cure-real
Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinning as a Christian = sinner?

Re: Sinning as a Christian = sinner?

Colight,
    I am dead. I was crucified with Christ. Read Romans 6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PJW View Post
    "Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him neither known Him." (I Jo3:6)
    "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous." (I Jo 3:7)
    "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." (I Jo 3:8)
    "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.( I Jo 3:9)
    "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. ( I Jo 3:10)
    I am born of God. I don't commit sin, I can't because His seed remaineth in me.
    A side note, call it extra credit..
    If you was to know your wife in you current state and she would bear a child would that child be sin less, since you are in a sinless state when you knew her? Remember that the sin of Adam passes thru the male genes.

Blog Entries

Colight,
    I am dead. I was crucified with Christ. Read Romans 6.
    Sorry telling me to read some passage is a cop out..

Christ took time to even tell stories of learning if a subject was confusing, he did not just say "read the law "and walk off.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

I don't commit sin, I can't because His seed remaineth in me.
    1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

If we say we have no sin, but have sin, we lie and do not the truth. But if we don't sin, it is the truth.
    I walk in the light . I can say his blood has washed away all my sin.
    I am born of God. I cannot sin because His seed remaineth in me.

Colight, post 393,
    Jesus taught in parables, so here is mine.
    A man bought a used car. It was black. It was dented and rusty so the man took it to a body shop, The shop stripped the paint and repaired the rust and the dents, and painted it white. When he got the car home, he told his neighbor it was a white car, but the neighbor kept saying it was black, and could never be white.

Blog Entries

Colight, post 393,
    A man bought a used car. It was black. It was dented and rusty so the man took it to a body shop, The shop stripped the paint and repaired the rust and the dents, and painted it white. When he got the car home, he told his neighbor it was a white car, but the neighbor kept saying it was black, and could never be white.
    Paint coats can be changed, yet your genetic make up can not..

You are the seed of Adam.
    Therefore you sin.

It's too bad that you can't believe that God has the power to do what He wants. He wants us to obey Him. He has made away to be re-born. He has made a way to resist temptation. He has made a way to walk in the light where there is no sin.
    I am a branch of the vine that is Jesus. I can't bring forth evil fruit.

Blog Entries

It's too bad that you can't believe that God has the power to do what He wants. He wants us to obey Him. He has made away to be re-born. He has made a way to resist temptation. He has made a way to walk in the light where there is no sin.
    If you had a child, would it have a sin nature?
    Or would it be perfect as Christ was?
    Genetically you are a sinner, you can not deny what you really are..

However God made a way to handle sin, that being 1 John 1:9... Confess it to God.
    Why would we need to confess if we was sinless?

PJW,

No one is trying to pick on you but you just LIED a few posts back...it's not "theory"...you are a sinner, just like the rest of us. I'll try and not post on this again as I suspect you have other issues besides faulty logic. People here care about you and others and that is why we are trying to get you to understand where you are going wrong with God. Anyway, I've got to go to work. God bless.

Blog Entries

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

PJW... see the scriptures below in what Jesus tells us... He knows we'll sin due to our flesh after coming into Him. So Jesus gave us this prayer and instructions about applying these scripture (both Mt 6:14-15 and James 5:16). We are to forgive a Christian or ANYONE of trespasses when they do trespass and confess, actually even when they don't confess. When they do however, God wants to heal them so He tells the righteous to pray, GOOD fruit. NOT TELL THEM THEY ARE NO LONGER A CHRISTIAN like you claim that you would do... BAD fruit!

All you have done so far in this thread is say that a Christian who trespasses... isn NO LONGER a Christian. That's not good and 1 John 1:8 explains why you say what you do in both saying you have no sin and in that you will tell a Christian who trespasses, that they are NO LONGER a Christian.

Matthew 6:8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
    Hallowed be Your name.
    10 Your kingdom come.
    Your will be done
    On earth as it is in heaven.
    11 Give us this day our daily bread.
    12 And forgive us our debts,
    As we forgive our debtors.
    13 And do not lead us into temptation,
    But deliver us from the evil one.
    For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.[c]

14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses[a] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

Blog Entries

If we say we have no sin, but have sin, we lie and do not the truth. But if we don't sin, it is the truth.
    I walk in the light . I can say his blood has washed away all my sin.
    I am born of God. I cannot sin because His seed remaineth in me.
    Your biggest contention is that a man who calls himself a Christian "can" sin. That's true but a real Christian won't sin. People with the mind of Christ don't fall for deception.

Post #344

You said earlier that a believer can sin but would not.

Which is it?

Also, I am not a non-sinner. I don't identify myself by sin or lack thereof. I don't understand anyone who would.

I am a saint, a citizen of the Kingdom of God. I identify myself by Jesus. My identity is in Him, by Him, and of Him.

I also don't understand what you mean by "true Christian"?

There's only saints and people within the Kingdom ... and people without.

Nobody here is denying that Christ cleanses us of our sins. In your parable it would be more accurate if you were trying to convince your neighbor that this car will never get dirty or rust again because you got it fixed up and he didn't buy it. Just like with the car, we are capable of becoming corrupt again, and it's through constant commitment to Christ (maintenance if you will) that we are refreshed.

Blog Entries

Another consideration also, a Christian who claims they are sinless, have they tamed their tongue?

Any Christian who says they are sinless must have tamed their tongue... yet the Bible tells us that this is not possible.

Something to consider when "saying" you are sinless and calling a brother/sister in Christ a... non-Christian due to a single sin.

James 3:1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. 2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. 3 Indeed,[a] we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. 4 Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. 5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.

See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.

In this thread alone the curse we listen to is that if a Christian does one single sin... "they are NO LONGER a Christian", we've now listened to this "curse" from a person's tongue spoken many, many times.

Look at v2 as well... WE (Christians)... stumble in many things. Then James informs us the "IF" statement about "if" a person doesn't stumble in word... Then goes on later to tell us that the tongue can't be tamed. That is why it's an "if" statement. Not a "when" statement and then going on to tell us that the tongue CAN BE tamed.

It can't be and James is telling us why we stumble.

Lie's have been spoken in this thread, by the one who says they are sinless (noted by several posts)... the tongue betrays us and if we're also deceived... that gives freedom to the tongue to speak curses freely, as we've also seen throughout this thread.

Smell the fruit... it stinks.
    Slug1--out

Colight post399,
    If you confess your sins, and God cleanses you of all unrighteousness, can't you say "I have no sin"? Or, do you say, "though God has cleansed me of all my sin, I still have some that wasn't cleansed"?

Thread Information