cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Blind

Blog Entries

Going Blind

When I was born I was born with my right eye turned in. The corrective surgeries ended up damaging some of the muscles and nerves. For all of my life I have had sight only in my left eye and over the last dozen years or so my sight has dimmed. For the most part this has been fixable with stronger perscription glasses, but now I have just about maxed out the range of what corrective lenses are capable of doing. At this juncture in my life I am faced with inevitably going blind. If I said I wasn't terrified at this prospect one could call me a liar. Now this is something I have brought to Christ in prayer knowing that there is documented proof he has healed the blind. I have tried claiming the victory and the healing and yet my sight continues to degrade. Mind you I will pray earnestly about receiving the healing, so expecting it that when I wake in the morning I will not reach for my glasses so I can check and see if God healed me while I was sleeping. Now I just dont get it? Am I lacking faith (because I find myself doubting)? Am I missing something I have not surrendered over to God? Has God simply answered this one with "no"? I am not really sure where to go with this. - - - - Dravenhawk
    Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the people than a standing army -- Thomas Jefferson.

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic -- Benjamin Franklin.

"Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again" -- Unknown author. -- >> Psa. 109:8 Let his days be few, And let another take his office.

Re: Going Blind

I'm very sorry about this turn of events and the prospects of loosing your sight.

You have my prayers this morning and will continue to have them, asking for a wonderful resolution to this serious problem in whatever fashion the Lord decides to answer. I'm very confident He has something quite special in mind.

It's just like Him.

Will be watching here for updates when they are available.

Lord Bless
    Stephen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenhawk View Post
    When I was born I was born with my right eye turned in. The corrective surgeries ended up damaging some of the muscles and nerves. For all of my life I have had sight only in my left eye and over the last dozen years or so my sight has dimmed. For the most part this has been fixable with stronger perscription glasses, but now I have just about maxed out the range of what corrective lenses are capable of doing. At this juncture in my life I am faced with inevitably going blind. If I said I wasn't terrified at this prospect one could call me a liar. Now this is something I have brought to Christ in prayer knowing that there is documented proof he has healed the blind. I have tried claiming the victory and the healing and yet my sight continues to degrade. Mind you I will pray earnestly about receiving the healing, so expecting it that when I wake in the morning I will not reach for my glasses so I can check and see if God healed me while I was sleeping. Now I just dont get it? Am I lacking faith (because I find myself doubting)? Am I missing something I have not surrendered over to God? Has God simply answered this one with "no"? I am not really sure where to go with this. - - - - Dravenhawk
    I am sorry to hear about this, and like Stephen,I will be praying about it. I don't believe it's a matter of your level of faith, but more about your level of surrender. Like Jesus, all we can do is ask to take the cup away, but be surrendered enough to accept that this may be God's will for you. If God can bring something good out of your blindness, if He can be glorified one way or another, then can you yield to His will? Can you trust Him enough to look after you, and use you, regardless of what the future holds? What if loosing your natural sight opened your Spiritual eyes to a whole different level?

We know that God can heal you, and He may do just that. I believe however, that He is asking you to surrender your sight, and let Him be glorified in whatever He decides to do.

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indueseason View Post
    I am sorry to hear about this, and like Stephen,I will be praying about it. I don't believe it's a matter of your level of faith, but more about your level of surrender. Like Jesus, all we can do is ask to take the cup away, but be surrendered enough to accept that this may be God's will for you. If God can bring something good out of your blindness, if He can be glorified one way or another, then can you yield to His will? Can you trust Him enough to look after you, and use you, regardless of what the future holds? What if loosing your natural sight opened your Spiritual eyes to a whole different level?We know that God can heal you, and He may do just that. I believe however, that He is asking you to surrender your sight, and let Him be glorified in whatever He decides to do.blessings to you
    Interesting that you would mention a sharpening of spiritual sight. As my physical sight fades my spiritual sight has sharpened. Oftentimes I get rep notes that read "post spoken like a prophet." You know sometimes I will have moments of such clairity of spiritual sight it can be as frightening as giing blind in the natural. While I have come to terms with God over the potential of losing my sight entirely I never gave thought to surrendering my sight over to God and laying it at the foot of the Cross. Certianally something to add to my prayers over this issue - - - - Dravenhawk
    Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the people than a standing army -- Thomas Jefferson.

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic -- Benjamin Franklin.

"Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again" -- Unknown author. -- >> Psa. 109:8 Let his days be few, And let another take his office.

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

I pray that Abba strengthen your faith. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Our dependence upon Him is more than we imagine. Whatevern His purpose here, He is working it to your good and He has much to show you.

blessings,

Andy
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Blog Entries

I got hit in my left eye when I was a kid and ended up with a traumatic shock cataract. They did laser surgery on it back in the 70s when that was brand new. When the surgeon sewed the cornea back up it displaced and partially paralyzed the pupil. The vision is correctable to 20/40 but I needed a specially ground lens to cover the pupil. The regular ones kept slipping down the iris. My right eye is 20/20 so the images between the two eyes wouldn't blend. I was too active for glasses so I just learned to do without it. I read so much that I have now weakened the right eye. I am up to 3.0 cheaters. I can relate in a small way. I will be praying for a miracle for you,brother.

We are kindred spirits.

Blessings

and Popcorn

"You can make the scriptures say whatever you want if you torture them long enough"

Blog Entries

My heart just went to you when I read your post

May God make all things clear to you..His will, His plan...May He hold you tight and lift you up to heights you have never imagined..May He pour out His strength upon and fill you with His Spirit. May you see His greatest and may you stand above, overcoming, all things...may you rest in the glory of our awesome God..May you stand strong in sound doctrine and understanding

I will be praying for you brother

Blog Entries

I don't think it's an issue of faith. Please stop trying to search for fault within yourself. If God thinks you need perfect eye sight, He will give it to you.

My son was born with disabilities. Turns out, it was God's way of opening us all up to another world with real people in it that are awesome. Turns out, it was Him challenging me to look past my own ideas and ideals and my life has a completely different meaning now. So some of us don't have perfect bodies. And? We're so much more than our bodies. We're whole people inside that we will still be when our bodies fail us. You'll never stop being you. So let God be God. Easier said than done sometimes, I know, but He knows what He is doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    I don't think it's an issue of faith. Please stop trying to search for fault within yourself. If God thinks you need perfect eye sight, He will give it to you.

Dani is right

I agree with Dani and meant to say something...I was just so taken by your post ....

We should all always be searching our hearts before the Lord, but that is not to say that the situations we are are a lack of faith.

and if lack of perfect faith were the cause of troubles, we would all be completely destroyed by one trouble or another because we all fall short. Jesus died for us because we fall short, He has paid the price for our falling short...He took upon Himself the judgments for our falling short...our short comings are paid for, in full...

My late Step-Father, bless his soul, was a very rough individual and quite cynical towards the faith. He had lost one eye as an adolescent.

I once heard a very tiny little neighborhood girl (Shanna) sitting on his lap tell him not to worry because when he gets to heaven he can open both eyes.

My sister in-law has been totally blind from a very young age, and had her eyes removed. She has gone on and had two children and brought them up almost on her own. She gets out and about with her aids very well, and lives an almost normal life.

I think my point is, that as traumatic as physical blindness can be, we can still cope with life, but to be spiritually blind man is lost.

Mat 13:15 For the heart of this people has become dull, and their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes have closed, lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn back, that I should heal them.'
    Mat 13:16 "But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears, because they hear.
    Mat 13:17 For assuredly I say to you, that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and they did not see, and to hear what you hear, and they did not hear."

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Dravehawk, I too will be praying for you. And what more can I add to what everyone else has said, but amen?.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Dravenhawk, if your sight fails you, know that God will always be there for you. Sometimes, shutting our spiritual eyes is even more tragic. But you being here, seeking counsel, is faith enough that's from God. Do not think that you are losing faith. Instead, you are gaining all the strength that you need whatever the future may hold for you, and that surrender to the Lord is all you need to be who you are. Losing a body part will not make you less of a believer. I will pray for you!

Blog Entries

Drawenhawk
    A friend of mine has gone blind recently, and in an amazing way God opened her spiritual eyes, may He do so for you if it is not in His will to restore you physical sight.

Faith does not always exempt us from suffering... but I think it secures a blessing in a different way, may God reveal to you His will
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Scripture sometimes doesn't truly come to life in our lives until we are in a situation where the scripture is a place to rest in. Faith? Questions don't mean lack of faith, doubt usually does. What does God want to teach you and is patience a plan of God in your life and then when you are through the trial or in the trial, are prayers gonna be answered?

I've seen fully physically capable Christians fail in a task that the next Christian who is disabled, using their wheelchair to run circles around those who are without physical disabilities. They get the work done!! Kingdom work doesn't always require a perfect body, it does require a will aligned with God's will and nothing can stop a person from doing Kingdom work.

Praying for you D!

Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Thread Information