steve, awesome to hear the truth you received from Jesus. I am a Theophostic Prayer Minister which is very akin to Sozo. If any of you have ever heard of TPM, Sozo is very similar, based on the same lie-based thinking healing. Steve, your truth received from the Lord sounds just like the truth I hear over and over that people receive from Jesus. And they are always left with that truth of his love for them personally and I always see them receive a revelation of identity.

The concept behind both TPM and Sozo is bringing truth to lie-based thinking. Many of us although we know a truth of God in our knowledge, still act at times from a completely different place without any warning. And we know we've been acting that same way most of our life. The founder of TPM is Dr Ed Smith a liscenced professional and he was dealing with incest survivors. In sessions they could acknowledge (as adults) that the incestuous relationship was not their fault, they in no way asked for it, and that they should not be clinging to the fears and shame, etc that they feel. They got that in their head. But no matter how much counseling he did with them, whenever they went into memory, and the emotions flooded over them, they still experienced all the lies they believe due to the abuse. It's my fault, I'm not worthy, I'm a bad person, etc. And when similar events happened in life, these same feelings would come out uncontrollably. Couldn't achieve intimacy with spouses, triggered in sexual relationship with spouses, etc. No amount of truth they received seemed to bring about healing, even the Christians who chased God hard for healing..... What was revealed to Ed was a way to use present emotion to guide back to the original memory where the lie was introduced and was contained. Emotion being the connector. Once the lie is discovered, then at that point, we ask Jesus what do you want Steve to know about his belief that you were not there that day when he moved? Or what do you want her to know about her belief that she in not worthy of love because of allowing this abuse to happen? etc. And then you let Jesus answer. Sometimes it's words/statements, sometimes it's pictures, whatever it is, I have yet to see Jesus not answer when we are at the root lie. he always reveals truth. When Jesus is done talking, we tend to go back to the memory to see how it feels now. Most of the time, the memory will be the same, but the emotion associated with it is peace, because the lie has been destroyed by the truth of God. If we find residual pain or hurt, we look again within the memory for other lies and let God go after that lie. We find that as the lies are removed, the way the people respond to events in their life change, as their minds are renewed by the truth. They no longer function from a lie based belief, but now their identity is centered in truth.

I like to answer Indueseasons question about why a guide? why can't you do it yourself? Some people can. Most can't. Just like some come out of the womb, the doc slaps their butt, they cry Hallelujah and their life is joy and faith from then on. While others walk through hell. Dunno? God works in a multitude of ways. TPM/Sozo isn't for everyone. But it is a great weapon in demolishing strongholds. The minister/guide/counselor is there to keep focused and to help identify the lie. As a TPM minister I'm helping to identify the emotion first. If they say I'm angry, that's not going to get us very far. Cause anger is a form of hurt. Identify why you are mad is not as raw as identifying why you are hurt. Sad is another form of hurt. Some people don't understand emotions enough to even tell you what they are feeling. So I help find the root emotion that seems most real/deep to the person and then we ask the Holy Spirit to guide them to when they have felt that before. Sometimes we jump back a year, sometimes to teenage yrs, sometimes straight back to childhood. Often it's a series of jumps and memories we go through until we find the root memory. Because you are going to have several memories where you have felt that emotion before because we tend to respond from that lie each time we are presented with a situation that we learned originally to believe from. (don't think that made as much sense as I hoped). Also, we experience running into what we call guardian lies. As the person gets close to that original lie, they are overcome with incredible fear for example and an overwhelming feeling of if I look into that memory, it will be more than I can bear. And they believe that strongly. As a guide, it's my job to then deal with that lie to get it out of the way. So we work on that lie for a bit and then offer it up to Jesus for truth. And he tears down that wall and we move deeper. Some people if trying to get there by themselves would be defeated right there. Or sometimes, in extreme cases, the enemy acts out to prevent you from getting there. That shuts people down too. So the prayer minister serves a variety of roles in a prayer session. But ultimately that's all I am during a session, a helper. All is done in the trust that the Holy Spirit is leading them back to the lie and providing all the strength and power to get there.

It's also my job to never ever interject my own personal opinion into any session. Even if I'm positive I see the lie and they can't. God has to lead them to it. The whole thing hinges on belief and choice. The person receiving prayer has to choose to move forward and allow the pain to come to expose the lie. We can't force them or help them in that. So we can help identify lies and help identify emotions, but we can never offer our own guidance or thoughts because then we're interjecting or own truth into the situation. I've seen God lead people all over the place and tear down lies that had nothing to do with what we thought we were going after. I've been receiving TPM for 6 years and in all the prayer sessions we've never touched what I feel is the biggest pain/hurt in my life. God always has something else He wants to heal than what I think is foremost. But that's reassuring to me in that He is in control and not me. But every truth brings freedom in my life as I'm sure Steve will find freedom from just that one Sozo experience.

I've heard of Sozo although I don't know much about it specifically. From what I've heard, Sozo came out of the healing ministry at Bethel Church (Bill Johnson's church) in CA. I've heard great things about it and my TPM minister is beginning to incorporate Sozo into her arsenal of ministry tools.

Anybody interested in TPM can get a great overview from a book called Healing Life's Hurts which can be gotten free I'm pretty sure from the Theophostic website. It can answer any questions in a much more detailed manner than this reply. The founders of TPM take the training very seriously and encourage we apprentice for at least a year before ever ministering and then only under supervision of a more advanced minister. Now that doesn't mean that anyone can pick up the training material and try TPM and do massive damage with it by allowing themselves to run the show rather than God. If you are considering TPM or Sozo, I would delve deeply into the persons training, who they are under authority with, and how their walk in the Spirit is. This is fragile ground we tread upon and we attack the enemy at his place of right in our life and he defends that strongly. You must make sure that your counselor is walking deeply with God and trained.
    \o/ Every heartbeat for your glory!

Thread Information