cure-real
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Breitbart -- A Great Beacon Has Died

Re: Andrew Breitbart -- A Great Beacon Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    He went to far with the name calling. However, it is still truthful to say that this 30 year old college student wanted society to provide her funds so she could have sexual relations. Her request is flat out crazy imo and that is what Rush was trying to show. He did a poor job of it and crossed the line.
    would you rather pay for her babies? and what about women who use birth control for medical reasons are they going to have to just suffer?

The left is going way too far in this kind of thinking. Rush should not have called her names but they are being hypocritical for trying to silence him. Have you looked at what the left called Sarah Palin? What Rush did pales in comparison, but that doesn't justify his words either.
    and what has the left called Sarah Palin? links please

Quote Originally Posted by the sound View Post
    would you rather pay for her babies?
    I don't want to pay for either. How about her dealing with her own consequences? You know, personal responsibility. Now, having said that, I am all for taking care of the kids. And yes, I would rather take care of her kids than be forced to sponsor her sex life.

You mean you really want me to provide for her financially so she can have sex? Really?

and what about women who use birth control for medical reasons are they going to have to just suffer?
    If the medication is needed for valid medical reasons, it generally is paid for by insurance.

I can't put such things up on this kind of web site. Just google things Bill Maher said about Sarah Palin. The language was horrible.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Now, having said that, I am all for taking care of the kids. And yes, I would rather take care of her kids than be forced to sponsor her sex life.

You mean you really want me to provide for her financially so she can have sex? Really?
    sure is a lot cheaper to pay for the pill then 18 years of food, housing and cloths.

I can't put such things up on this kind of web site. Just google things Bill Maher said about Sarah Palin. The language was horrible
    All I could find are ones of him basically calling her stupid, nowhere near as offensive as what Rush Limbaugh said about Sandra Fluke... I also don't think he ever demanded to watch a sex tape of her.

Another thing Bill Maher is far less accessible then Rush Limbaugh. Bill Maher is on a premium cable network Rush is on the radio... a lot more people hear his hate speech then even know bill Maher’s name.

so rush should be held to a higher standard.

sure is a lot cheaper to pay for the pill then 18 years of food, housing and cloths.
    So? You would rather me supply her with money so she can sin because it's cheaper? Really?

You would rather me supply her with money because she lacks self control now and her offspring will also lack self control? IOW, remove all consequences of her actions because it's cheaper.

All I could find are ones of him basically calling her stupid, nowhere near as offensive as what Rush Limbaugh said about Sandra Fluke... I also don't think he ever demanded to watch a sex tape of her.
    He called her a very offensive name and it's a name you would never hear over the public airwaves because there would be an FCC fine. You'll find it if you look hard enough.

Another thing Bill Maher is far less accessible then Rush Limbaugh. Bill Maher is on a premium cable network Rush is on the radio... a lot more people hear his hate speech then even know bill Maher’s name.
    Again... so what?

Ah... Because he's a right winger. Now I get it.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

So? You would rather me supply her with money so she can sin because it's cheaper? Really?
    She will do it anyways

You would rather me supply her with money because she lacks self-control now and her offspring will also lack self-control? IOW, remove all consequences of her actions because it's cheaper.
    You’ll be the one paying for her consequences so wouldn't you want the cheaper option?

He called her a very offensive name and it's a name you would never hear over the public airwaves because there would be an FCC fine. You'll find it if you look hard enough.
    Okay I am not calling you a liar but I cannot find this quote

Again... so what?
    Because it's free to hear his hate... minds you this isn't the 1st time rush Limbaugh have put his foot in his mouth.

Ah... Because he's a right winger. Now I get it.
    How did you get that from what I said? I think because he pollutes free public airwaves he should be held to a higher standard

But you do bring up a good point. Should someone who represents themselves as a conservative be asking a woman for a sex tape and degrading her on national radio?

it just makes me sad that he still has sponsores.
    Because of what he said or because he's a right wing talk radio host??

He admitted that what he said was wrong and apologized for it. She chose not to accept it. Her choice, her prerogative. I'm pretty sure that what Rush said wasn't the worst thing ever said on radio or t.v..

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Tension View Post
    Because of what he said or because he's a right wing talk radio host??

He admitted that what he said was wrong and apologized for it. She chose not to accept it. Her choice, her prerogative. I'm pretty sure that what Rush said wasn't the worst thing ever said on radio or t.v..
    let me ask you this... is it okay to degrade a woman? is it okay to ask her for a sex tape?

like i said before he only apologized when sponsores started pulling out... i don't think he feels bad at all.

You're kidding, right???

Another thing Bill Maher is far less accessible then Rush Limbaugh. Bill Maher is on a premium cable network Rush is on the radio... a lot more people hear his hate speech then even know bill Maherís name.

Maher is a left wing moonbat. Limbaugh is a right wing moonbat. Both are in the "entertainment" business. Why should one be held to a higher standard than the other???

You're kidding, right???

Maher is a left wing moonbat. Limbaugh is a right wing moonbat. Both are in the "entertainment" business. Why should one be held to a higher standard than the other???
    you have to pay money to get Maher's show Limbaugh is on free public air waves

let me ask you this... is it okay to degrade a woman? is it okay to ask her for a sex tape?
    No. But let me ask you this.......Was it ok for the LSM to call Palin stupid?? Yes, I realize different situations. As I said, he did go over the line, he admitted this.

like i said before he only apologized when sponsores started pulling out... i don't think he feels bad at all.
    According to Limbaugh, 3 dropped his show (IIRC). He also said that 3 others want to come on board. We could argue about who's telling the truth, but that would just turn into a peeing contest.

One thing to consider is the possibility that the sponsors who are "dropping" Rush are sponsors of the individual radio stations? In this case, the advertiser may well be saying to the station to remove them from the same time slot as Limbaugh. So Rush may have lost very little as far as sponsorship.

Does he feel bad about what he said? I'm sure he does, but that's just an opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Unless you can provide proof that he only apologized because he was "losing sponsors".

She degraded herself far more than he did by publicly asking for society to give her money so she could have sexual gratification.

Again, not defending Rush's statements here. But what she did to herself is far more degrading than anything Rush said, IMO.

So? If the left wanted a sincere apology, the best way to get one is to ignore it completely. Then if an apology is forthcoming we know it's sincere. But when you push for an apology, it traps one into being accused of insincerity. It goes with the territory. One can't KNOW it's sincere if one asks for it.
    NASU

So? What does that have to do with standards of decency? (It is treated differently by law and if that is what we are discussing, then the whole conversation changes. But if we are talking what is or is not decent by public standards, how does it matter if it is on radio or HBO?)
    NASU

Why pay for one type of crap when you can get another type of crap for free???

Seriously........again, to my question: Both are in the entertainment business. Why should one be held to a higher standard than another??? A bit of a double standard if you ask me.

Why pay for one type of crap when you can get another type of crap for free???

Seriously........again, to my question: Both are in the entertainment business. Why should one be held to a higher standard than another??? A bit of a double standard if you ask me.
    well in my opinion bill mahar is pretty funny. where as Limbaugh is just outragious.

So? What does that have to do with standards of decency? (It is treated differently by law and if that is what we are discussing, then the whole conversation changes. But if we are talking what is or is not decent by public standards, how does it matter if it is on radio or HBO?)
    Mahar calls Palin stupid because she has said stupid things that he disagrees with and the people pay money to hear it. Limbaugh degrades a woman on the radio where anyone can hear it...

Thread Information