cure-real

Thread: Looking for a short-term mission to Mexico, possibly

Blog Entries

Looking for a short-term mission to Mexico, possibly

somewhere even in the US would be fine. I am a student but not going to be going during the Summer. I could take a vacation but I think God is putting it on my heart to do a mission for the first time in my walk with Him. I know there are plenty of needs right in the US so I am not pickie about where I go, only want to go where the need is.

If anyone knows of something I could do, please write me. I am 59, in very good health, many skills that might be used. I will list some here:

cooking
    teaching basic computer skills
    photography
    teaching biblestudy
    helping with children
    I am not bilingual so maybe something in the US
    teaching a craft or art
    Just helping with anything I am able to
    organizing activites like games

Denise, a sister in Christ

Re: Looking for a short-term mission to Mexico, possibly

My wife would love a three month missionary during the summer.

Seriously, if your heart is willing (and it certainly appears to be), He will make use of you. Never forget, you mission could be right outside your door.
    θεοφιλε

Blog Entries

Tell me more? I am very willing. Where would I need to go as I need to think about how much I need for money and also, a passport if necessary, lots to learn about. Please ask her to write me here or at nwcountry@gmail.com. Thank you much, Denise!!

I'm sorry, Denise...that "wife needing missionary" was meant to be humorous...obviously, I failed. Your abilities including cooking, working with children, arts and crafts, teaching Bible study...I was thinking of you being our missionary/nanny. That's why I put "Seriously" in the next line.

Perhaps my humor is just too subtle.

Here's a suggestion: If you don't have a "missions director" at the church where you attend, get in contact with your local Church of the Nazarene (the denomination I'm in). They can put you in touch with potential missions opportunities, foreign and domestic. Plenty of "Work and Witness" opportunities out there.
    θεοφιλε

Blog Entries

Right now the only mission I would like to go on is to come over and smack you, LOL!!! You at least found a sister that has a sense of humor. I am a bit nieve though so well, nothing happens in God's world by mistake I will check out the Nazarene Theo and thank you. My church does have a one-week opportunity but I am not sure yet(as he hasn't called me back)what it would entail. Thank you for the heads up for the Nazarene. Gonna look them up right now Denise, ysic

Quote Originally Posted by Oregongrown View Post
    Right now the only mission I would like to go on is to come over and smack you, LOL!!!
    I will consider myself warned.

BTW, although I am fond of the COTN, other churches likely have mission opportunties as well, so don't limit yourself. Plus, with all the skills you have, there would be tons of churches that would love you for VBS.

Oh, and the COTN has a long term presence in Peru that I think might be right up your alley: http://extremenazarene.org/About.aspx?ID=2

I've wanted to do this for about two years, and just haven't been able to get there yet. I'd love to go and take my middle daughter.
    θεοφιλε

Thread Information