To make a case for "predestination", the principle of "God sovereignly gives to men before they believe or turn to Him", would have to be established. Let's discuss the passage, especially what you have hilighted.
•· To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God
Here he uses "a faith", as "a belief"; a gospel. Not that He gives us belief.
•· His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness
God's gifts can be voluntarily received, or rejected; this does not establish "one-sided-giving". (Also see "godliness" in 2:1:5-11.)
•· through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue
Is this necessarily "exclusive calling", that He called US but not the REST? No.
Let's discuss the same passage, but beyond what you considered. First, you quoted verse 4:
•· having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Let's pick out some key words:
1. Same faith/belief/gospel as us
2. apopheugo-escaped the corruption in the world
3. Through the epignosis-true-knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord
4. (verse 1) Our God and Savior Jesus
These people were saved, right? They escaped the corruption of the world through the true knowledge of the Lord (Kurios) and Savior (Soter) Jesus. Can't be denied. With me?
2Pet2:18 "(The false) seek to entice ...those who have barely¹/truly² escaped.
20) For if after having apopheugo-escaped the defilements of the world through the epignosis-true-knowledge of the Kurios-Lord and Soter-Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse than the first.
21) It would have been better for them NOT to have epiginosko-truly-known the way of righteousness, than HAVING known it, to have epistrepho truly-spiritually-turned-away-from-it."
¹ King James translates from Textus Receptus, "ontos apopheugo", truly/clean escaped
² New American Standard translates from a more recognized Greek, "oligos apopheugo", barely escaped
In chapter 2, they:
1. apopheugo-escaped defilements
2. Through the epignosis-true-knowledge
3. of the Kurios-Lord and Soter-Savior Jesus
Exactly how can the exact same Greek words mean "saved" in chapter1, but "not-saved" in chapter 2? Further --- they KNEW the way of righteousness, a variant of epignosis; and they turned-away-from-it, "epistrepho" denoting a true spiritual turning.
How did these in chapter two not actually fall from salvation? How can their current "overcome" state be worse than before, if they were always unsaved? Is there one "unsaved" that is worse than another "unsaved"?
I really really appreciate allowing me to look through your eyes at these verses; I look forward with excitement to understanding how you perceive these. :-)
I think the first "problem" (that is, difference between us), is in how we perceive 2Pet1:1; I like the New American Standard, which reads: "...who have received a faith the same kind as ours"... This does not teach "belief-to-salvation", but "a faith/belief/gospel".I fell we need to start somewhere solid, and you requested to look at 2 Pet, so if you're keen, let's get down to it?
And you!God bless
Are you up around London much? I can't believe I missed the Ferris Wheel; I wanna go back badly. And I missed the Tower of London! There were not so many cameras when I was there. Does it ever bother you to be on 300+ cameras, with facial recognition software??? If the software ever messed up, it might be like the disaster I had when I tried to go to the zoo. I was fine until leaving --- a crowd of keepers descended on me, one shouting, "GET THE NET! ONE OF 'EM IS ESCAPING!!!"