Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
You start off saying, "actually" as if you disagree, but you agree. I used (as you did) verses both before and after verse 44 to establish his authority. Since you agree there are some before, why springboard from verse 44?
My statement was very simple.
"The Father draws through the Son, which is the point of the chapter."
That's very easy to see throughout the entire chapter.
I thought you were saying the point was the drawing, when Jesus was responding to their questioning of His authority. "Those who come to Me, are authorized by the Father; _I_ am authorized."
I quoted

Joh 12:23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

There's no reason to go elsewhere. We will always have enough in the context if our interpretation and understanding is correct. He doesn't drag all men to salvation. He does drag all to his Judgment Seat that he obtained through his life, death, and resurrection.
The word "draw" does mean "all men to salvation". Not that all will come, for many prefer sin (John3:19-20). But the Cross attracts all men, providing proof enough for belief to be saved (Acts17:31).

"Draw" (according to the Lexicon) is also in Jn18:10 (Peter drew his sword) and Jn21:6 & 11 (they were unable to draw up the nets), Acts16:19 (very much "drew them FORCEFULLY into the marketplace"), Acts21:30 and James2:6.

The wording is "Jesus draws them to Himself" --- not "draws them to judgment". To-Himself, can only promote "salvation". No unrepentant sinner comes to Jesus.
He does drag all to his Judgment Seat that he obtained through his life, death, and resurrection.
This sounds like the Calvinistic interpretation, "Jesus draws all the PREDESTINED to Himself". Rather than the Scriptural "all-provision", and "believers-fulfillment" (see 1Tim4:10).