cure-real
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There will be a sun or there won't be a sun in eternity?

Re: There will be a sun or there won't be a sun in eternity?

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    Rev 22.5 there shall be no night there.....Where? In the new Jerusalem. It does not say there will be no sun for light on the new earth.

That's the point I get from that passage as well. But for some reason, some folks equate this new Jerusalem with the entire earth. IOW, it doesn't actually have a physical location.

Quote Originally Posted by fewarechosen View Post
    2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

the Sun isnt He was with Him from start, before heavens were created and He will be the light. the sun, gone.

Did you ever notice that when the first world was destroyed, meaning the world of the ungodly, that nothing happened to the sun nor the earth itself? I realize the earth was flooded, but it wasn't destroyed. It was the wicked that were destroyed.

But he makes a new heavens.

Sorry, that post is for fewarechosen.

But he makes a new heavens.
    yes he does, no need for a but

yea i think thats how i understand it as in scripture.

the first earth perished in flood - was wiped over.
    the earth that is now is reserved unto fire - burnt up

so first water then fire,

inline with water baptism/fire baptism

just sharing thoughts on how i see it, not pushing some agenda, thought it was interesting convo.

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
    2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
    2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2Pe_3:10
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

yea i think thats how i understand it as in scripture.

the first earth perished in flood - was wiped over.
    the earth that is now is reserved unto fire - burnt up

so first water then fire,

inline with water baptism/fire baptism

just sharing thoughts on how i see it, not pushing some agenda, thought it was interesting convo.

It looks like you and I may be somewhat on the same page here. Because I too equate the flood with that of baptism. But I still take the flood as meaning literal. Do you take the flood as literal as well?

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    It looks like you and I may be somewhat on the same page here. Because I too equate the flood with that of baptism. But I still take the flood as meaning literal. Do you take the flood as literal as well?
    i cant think of a reason it wouldnt/couldnt be both physical and (spiritual/heavinly) ? but i do take it to mean much more than just a physical wipe out with water.

i get the feeling its tied to the "water" spoken of in genises

and to be honest havent thought prayed or pondered this much, just sorta talkin about it as how i see what part of it i do see lol

and also remember the flood let out of serpents mouth.

yes he does, no need for a but
    The but is because they'll be a new sun in the new heaven, since it is only in Jerusalem the sun is not needed.

Blog Entries

i dont have a shadow doctrine. i was just using simple words how i would phrase it without having to make long winded posts.

Col_2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Heb_8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Heb_10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

but that above is the general idea scripturely speaking, if it doesnt make sense dont accept it, not trying to argue some point just how i conveyed it.
    The context of this verse is about Torah and the Levitical priesthood not the entire creation, so I'm still trying to see the relationship.......?????

I wonder if the decline of the earth andheavens we observe now is a consequence of the fall. I don't know why God would create a universe designed to fall apart and pass away.

The but is because they'll be a new sun in the new heaven, since it is only in Jerusalem the sun is not needed.
    when i read the scripture of new heaven new earth, i dont recall anything about sun.

so i dont assume one in.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    The context of this verse is about Torah and the Levitical priesthood not the entire creation, so I'm still trying to see the relationship.......?????
    i see the context in that of all things

but no worries if we see different, not trying to convince you.

when i read the scripture of new heaven new earth, i dont recall anything about sun.

so i dont assume one in.
    Right, you assume one out. How do the people outside the city see?

Blog Entries

The Light of Christ? That would be my guess. His Glory is brighter then the sun, so I think (could be wrong) that is how.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

no - i read it simply

he says new heaven, new earth - so it is

i do not add or take anything away - i dont add in dust or stars or anything - i think its new

Thread Information