cure-real
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can A Person Be A Christian And A Sinner At The Same Time ?

Can A Person Be A Christian And A Sinner At The Same Time ?

What's the difference in a Christian sinning and a sinner sinning ?
    SUPPORT ANIMAL RESCUE !!!

Re: Can A Person Be A Christian And A Sinner At The Same Time ?

Quote Originally Posted by HollyRock View Post
    Christians dont like doing it, but sinners love it.

Jesus.

In the OT, the high priest offered up sacrifice for sin. In the NT we have a high priest who intercedes for us. Maybe it's not about our sins, but about how we are forgiven?

If you truly are a follower of Christ Jesus - a Christian - then you will be chastized for your sin. The overwhelming clamp on your heart - the guilt that is almost an illness in your heart - will overcome you. If you are not a Christian, you will rationalize your behavior as just another day and will do it again.

When God chastizes you, you know you belong to Him. If you are not chastized, that is a good sign that you need to search your heart.

Blog Entries

As a Christian we should hate sin because it interfere's with our relationship with God. When we understand what Jesus had to go through to free us from sin, the thought of continuing in sin seems like an utter rejection of His precious gift. Instead of living habitually in sin,we will cry out to God for His help to overcome.We will not make excuses for our sin, but acknowledge that it is disobedience. Christ's commands will not be burdensome to us, for we will rejoice in the freedom they give us! As a Christian we grow in obedience. We can look back to last year and see sins that we are no longer bound to! We are being changed from gory to glory! Hallelujah!! Praise God!!

A sinner stays stuck in bondage, sin being their master.On the whole,they are happy in their sin and don't want to change.They need a revelation of Christ before they will understand how awful sin is.

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

The differance between a sinner and a "supposed" Christian sinning is ....nothing. They both do what they want and not what God commands. They are both still "stuck in bondage".
    Paul wrote, "For the wages of sin is death;" (Ro 6:23), but he also wrote, "Some men's sins are opened beforehand, going before to judgement; (death) and some men they follow after." (I Tim 5:24) We can have the flesh put to death before it is too late. Read Romans chapter 6 and see how the flesh is crucified with Christ and you are reborn as one who is dead to sin, but alive unto God. Start a walk in the Spirit. "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." (Gal 5:24-25)
    May God guide your steps.

All Christians are sinners. Not all sinners are Christian.

I copied and pasted this from another thread on this board.
    http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...66#post2817166

Man oh man, I really pig-out at christmas and thanksgiving dinners, an I do mean "really" pig-out too ! (I just made myself hungry)
    Does that mean I am a gluten ?
    Unless I am living/getting out of bed to eat, then no.
    Guess what folks, glutens are on our bibles short list of those who will in no way enter the Kingdom of Heaven, figure that one out.

I lied of my age just yesterday, does that mean I am a liar ?
    Unless I am living/getting out of bed to lie, or if I am making a daily living or function daily with lies, then no.
    Guess what folks, liars are on our bibles short list of those who will in no way enter the Kingdom of Heaven, figure that one out.

I killed men when I was in the military, does that mean I am a murderer ?
    Unless I am living/getting out of bed to kill other men with out my government's sanction, or unless I premeditate/lay in wait/set traps to kill them, then no.
    Guess what folks, murderers are on our bibles short list of those who will in no way enter the Kingdom of Heaven, figure that one out.

Abraham lied to Pharaoh and to Pharaohs's chiefs, but Abraham did not live or function daily by practicing lies.
    David murdered and committed adultery too, but David did not live or function daily by practicing murder and adultery.
    Peter forsook and denied Jesus (Three times in one night), but Peter did not continue living day by day practicing forsaking and denying His Lord, High-Priest and King.

Saul of Tarsus delivered christains to the Sanhedrin to be flogged, ridiculed and then murdered, and he held the coats for those men while they stoned Steven to death. But Christ chose him Saul to be Paul an apostle. Go figure that one out...
    And these examples are our "biblical" patriarchs folks, and the list goes on and on and on and on...

Could it be that Jesus and His Father know our heart's motives, and we can only assume our heart's motives and our fellows heart's motives ?

Jesus and His Father both made it extremely clear to me that we all sin still and also that there will not be one righteous man when Christ returns to claim what He redeemed.
    Jesus says that even if we allow a single temptation to enter our mind, we sin !
    His Father says that if a man claims that he has no sin in himself, then that man calls God a liar !

Father bless those who look to you, but have mercy on all of us to glorify your name.

When a christian sins, conviction comes upon them, and they will repent of that sin(s). A sinner will not repent of that sin, but rather, enjoy doing it. We sin, but we don't enjoy doing it when we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Galatians 2:21 View Post
    When a christian sins, conviction comes upon them, and they will repent of that sin(s). A sinner will not repent of that sin, but rather, enjoy doing it. We sin, but we don't enjoy doing it when we do.
    None of that is 100 percent accurate.

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Christians dont like doing it, but sinners love it.
    Yep. That's the difference.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Notice that Paul is talking to believers here and he indicates that if a believer gives in to "the lust of the flesh" then it results in not doing "the things that ye would". It results in not doing the things you wanted to do in obedience to Christ, in other words. And a believer will feel remorse for what he or she did. But if a sinner/unbeliever sins it's exactly what they wanted to do and they have no remorse for it.

Nothing...

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Sin is the transgression of God's law. The penalty is the same...

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

No difference in sinning. The difference is what a sinner does and what a Christian does after sinning...

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Unless repented of, the penalty is enacted and death is the result. Repentance and conversion brings about grace, unmerited pardon for us because Christ died in our stead to pay the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Galatians 2:21 View Post
    Don't try to kid me, Christians enjoy sin. If it was repulsive one would not do it...

Heb 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

Paul wrote a section in Romans about this...

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
    Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
    Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
    Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
    Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
    Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

In fact, if you carefully study Romans, you will find that is the theme of Romans.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PJW View Post
    The differance between a sinner and a "supposed" Christian sinning is ....nothing. They both do what they want and not what God commands. They are both still "stuck in bondage".
    Paul wrote, "For the wages of sin is death;" (Ro 6:23), but he also wrote, "Some men's sins are opened beforehand, going before to judgement; (death) and some men they follow after." (I Tim 5:24) We can have the flesh put to death before it is too late. Read Romans chapter 6 and see how the flesh is crucified with Christ and you are reborn as one who is dead to sin, but alive unto God. Start a walk in the Spirit. "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." (Gal 5:24-25)
    May God guide your steps.
    The question isn't about "supposed" Christian's who are sinning.

Do you agree that the Corinthians were Christians?

Do you agree that they were sinning due to their lack of discipleship?

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    If you truly are a follower of Christ Jesus - a Christian - then you will be chastized for your sin. The overwhelming clamp on your heart - the guilt that is almost an illness in your heart - will overcome you.
    That clamp isn't about guilt... it's about conviction for a Christian.

Doesn't mean that guilt "doesn't" fill the heart of a Christian because satan can work in the heart of a Christian who gives into the temptation he put before a Christian and the sinning gives him the legal right to pound a person with guilt. Guilt is used by satan to KEEP a person spiraling in commiseration, feeling unworthy, and the guilt is used to bring a Christian down. They are EMBARRASSED to reveal the sin to others and the sin remains hidden and this gives the sin the authority to continue BINDING the person to the sinful action (they remain in bondage). Exposure of that sin (confession - James 5:16), is what will lead to the counseling and prayer needed. Guilt by satan prevents this exposure.

For many Christians, God does the exposing and thus the reason for scriptures and the process of one, then with witnesses, then before the church and if the person resists such exposure the church (leadership) can go to the point of removing a person from the congregation if they choose to remain in bondage to the sin. Prophets also come to people and expose sin that Christians may be doing as well.

The Holy Spirit CONVICTS a Christian who does sin, this pointing out of the sin is so the Christian is burdened by the need to REPENT of that sin. Conviction BUILDS up a person so they have the strength to also do embarrassing or fearful things like... CONFESS (James 5:16), attend a Faith Based Recovery Ministry, etc.

Some Christians resist this as they allow the guilt to overbear them and some even fall away as they remain turned toward their error.

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

Thread Information