cure-real
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nanny state report: Government confiscates pre-schoolers home made lunch.

Nanny state report: Government confiscates pre-schoolers home made lunch.

The four-year-old girl brought a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, potato chips and apple juice in her packed lunch from home. That meal didnít meet with approval from the government agent who was on site inspecting kidsí lunches that day. She was forced to eat cafeteria chicken nuggets instead.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/14/na...#ixzz1mQXGRVu8

They could have at least grabbed a vegetable off of the cafeteria assembly line and let her eat her own lunch.

Blog Entries

Re: Nanny state report: Government confiscates pre-schoolers home made lunch.

So very sad: I would hate to see what they would have done with some of the lunches I brought to school at that age.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Ms. Obama's food police are everywhere, comrade.

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    So very sad: I would hate to see what they would have done with some of the lunches I brought to school at that age.
    I wonder if deer meat would be government approved.

What kind of Orwellian lunacy is going on here?

This simply cannot be allowed to continue.

When I saw the headline I assumed this was a report about Britain.

I didn't realise it was USA as well.

Not that we have state officials confiscating lunches but there have been similar complaints of teachers inspecting children's lunch boxes and telling parebnts off when they are not up to scratch regarding fruit and nutrition guidelines.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bede View Post
    When I saw the headline I assumed this was a report about Britain.

I didn't realise it was USA as well.

Not that we have state officials confiscating lunches but there have been similar complaints of teachers inspecting children's lunch boxes and telling parebnts off when they are not up to scratch regarding fruit and nutrition guidelines.

Yea, not enough additives....I I I mean nutrition.....

Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid View Post
    The four-year-old girl brought a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, potato chips and apple juice in her packed lunch from home. That meal didnít meet with approval from the government agent who was on site inspecting kidsí lunches that day. She was forced to eat cafeteria chicken nuggets instead.Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/14/na...#ixzz1mQXGRVu8They could have at least grabbed a vegetable off of the cafeteria assembly line and let her eat her own lunch.
    Dont you just love the Obummer administration?I would not write letters, I would go and raise up some serious commotion in person. I personally know my U.S. Representative and both my State Representatives. After I got through with the School and the board office, I would then move on to my representatives.

You know what's sad is that there are people who want this kind of government here (in this country).

A righteous man regards the life of his animal Pro. 12:10

Meals, the guidelines say, must include one serving each of meat, milk and grain and two servings of fruit or vegetables. Those guidelines apply to home-packed lunches as well as cafeteria meals.
    Her home made lunch met those guidelines a heck of a lot better than the schools chicken nuggets. Turkey = meat serving, cheese = milk/dairy serving, sandwich bread = grain serving, potato chips = vegetable serving, banana and apple juice = fruit serving.
    Thus says YHWH, "Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, Where the good way is, and walk in it; And you will find rest for your souls.
    -Jeremiah 6:16

Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

Quote Originally Posted by diffangle View Post
    Her home made lunch met those guidelines a heck of a lot better than the schools chicken nuggets. Turkey = meat serving, cheese = milk/dairy serving, sandwich bread = grain serving, potato chips = vegetable serving, banana and apple juice = fruit serving.
    That's what I was thinking too. Chicken nuggets are deep fried, not as healthy as turkey, that's for sure.

This is outrageous!

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Tension View Post
    You know what's sad is that there are people who want this kind of government here (in this country).
    Yep, they want this country to be just like Europe. They forget that there were good, valid reasons why we left Europe to come here to begin with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid View Post
    I wonder if deer meat would be government approved.
    It should be: far leaner and better for you then regular, chemical laden beef. No preservatives, additives, all natural. I love my venison.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    It should be: far leaner and better for you then regular, chemical laden beef. No preservatives, additives, all natural. I love my venison.
    I like it too, but it is not as clean as you might hope it is. Deer eat commercial crops. Commercial crops are heavily contaminated with insecticides and herbicides.
    When I watch the helicopter spray the insecticide that kills every crawling thing on the soy bean field, then I watch the deer eating in that field the next morning; it makes me wonder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    I like it too, but it is not as clean as you might hope it is. Deer eat commercial crops. Commercial crops are heavily contaminated with insecticides and herbicides.
    When I watch the helicopter spray the insecticide that kills every crawling thing on the soy bean field, then I watch the deer eating in that field the next morning; it makes me wonder.
    I happen to live in an area where they cannot spray, so the deer do get to eat "clean" corn and soybeans. And I have several farmers that beg me to hunt in the fall: I happily oblige them. With God allowing me to hunt, it saves me money I can use for Him. I process my own game, so I pay no one for that as well. And when I am out in the early AM on cold November/December mornings, and I get to see the glory of the Lord as the sun comes up and the stars are winking away....just not something I can truly describe. Some people have a little "prayer hut", some have other places they go to be close to Him. But those mornings that I am out in the world He has created, when I can just sit and listen to Him whisper in my soul as He shows me the paintings He has created just for me....that love....I am usually speechless.
    Rich Mullins

Thread Information