cure-real

Thread: Putting it in God's hands.

Putting it in God's hands.

Whenever a crisis with another person arises, one of my mom's main philosophies is, if we can not take it, we put it in God's hands and ask Him to deal with it, or let Him handle it.

Anyone have any comment on this?

Re: Putting it in God's hands.

Good Morning Buster

This topic was on my mind the minute I awoke this morning. It seems most areas of my life, relationships,finances, family pretty much everything is always on the line where I have no choice but to put it in Gods hands and wait for Him to lead me. I cannot tell you how difficult I find this to be at times. It all comes down to trust. Of course I trust God, but I am constantly surprised at how much more he wants us to trust him. I like to think I trust Him entirely and then a situation will arise were I have to give it over to him-such as take a leap of faith financially, or personally that requires me to realize that I don't trust enough. The key here when it comes down to trusting when i don't understand or don't or it doesnt make sense at the time. I begin to act to soon. He allows us to be in situations that require us to lean on Him alone. It increases our faith and trust in Him. In my heart I only want what Gods will is for me, but understanding His will and leading can be very hard. I usually try to do all I can or should pertaining to the situation then let go of it and go on with my day (life). But, I usually stumble, in. fact always. LOL, It's really not funny but just writing it makes me see how silly I am. When I say stumble- I mean I worry and stress- try to solve things on my own when i know I can't, think of things that dont make sense,get upset even angry-instead of just praying and realizing that God loves me and has my life in His hands. When I am like this and pray the Holy Spirit does bring verses to me and I should just rest in Him and meditate on them and wait for the outcome. So he can show me His glory. Oh, God always comes through and taken care of me. But I do feel that life could be so much easier if I just waited on Him. We are truly His children.
    It took me along time to truly understand these verses:

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    And lean not on your own understanding
    In all your ways acknowledge him,
    And he will make your paths straight.”
    (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Matthew 6:33-34

New King James Version (NKJV)

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I have read these verses for years and thought I really knew what they meant until recently God has really had me study and take them literal in a way I never did before..

Instead of wanting things of this life so much. Truly seek what we are to do for God and desire that and He will take care of the rest. It actually takes practice, but ohh-the change in my life when I do is indescribable. It all started when I asked Him in plain words what exactly do these verses mean, and to give me the desire to seek His kingdom, because I don't think I had it. Praying for others, being content with what we have, loving God, finding pleasure just spending time in the Word and so on. I could write on and on but I have to go to work. I hope this helped you some. Ask Him to show you and He will. God Bless you and have a great day! I will check back later. Mary

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

It is much easier to put things in Abba's hands than it is to leave them there and not succumb to the urge to take them back!

blessings,

W

At least, that has been my experience!
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    Whenever a crisis with another person arises, one of my mom's main philosophies is, if we can not take it, we put it in God's hands and ask Him to deal with it, or let Him handle it.

It should always be in His hands regardless. We should always be seeking His will and His guidance, regardless of whether or not "we can take it".
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

99.9% of all prayers are answered by the actions of His servants.

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Carrie Underwood's song, Jesus Take the Wheel comes to mind...although that might oughta be our morning petition we make, right before we get outta bed!

W
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
    It is much easier to put things in Abba's hands than it is to leave them there and not succumb to the urge to take them back!
    Didn't they break up in the 80's?

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    99.9% of all prayers are answered by the actions of His servants.
    With respect that may sound good, and even though prayer is an action, I have to disagree unless can you back that claim up and show me?

Even if you meant ’99.9% of all answered prayers are through the actions of His servants’ I think would be a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post

That sounds good.

Thread Information