cure-real
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama Apologizes to Muslims Over Koran Burnings While US Servicemen Get Murdered

Re: Obama Apologizes to Muslims Over Koran Burnings While US Servicemen Get Murdered

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
    In fact, we can't even expect him to be a good golfer...even though he's had waaaaaay more practice than most.
    OK, that was funny!

Re: Obama Apologizes to Muslims Over Koran Burnings While US Servicemen Get Murdered

OK, is it just me or do Muslims just need to get over themselves as far Koran burnings go? I mean it just seems so ridiculous to react this way when a Koran gets burnt, especially since this was apparently an accident.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Tension View Post
    OK, is it just me or do Muslims just need to get over themselves as far Koran burnings go? I mean it just seems so ridiculous to react this way when a Koran gets burnt, especially since this was apparently an accident.
    any excusse for bloodshed.

Blog Entries

An excerpt from an article related to the burnings:

Gen. John R. Allen, the NATO commanding general in Afghanistan, and President Obama both apologized in the wake of the demonstrations.

But in its statement Friday, the Ulema Council condemned the burning, said no apology would be enough to forgive the desecrations of the Koran and asked for guarantees that religious texts would never be dishonored again.

“The council strongly condemns this inhuman, bad and barbaric act by American forces based at Bagram Military Base and emphasizes that this devilish action cannot be forgiven by apologizing,” Maulawi Mohammad Said, a member of the council, said in a statement read to Mr. Karzai, according to the palace. “The perpetrators of this crime should be put on a public trial as soon as possible and be punished, and both NATO and the United States should guarantee that in the future no one will dare to desecrate Muslim religious materials.”

This is typical of the mindset in Muslim fanaticism. A burning of Korans is "inhuman, bad, and barbaric," and apologies are futile: justice must be swift and sure! Yet, there is not a hint of the wrongness of murdering six people who were completely innocent of involvement in the incident. Perspective is a strange thing.

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner55 View Post
    An excerpt from an article related to the burnings:

Gen. John R. Allen, the NATO commanding general in Afghanistan, and President Obama both apologized in the wake of the demonstrations.

But in its statement Friday, the Ulema Council condemned the burning, said no apology would be enough to forgive the desecrations of the Koran and asked for guarantees that religious texts would never be dishonored again.

“The council strongly condemns this inhuman, bad and barbaric act by American forces based at Bagram Military Base and emphasizes that this devilish action cannot be forgiven by apologizing,” Maulawi Mohammad Said, a member of the council, said in a statement read to Mr. Karzai, according to the palace. “The perpetrators of this crime should be put on a public trial as soon as possible and be punished, and both NATO and the United States should guarantee that in the future no one will dare to desecrate Muslim religious materials.”

This is typical of the mindset in Muslim fanaticism. A burning of Korans is "inhuman, bad, and barbaric," and apologies are futile: justice must be swift and sure! Yet, there is not a hint of the wrongness of murdering six people who were completely innocent of involvement in the incident. Perspective is a strange thing.
    God says in Torah an eye for and eye, but radical muslims say mass murder for an insult, and the appeaser in chief apologizes to this ilk.

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Blog Entries

What is being completely forgotten here is that Islam / Muslims have declared war on America. Any chance or opprotunity these Muslims have to exploit American acts of nation building, they can and will turn against us. Being at war with America the Muslims have only ONE rule of engagement and that rule is to kill Americans with no respect to persons. Soldiers, women, children are all viewed in the same light in the eyes of the jihadist warriors. Wars are won in body counts and damage not by apologizing to the enemy and tieing the hands of our warriors to their backs and rendering them militarily impotent. As long as the mindset presists that this nation of jihadists can be bought off with trinkets and schools or pacified with apologies America will lose this war with Islam and lose badly. - - - - Dravenhawk
    Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the people than a standing army -- Thomas Jefferson.

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic -- Benjamin Franklin.

"Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again" -- Unknown author. -- >> Psa. 109:8 Let his days be few, And let another take his office.

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenhawk View Post
    What is being completely forgotten here is that Islam / Muslims have declared war on America.
    And Obummer is apparently on their side.
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

That pretty much says it all. Sheesh.

Blog Entries

Yet where is his outcry when they burn Bibles and kill Christians?
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

The ignorance and hatred in this thread astonishes and saddens me. I guess it isn't a surprise that some despise what they see of Christianity today.

What happened was wrong and an apology was in order. Was it an accident? Yes. Does that make an apology unnecessary? No. Didn't anyone here learn manners as a kid? Whether or not the other person apologizes for doing something wrong does not make it right to not apologize for something you did wrong. Were the killings deplorable? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that the Koran burning was wrong. If anyone would stop and think about this for a second, rather than getting swept up in the emotion and propaganda, they would realize Obama apologized because what happened was wrong and an apology was in order. Also, he apologized because not apologizing or saying we were in the right to burn these books (which we weren't) would have likely led to the deaths of even more servicemen and women (and others). I don't care who you are or what the book is, burning a book is wrong, especially a religious text.

Also, all of Islam has not declared war on America. Some Muslims have, but that doesn't mean the entire religion has. Saying something like this is as bad as the anti-Semitic propaganda put out by the Nazis while the Holocaust was going on. We are supposed to love everyone, not hate them because someone who happens to claim to be a member of the same religion half a world away decides to hate Americans. Christians have done plenty of horrible things throughout history. If judging an entire sect of people based on the actions of a few (or even a majority) is the right thing to do and an accurate thing to do, then those who are anti-Christian are just as right as this anti-Islam rhetoric is.

It's the trail of tears, black bigotry, and Japanese internment camps all over again. I guess history is bound to repeat itself; if only people would learn from history and make the future better and brighter than those blights upon our past.

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDunn View Post
    The ignorance and hatred in this thread astonishes and saddens me.
    Nice job.

It's the trail of tears, black bigotry, and Japanese internment camps all over again.
    Ummmmm, ok.

Doesn't change the fact that some (sorry, I didn't add this word in my last post) Muslims need to get over themselves when it comes to the burning of the Koran, accidentally or otherwise. Keep in mind, this would go for Christians also if there was a reaction like this for burning a Bible (although I can't recall a time recently where Christians killed someone for burning a Bible).

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Tension View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that some (sorry, I didn't add this word in my last post) Muslims need to get over themselves when it comes to the burning of the Koran, accidentally or otherwise. Keep in mind, this would go for Christians also if there was a reaction like this for burning a Bible (although I can't recall a time recently where Christians killed someone for burning a Bible).
    I agree with this. I don't agree with their reactions, the protests, or any of that either. What I was trying to point out was the fact that the improper and violent reactions of some Muslims to this burning does not make the burnings ok, Obama's apology any less required by proper manners, or mean that all Muslims agree with the violence, as some (and I'm not pointing to anyone in particular here) would suggest.

What I was trying to point out was the fact that the improper and violent reactions of some Muslims to this burning does not make the burnings ok
    I think the burnings were ok. Those Korans weren't burnt out of religious hatred. They were burnt because they were being used by terrorist to communicate in code. They desecrated those holy books when they did that. Why is no one talking about this?
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

Some people have been bringing that point up since this whole thing started. From what I understand the proper way to dispose of these "desecrated" books according to Muslim law is to....you guessed it....burn them. Which is exactly what we did.

I see the whole thing as nothing more than a thin and very weak excuse for those who murdered and rioted. An excuse that they were obviously waiting for.
    Last edited by BrianW; Mar 6th 2012 at 07:56 PM.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Thread Information