cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Jesus literally set foot on earth again?

Will Jesus literally set foot on earth again?

I'm under the impression that some, or maybe even many, believe Jesus will never set foot on earth again. This doesn't necessarily mean that these are concluding He's not coming back, it's just that He's not setting foot on the earth again, forever I guess. This to me is illogical. I think the argument is that there are no Scriptures that support Jesus setting foot on the earth again. What about putting two and two together via Scriptures tho, the same way one might conclude Jesus is God, not because there are Scriptures that clearly say this, but because that's what the Scriptures add up to? So now I'm interested in how widespread this conclusion is, that Jesus never sets foot on earth again. If anyone in here comes to that same conclusion, why? What makes you believe that is true?

Re: Will Jesus literally set foot on earth again?

Hi divaD

I come to that conclusion.

No place will be found for the present earth when Jesus comes again. He will bring the place that he has gone to prepare, a new heaven and new earth, where righteousness will dwell.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Hi divaD

I come to that conclusion.

No place will be found for the present earth when Jesus comes again. He will bring the place that he has gone to prepare, a new heaven and new earth, where righteousness will dwell.

So what exactly are you saying then? Could you give a little more detail?

I believe that He will physically return to the earth when He fights the anti-christ and his followers.

How then do you interpret this?
    Zechariah 14:4
    And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south.
    or this passage,
    Isaiah 63:1
    Who is this who comes from Edom,With dyed garments from Bozrah, This One who is glorious in His apparel, Traveling in the greatness of His strength?— “ I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save.”
    Just wondering how you would interpret these.

Edit to add:

I don't see the New Jerusalem and the new heaven and new earth as occuring until after the 1000 years, this in my understanding will be Jesus literally reigning from Jerusalem on terra firma.
    Mark

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14

(All Scripture quoted is from NKJV unless otherwise noted)

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    So what exactly are you saying then? Could you give a little more detail?
    Sure.
    I believe that when Jesus returns ,would include events that happened in Noahs day.
    The end result of the flood account is that the righteous survived and everyone else Perished.

Seeing as Jesus said that his kingdom was not of this world, and i go to a place to prepare a place for you, so that you will be with me where I am,........ Im just waiting patiently for his coming to recieve me unto Himself . I dont care where im living, whether it here or there, im going to be with him....and thats the whole point. Id live anywhere where God chose to place himself. But everything becomes new, so i dont expect to be living here.

I'm under the impression that some, or maybe even many, believe Jesus will never set foot on earth again. This doesn't necessarily mean that these are concluding He's not coming back, it's just that He's not setting foot on the earth again, forever I guess. This to me is illogical. I think the argument is that there are no Scriptures that support Jesus setting foot on the earth again. What about putting two and two together via Scriptures tho, the same way one might conclude Jesus is God, not because there are Scriptures that clearly say this, but because that's what the Scriptures add up to? So now I'm interested in how widespread this conclusion is, that Jesus never sets foot on earth again. If anyone in here comes to that same conclusion, why? What makes you believe that is true?
    He sets foot upon the Mt of Olives, and will live eternity with us here on earth according to Rev ending chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    He sets foot upon the Mt of Olives, and will live eternity with us here on earth according to Rev ending chapters.
    No..
    Everything becomes new, and no place is found for this earth...it flees away from Gods presence..
    God has got something better, a big surprise for those that love him.

No..
    Everything becomes new, and no place is found for this earth...it flees away from Gods presence..
    God has got something better, a big surprise for those that love him.
    I doubt that's literal.

Blog Entries

Sure.
    I believe that when Jesus returns ,would include events that happened in Noahs day.
    The end result of the flood account is that the righteous survived and everyone else Perished.

Seeing as Jesus said that his kingdom was not of this world, and i go to a place to prepare a place for you, so that you will be with me where I am,........ Im just waiting patiently for his coming to recieve me unto Himself . I dont care where im living, whether it here or there, im going to be with him....and thats the whole point. Id live anywhere where God chose to place himself. But everything becomes new, so i dont expect to be living here.
    Wonderful post!!

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

I doubt that's literal.
    No eye has seen and no ear has heard of the glorious home God has prepared for us.
    We will be pleasantly surprised at the depth of love we will experience in the Fathers house of righteousness.

No eye has seen and no ear has heard of the glorious home God has prepared for us.
    John has.

The "new earth" is a new earth age, a revived Earth, but it's the same Earth we have now, just will be better.

Put me in the group that believe Jesus will set foot down on the earth again.

Acts 1
    9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

He went in His Body from the ground up and He will return as He went. In His Body from Heaven to Earth.

Zechariah 14
    4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east. And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south.

His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives..

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

John has.

The "new earth" is a new earth age, a revived Earth, but it's the same Earth we have now, just will be better.
    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
    2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

No fishing on the new earth

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.
    2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

No fishing on the new earth
    No animals will exist.

No animals will exist.
    Dont know about that, but no persistent sinners will dwell there

Thread Information