cure-real
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 176

Thread: Israel Makes Preparations for War

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    33,130

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I understand you. But all I can do right now is get on my knees and beg God for help.
    Then perhaps it's your mission to do that. Nothing wrong with that.

    But I'm not of the mindset that prayer alone will solve this problem.
    For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.

    Deuteronomy 4:31

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    I agree with both of you...

    I think prayer is powerful because God is powerful

    But I also think that the very prayer may be toward "what can I do", and also, even when we do things by the power of God, the crucial issue is being willing before God, being willing to be obedient, and just flat out be willing to do what is right.

    Regardless of ones religious convictions, the fact remains that right is right and wrong is wrong, the thing is, when folks leave out God they are left to determine right and wrong according to their own will and not His.

    And all men will be held accountable for their decisions, so while we pray for God's intervention, and we to also pray for His guidance and our obedience of His will in regards to actually doing something...all of that is also what we will be held accountable for...were we in willing obedience before God




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,399
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Then perhaps it's your mission to do that. Nothing wrong with that.

    But I'm not of the mindset that prayer alone will solve this problem.
    If I could, I would be more then willing to go to Israel right now and bear arms against her enemies. But I cannot. So I do pray. And here is what I pray for:

    1) People will rise up to protect Israel

    2) The US will stand up and help Israel

    3) That the Israeli people will be able to have some sort of peace to raise their children

    4) That someone will step into the gap and defend Israel before the UN

    5) That God will lead His children, and protect them

    6) That Gods Will shall be done in all things


    In one form or another, that is how I have been praying for Israel. I normally would not put something like that out there (as I believe prayer is more of a private matter in many ways), but I would like you to know. No matter what, Israel does not stand alone before God.

    In Him,

    CC

    Genesis 12:1-3

    Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

    And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

    And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
    Last edited by ChristianCoffee; Feb 24th 2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Spelling error BIG TIME
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

    For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gap
    Posts
    8,812
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    But it wasn't a praying person that smashed the Nazi regime. It was millions of screaming infantry men.
    Perhaps raised up in response to a praying person?

    You should know your own God and history better than this, no?

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    33,130

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    Perhaps raised up in response to a praying person?
    If everyone said "I'm going to pray and let God take care of it", it wouldn't get taken care of, see?
    For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.

    Deuteronomy 4:31

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,399
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    If everyone said "I'm going to pray and let God take care of it", it wouldn't get taken care of, see?
    I do not think everyone says that, Fenris. Because if they did, and if they actually did as they say they are going to, we truly would not be in this mess today.

    I pray God raises someone up to help Israel; because right now it looks as if no one is going to step into the gap for her.
    Last edited by ChristianCoffee; Feb 24th 2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Spelling again: fingers not awake yet.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

    For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon,Il
    Posts
    342

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    God has it all under control. He has a plan and it is going just as he planned it.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gap
    Posts
    8,812
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    If everyone said "I'm going to pray and let God take care of it", it wouldn't get taken care of, see?
    If God takes care of anything, He always uses people to do it, see? Didn't He raise up Moses in response to prayer for a deliverer?

  9. #99

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    If God takes care of anything, He always uses people to do it, see? Didn't He raise up Moses in response to prayer for a deliverer?
    Sometimes He opens the floor to swollow them up, sometimes He sends fire down from above, sometimes He brings a flood......

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Storagebox
    Posts
    1,917
    Blog Entries
    70

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    If I remember right David, a man of prayer and deep faith, took FIVE stones with him to slay Goliath...is that an example for us?.....
    God happens!
    'I Can Only Imagine'

    Bless the Beasts and the Children:
    http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

    On cautionary note:
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPeter
    When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Below the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    9,747

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    If everyone said "I'm going to pray and let God take care of it", it wouldn't get taken care of, see?
    The Christians number one excuse for the fact that they are doing absolutely NOTHING is "I am praying about it." The only worse excuse is "I am going to pray about it."

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Below the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    9,747

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Sometimes He opens the floor to swollow them up, sometimes He sends fire down from above, sometimes He brings a flood......
    Sometimes, like 99.9999999999999% of the time He required His children to get off their rear ends and do something to help themselves.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Below the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    9,747

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by student of the Lamb View Post
    God has it all under control. He has a plan and it is going just as he planned it.
    Good to know that. Why do we even care then? No matter how screwed up something is, we can find comfort in the fact that it is all God's fault.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mt. Vernon,Il
    Posts
    342

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    Good to know that. Why do we even care then? No matter how screwed up something is, we can find comfort in the fact that it is all God's fault.
    God is perfect and Holy and makes no mistakes. He does not make all our moves for us. He allows things to fall as they may and He does make certain adjustments to keep everything on the track He has for us. God answers all prayers but not always as we want them answered and not always when we want them answered. He also sometimes does want us to understand that we must be responsible for our own actions. He spent 40 years teaching the Children of Israel how to be responsible for themselves and they continued to whine and gripe and complain for most of if not all of those forty years. His plan and purpose for us is for us to be what he wants us to be. If that is His fault, I'll take it. We Americans have americanized Christianity to the point that we pray for this and for that from God and in that process we have de-centralized God and put ourselves between us and Him. We are so self absorbed that we can no longer see that God expects us to live as He wants us to and act and do as He wants us to do. His plan is moving along just as He saw it would long before Adam even walked this earth.

  15. #105

    Re: Israel Makes Preparations for War

    Quote Originally Posted by student of the Lamb View Post
    God is perfect and Holy and makes no mistakes. He does not make all our moves for us. He allows things to fall as they may and He does make certain adjustments to keep everything on the track He has for us. God answers all prayers but not always as we want them answered and not always when we want them answered. He also sometimes does want us to understand that we must be responsible for our own actions. He spent 40 years teaching the Children of Israel how to be responsible for themselves and they continued to whine and gripe and complain for most of if not all of those forty years. His plan and purpose for us is for us to be what he wants us to be. If that is His fault, I'll take it. We Americans have americanized Christianity to the point that we pray for this and for that from God and in that process we have de-centralized God and put ourselves between us and Him. We are so self absorbed that we can no longer see that God expects us to live as He wants us to and act and do as He wants us to do. His plan is moving along just as He saw it would long before Adam even walked this earth.
    Some Christians have more faith in Egypt then Almighty God

    Exo 14:10 As Pharaoh drew near, the sons of Israel looked, and behold, the Egyptians were marching after them, and they became very frightened; so the sons of Israel cried out to the LORD.
    Exo 14:11 Then they said to Moses, "Is it because there were no graves in Egypt that you have taken us away to die in the wilderness? Why have you dealt with us in this way, bringing us out of Egypt?
    Exo 14:12 "Is this not the word that we spoke to you in Egypt, saying, 'Leave us alone that we may serve the Egyptians'? For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness."
    Exo 14:13 But Moses said to the people, "Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the LORD which He will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you will never see them again forever.
    Exo 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 26th 2011, 11:17 AM
  2. Discussion True Israel or Natural Israel?
    By wpm in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: Oct 13th 2008, 08:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •