cure-real
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: $4 a Gallon Gas Has Arrived, Is $6 a Gallon Gas in Your Future?

Blog Entries

Re: $4 a Gallon Gas Has Arrived, Is $6 a Gallon Gas in Your Future?

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    The Bureau of Labor and Statistics made the tweaks under the endorsement of the Obama administration. The actual CPI without the tweaks quadruples our natuonal debt, and you know Obama has been spending like a lost child in a candy store. So the tweaks make the whole think a big fat lie.

And we all know it.
    I don't dispute it, I'm just saying it's not just Obama who plays silly games with official statistics. When it's in the government's interest for a number to be low they'll find reasons to make sure it's low. If it's in their interests for it to be high, it mysteriously starts to rise.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I don't dispute it, I'm just saying it's not just Obama who plays silly games with official statistics. W4hen it's in the government's interest for a number to be low they'll find reasons to make sure it's low. If it's in their interests for it to be high, it mysteriously starts to rise.
    If its in Obama's talking points its his silly game

Blog Entries

All last week Obama lobbied the senate to vote down a bill giving the green light to Keystone-XL. Today the measure was defeated in the senate. OBAMA OWNS THIS. In the coastal waters off of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties there is so much oil and natural gas that it is seeping through cracks in in the ocean floor to such an extent that sea birds are found coated in the stuff and recently a whale watching boat encountered a natural gas spring boiling up with natural gas roiling the water from fissures in the ocean floor. In fact the amount of recoverable liquid petrolium in the lower 48 and Alaska is estimated at 1.6 TRILLION barrels. Thats enough oil to keep the largest of SUVs and hummers humming along for the next 250 years and not have to import a single drop. The problem is that environmentalists and government have laid down restrictions on public lands prohibiting oil drilling and production. If government were to get out of the way and grant leases and tell the environmentalists to shove off the price of oil would crash dive and the speculators would abandon the oil market. It is Obama who has revoked land based leases in the lower 48. It is Obama who has placed drilling morotoriums on production in the Gulf even though those morotoriums have been overturned by the courts no new production leases have been granted in the Gulf of Mexico since the sinking of BPs Deepwater Horizion. It is Obama withdrawl of Shell Oils permit in Alaska to set up a production platform offshore. It is Obamas stubborn refusal to allow oil to be extracted in ANWR Alaska. If you also include the non liquid shale based oil deposits that would tack on another 5 TRILLION more barrels of oil. Thats enough oil to not only power all those hugh honkin hummers but also have enough to export to the rest of the world for the next 500 years. These high gas prices are solely the fault of one evil monster -- BARRAK HUSSAIN OBAMA. - - - - Dravenhawk
    Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the people than a standing army -- Thomas Jefferson.

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic -- Benjamin Franklin.

"Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again" -- Unknown author. -- >> Psa. 109:8 Let his days be few, And let another take his office.

Filled up yesterday (well, not a full tank), and regular was 4.58 per gal. $20 bucks, meh. Good thing I live only 4 minutes away from work.

eta: glad I don't have to pay what tango has to pay in the UK. Holy cow!!!

Blog Entries

I put $25.00 in this morning....at $4.22 a gallon.

So I am a little lower then you right now, LT.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

I do not care what gas costs. I am in God's hands. If He wants me to get to work, then He will make sure I arrive, regardless of the greed and avarice of man. Otherwise, I have plenty to do at home.
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Blog Entries

$3.40 here, 3.30 11 miles away across the border.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I don't dispute it, I'm just saying it's not just Obama who plays silly games with official statistics. When it's in the government's interest for a number to be low they'll find reasons to make sure it's low. If it's in their interests for it to be high, it mysteriously starts to rise.
    Bingo!! As much as I rail on BHO and as much as I liked Dubya, remember that during the Dubya administration, gas went up quite a bit before it went down. In fact, after Katrina, I expected, after a while, that prices would've gone back close to pre-Katrina levels. It never really did (which I never understood why. Of course, I never read into the reason).

Blog Entries

Kind of seems it's heading in a direction that might actually see a future war fought on horseback......
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

Quote Originally Posted by awestruckchild View Post
    Kind of seems it's heading in a direction that might actually see a future war fought on horseback......
    Hmmm, yes, possibly.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Attributed to Albert Einstein, lamenting the destructive power of nuclear weapons.

I wonder though if the same thing could be achieved by global destruction of major world economies through political policy, not war.
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Blog Entries

I heard on the way to work today the Federal Government may release some of it's "emergency" oil reserves to keep prices down. Is it a political ploy???

Also, they release the reserves, but we STILL have to send most of it overseas to be processed. Our refineries here in the US are badly out of date: though I have also heard we may be building some new ones in the "near future".
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I heard on the way to work today the Federal Government may release some of it's "emergency" oil reserves to keep prices down. Is it a political ploy???

Also, they release the reserves, but we STILL have to send most of it overseas to be processed. Our refineries here in the US are badly out of date: though I have also heard we may be building some new ones in the "near future".
    Releasing reserves only works as a short term measure, it's like spending your savings to tide you over until you get a new job. It's fine in theory but sooner or later the savings run out and then you're completely hosed.

Just think what will happen to the price if the government uses up the emergency reserves and then Iran starts playing silly games in the Straits of Hormuz.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries

Just think what will happen to the price if the government uses up the emergency reserves and then Iran starts playing silly games in the Straits of Hormuz.
    I thought they already were, to a small extent. I do not think they will do anything major until later this summer, when the US driving season gets underway.
    Rich Mullins

Blog Entries

I was thinking about this yesterday when I heard on the Rush Limbaugh show that Obama was going to release from the Stratigic reserve. Take into account that Obama has not released one single production drilling permit since taking office, He nixxed the Keystone-XL, as well as having already drawn from the SR last year (not sure he replaced it). These elements look to be forming the perfect oil storm. If I were a crazy Iranian leader I would want to bust a move all over the straights of Hormuz around late summer this year. - - - - Dravenhawk
    Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the people than a standing army -- Thomas Jefferson.

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic -- Benjamin Franklin.

"Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again" -- Unknown author. -- >> Psa. 109:8 Let his days be few, And let another take his office.

Filled up yesterday. $4.68 per gal. $20 don't get you much these days.

Thread Information