cure-real
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Sinning as a Christian = sinner?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Sinning as a Christian = sinner?

Quote Originally Posted by PJW View Post
    You have said I am lying and deceived because I say that man, and I, can live without sin, and then you use I Jo 1:8 , without seeing 1 Jo 1:5-7 in your "context".
    Those walking in the light have had their sins cleansed. It's all gone, and it's up to them to maintain the sinfree state that God has allowed them to manifest.
    Sorry... it's clear you will not accept proper context then.

I've walked with you for much longer then a 2nd mile.

All I will ask is that you pray when you read ALL of 1 John 1:5-10. When you play leap-frog with scriptures and only look at random ones then ANY context can be developed and actually believed.

You have to take all of the scriptures... divide them with others for meaning according to God's truth.

God Bless you.

Unsubscribing.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

I guess that you finally believe that I live without sin. Seeing as you asked me to pray, and God's Word say, "Now we know that God heareth NOT sinners:" (Jo 9:31)

Ace post 483,
    You need to cite which scripture you don't see as I do. (I'm thinking Romans 6)
    If a man is sorry for a sin, he won't do it again. If he does it again it shows he was not sorry. Same for repentance.
    Jesus said, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." Free of what, the Jews asked. "Verily,verily,I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." Jo 8:32-34) Jesus says the truth will save you from servitude to sin.
    Do you have a scripture for "...God wiped away evil thoughts from their mind when they died"?
    If everyman shall be judged for his deeds on earth, your statement makes no sense.
    Obedience to God is the pathway to heaven. Jesus is the door, and those in Christ will follow Jesus.
    Now I have a question for you. How does a man "get in Christ"? You must use scripture .
    Why should I? People have already thrown scripture at you and you've ignored it. I've asked asked you 2 questions and you've ignored them. And even if I did send you verses you would just throw mis-quoted verses back at me. I'm not trying to sound rude but your not willing to listen to any body here.

Yes God judges us. There will be a judgment day for both our good deeds and bad deeds. He will judge us from THIS body, this body is not dead like you say it is.

Christians do not follow flesh they follow Christ however they are still in the flesh that Adam is in. Which means we still make mistakes, when he says don't follow flesh he means people for they are sin and will lead you to sin. FOLLOW HIM is what he's saying and he will lead you away from it. BUT we do some times take our eyes of him and go away and make mistakes that does not mean he will not forgive you like you say. The grace of God is not a one time thing his grace will last forever. I have felt the holy spirit work in me. He works to get me away from sin but I am still in this evil body which Adam ate the fruit in. So I will always sin and God will always forgive me if i'm sorry and try to turn away from sin. That does not mean I will never do it again but my intent is to never do it again\

You act like you are perfect. which is a sin. You have lied on here. which is a sin. Please stop you are not sinless. None of us are. Little things are sin too. Getting mad at some one when your in traffic, seeing a bad commercial on TV. The world is full of sin it is impossible to keep our eyes on Christ at all times.

"For the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23 So i guess your never going to die. right? Because you don't sin?

I guess that you finally believe that I live without sin.
    Do you choose which posts to reply to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    "PJ", are you open to good counsel? What Slug1 is teaching is 100% accurate.

...you're missing the fact that life is a constant walk, and we're always in danger of deception, sin, and falling. When Paul talks to his followers, he is encouraging them towards God, towards righteousness, and towards continued salvation.

What do you encourage in others, "PJ"?

Quote Originally Posted by PJW
    How about Jude, is he deceived?
    "Now unto Him that is able to KEEP YOU FROM FALLING, and to present you FAULTLESS before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy. (Jude 1:24)
    God is able --- but what is the other side of that?

"You, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life." Jude20-21.

Keep yourselves in His love. As opposed to WHAT? What else is there? Falling into SIN!

Look at this:

"These things happened as examples for us, that we should not crave evil things. Do not be idolaters... nor let us act immorally as some of them did... Do not grumble, as some did and were destroyed. These things happened as an example, and were written out for our instruction...

THEREFORE let he who thinks he stands take heed, lest he fall.
    For no temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it." 1Cor10:6-13

Do not crave evil things. Do not be idolaters. Do not act immorally. Do you see ANYTHING of "Sin-is-no-longer-a-danger" in that? This passage is absolute, and fits with what Slug1 and everyone else has been saying.

Will you receive it? Are you open to good Scripture-backed counsel? Let he who thinks he STANDS take heed lest he fall --- fall where, "PJ"?

Fall into SIN. And that's where you are right now, thinking you stand. Where do you need to strengthen yourself? No one wants to fall; but only by being strong in the face of weakness, can we prevent breaking.

Where are you weak, "PJ"? As I showed in the summary on all of Hebrews, sin is a constant danger for us. And we just proved it here too, with 1Cor10. Don't crave evil things, don't be idolaters, don't be immoral.

Don't sin.

Look at what Paul said:

"Do not grumble ...that you may prove yourselves blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may have cause to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain over you." Philip2:14-16.

Paul judged his own success in terms of how his followers persevered in faith, rather than in sin.

Whaddya think? It's rock-solid, isn't it?
    Are you willing to just tear these passages out of your copy?

Seeing as you asked me to pray, and God's Word say, "Now we know that God heareth NOT sinners:" (Jo 9:31)

"We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him." John9:31

In no way does this promote "perfect sinlessness". The concept (see 1Jn3), is practicing sin.

Now --- what will you do with 1Cor10:6-13?

Ignore it? Blot it out?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

I guess that you finally believe that I live without sin. Seeing as you asked me to pray, and God's Word say, "Now we know that God heareth NOT sinners:" (Jo 9:31)
    DUDE!!

So much for doing things my way.

Testimony time... short one, bear with me. I drove down to the river to pray, I do this a few times a week. While I was about to pray, God brought the tax collector and the Pharisee to my spirit. So I asked God why?

He then asked me if "He" had told me that the 2nd mile was completed yet?

I have to admit, I made that decision based on my feelings, not God's leading...

But the tax collector and the Pharisee... why remind me of those two?

So, in checking in on your latest post, I understand now!

End of the testimony.

PJW... the belief you have from John 9:31... can it be divided with Luke 18:9-14 the way you say that a "sinner" cannot be heard by God?

Besides... I never said you are "A" sinner. The Bible tells us that anyone who says they HAVE NO sin... is deceived. Your belief is based on decipt. Someone has deceived you into believing that you HAVE NO sin. All you are doing is resisting sin by the POWER of Jesus who is in you and by practicing all He's told you to do. Rememer, you picked #1 as an answer but you continue to claim #2.... what is your TRUE choice?

Through Jesus, or because you have no sin??

Now, the dude in Luke says he's a sinner, yet he's heard by God.

That don't mesh with your understanding of God's Truth.

You have what "you" believe is to be true (God is deaf to sinners) and we have God's REAL truth and by an example... hears the cries of a sinner and the sinner is JUSTIFIED before God prior to his going home.

So here is some more division of scripture you can accept or ignore.

I also have to believe this... maybe what is put forth in this thread isn't for you because you simply will not accept counsel and the truth of God's Word and based on 1 John 1:8 & 10... this is what is happening since you are what those two scriptures warn us about.

But that guest reader, or the silent member who is reading through this thread... I believe God is helping them through all the counsel and teaching you have been receiving.

So, I continue due to the fact God said to continue.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Good testimony! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Through Jesus, or because you have no sin??
    Even if he affirms "it's through God", it would be a self-defeating position. Whoever subscribed to such an impossible ideal as "sinlessness", could be nothing but discouraged by failure.

This is not to promote an alternative of "license", that is overlooking sin and not pursuing righteousness. But we pursue righteousness by pursuing God, recognizing that when we sin it is not God who has failed us, but we have moved away from God.

Hence, as we just discussed --- "God is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless" --- but this must coexist in the context of "build yourselves in faith and keep yourselves in His love".

Make sense?

Now you've lied again. You lied earlier in the thread and we saw it and now you say that you don't sin...two lies in one thread. You are a sinner.

PJW ..... What debts, trespasses ... or more to the point, sins was Jesus referring to below when He instructed us on how to pray ?

Matthew 6:9-15

9Pray then like this:

“Our Father in heaven,
    hallowed be your name.
    10 Your kingdom come,
    your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
    11 Give us this day our daily bread,
    12 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
    13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

14For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Blog Entries

Well ... sometimes God just has people, where He has people. For His own reasons, and for their protection.

I'm good with that.

PJW ... peace out.

Ace,
    If Christians follow Christ and not flesh, why would they satisfy the flesh? It means they are not following Christ, doesn't it?
    Why don't you call those "mistakes" their real name? Sin.
    Jesus said, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (Jo 8:32, 34) Jesus said the truth will free you from servitude to sin. I believe that. Why don"t you?
    My "evil body" was crucified with Christ. "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin." (Ro 6:6)
    I have not lied. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. Sin. Why does the devil have ANY power in your life. he has none in my life.
    It is only impossible to keep your eyes on Christ all the time if you don't love Him. If you realized what He has done for you, why would you forsake Him? The only people who sin are those that are servants of sin.
    "The wages of sin is death". Paul also wrote, "Some men's sins are opened beforehand, going before to judgement; and some men they follow after." I have been judged for my sins, and the penalty was death. If you don't put your body to death now, you will suffer the second death. I am dead, to sin, to everything of this earth. I will live with Jesus forever, because He made a way to end the life lived in the flesh and to start living in the Spirit.
    If your repentance is real, you won't sin again. If it is real.

Slug1,
    The sum total of your "counsel" is that nobody can truelly serve God as He deserves.
    The people reading, and joining you, are the ones looking for justification for their sinful lives.
    People, there is a way to serve God without offending Him in the least.
    If you want to keep sinning, it's your choice, but you don't have to.
    The so-called Christian churches have chosen sin over obedience. God is coming back for a pure unstained church. Does that match your present situation?
    Jesus made a way to change from sinner to non-sinner. Otherwise, the Jewish faith would have been sufficient. They had their sacrifices for sin, and holy rites, but it wasn't enough for God, so He sent His Son to die for our past sins, so we could be re-born of an incorruptible seed, so we could walk in the light as Jesus is in the light. Free of the devil and it's malicious hate.
    Repent. That means, turn from, or change. Turn from sin. Change from a sinner to a non-sinner. Change from a self lover to a lover of God.
    Ace, the way to "get in Christ", is to be baptized into Christ. (Ro 6:3)

Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    Who or what is your faith in? That's the question.

Your power to stay sinless? Or God's power to keep you filled with His own life after He saved you and raised you from the dead?

Maybe instead of living your life in fear that if you step a toe out of line, you'll be cast away ... you live life by faith in Jesus' faithfulness to you, rather than your faithfulness to Him?

Just a suggestion ... [/FONT][/COLOR]
    EXACTLY ! One cannot appreciate the wondrous love and mercy of our Saviour, Lord and God without first understanding His faithfulness to us. God's love is greater than our weakness .... and His precious sacrifice covers our multitude of sins. It goes without saying that those who love Him earnestly try their best to please Him. But I am humbled and deeply grateful that it is by my faith in Christ by which I am declared righteous in His sight .... and not by any works or effort of my own accord. Whom the Son sets free is free indeed

RLG post 548
    The Lords prayer, like all of Jesus' prayers, was answered.
    His name is hallowed.
    His kingdom is come.
    He promised us everything we need to keep going.
    He made a way to have my sins washed away with His own blood, in baptism.
    God tempts no man.
    And if you won't forgive, you will not be forgiven.

RLG post 552,
    If you are free, are you free from sin? The truth will set you free from servitude to sin. (Jo 8:32,34)

Slug1,
    The sum total of your "counsel" is that nobody can truelly serve God as He deserves.
    The people reading, and joining you, are the ones looking for justification for their sinful lives.
    People, there is a way to serve God without offending Him in the least.
    If you want to keep sinning, it's your choice, but you don't have to.
    The so-called Christian churches have chosen sin over obedience. God is coming back for a pure unstained church. Does that match your present situation?
    Jesus made a way to change from sinner to non-sinner. Otherwise, the Jewish faith would have been sufficient. They had their sacrifices for sin, and holy rites, but it wasn't enough for God, so He sent His Son to die for our past sins, so we could be re-born of an incorruptible seed, so we could walk in the light as Jesus is in the light. Free of the devil and it's malicious hate.
    Repent. That means, turn from, or change. Turn from sin. Change from a sinner to a non-sinner. Change from a self lover to a lover of God.
    Ace, the way to "get in Christ", is to be baptized into Christ. (Ro 6:3)
    The thing is not that it wasn't enough for God (the old convenant).
    It's that it never worked because people didn't actually willingly appreciate what God was doing.
    Neither did it stop them from sinning. Repent was commanded from a firey torando and from a terror that protected Israel on all sides destroying any adversary that got near. Repent and be saved that is old testament knowledge. But be saved from what ? From dying a untimely death.

Jesus was sent to be our savior (those who believe in him) through faith.
    It is not your lack on sin that saves your eternal soul.
    The lack of sin is to heal the world.
    You may be dead to sin but for what purpose ?
    Only to benifit your position in the world that is now.
    So that you might be a disciple /apostle and bear fruit according to the vine of Jesus.
    Yea noone who is sinning is representing Jesus or serving him.
    But it is not our sinlessness that gives us eternal life after all.
    Our sinlessness allows us to represent Christ to others who do not have him.
    And when we are not actively doing that then guess what we are doing ?

ps:sorry for jumping in on your reply to slug

Thread Information