cure-real

Thread: Getting into Heaven Bible versions

Getting into Heaven Bible versions

Hey,

I was wondering which bible versions explain how to get into heaven. For example there is a site with specific versions on how to get into heaven, but im not sure how to apply it to modern day.

If you could list the meaning of each verse and modern day things one could do accomplish each verse. I would appreciate it thanks.

John 3:16 ESV / 78 helpful votes

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6 ESV / 59 helpful votes

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV / 58 helpful votes

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 10:9 ESV / 54 helpful votes

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 3:23 ESV / 25 helpful votes

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Re: Getting into Heaven Bible versions

Quote Originally Posted by john316 View Post
    Hey,

I was wondering which bible versions explain how to get into heaven. For example there is a site with specific versions on how to get into heaven, but im not sure how to apply it to modern day.

If you could list the meaning of each verse and modern day things one could do accomplish each verse. I would appreciate it thanks.

John 3:16 ESV / 78 helpful votes

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:6 ESV / 59 helpful votes

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV / 58 helpful votes

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 10:9 ESV / 54 helpful votes

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 3:23 ESV / 25 helpful votes

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    Rev 5:10

(15 characters)

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

I simply want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection. Heaven? That is wherever He is.

W
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Probably shouldn't leave these verses out, though.

Acts 22:16 16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.'

Acts 38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 3:27 .27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 4:5 .4 There is one body and one Spirit---just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call---5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Colossians 2:12 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.

I Peter 3: 20 because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

1John 5:1 Everyone that believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone that loves Him that begot also loves him that is begotten of Him.

Rom 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Thread Information