cure-real
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Breitbart -- A Great Beacon Has Died

Re: Andrew Breitbart -- A Great Beacon Has Died

nevermind i posted to soon

Quote Originally Posted by the sound View Post
    okay I admittedly I feel like screaming right now because you guys have boxed me into a
    corner...
    You boxed yourself into the corner. Not us.

what I said had nothing to do with him being #1 spokesmen for the right, I just asked for brother mark to prove that the left is far worse than anything that has ever come out rush's mouth like he said they were....but you guys pick and choose what you wanted to answer until it became about something else but whatever just so you win right?
    The left is as guilty as the right when it comes to character hijacks. What they did to Sarah Palin was horrible.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

nevermind i posted to soon
    I did answer it. Here's what I said...

"So society should pay for you? Last time I checked, there are multiple ways to use birth control without using the pill and that are cheap.

It's not society's problem but the left would like to make it society's issue. Thing is, rights now have migrated from granted by our Creator to provided for by the government. We no longer have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Now we have the right to birth control? It's sad."

I'll say it another way. Your sex life is YOURS. It's not society's. Society doesn't OWE you anything when it comes to that. There are other ways to avoid getting pregnant that are not so expensive as birth control.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

okay I admittedly I feel like screaming right now because you guys have boxed me into a corner... what I said had nothing to do with him being #1 spokesmen for the right, I just asked for brother mark to prove that the left is far worse than anything that has ever come out rush's mouth like he said they were....but you guys pick and choose what you wanted to answer until it became about something else but whatever just so you win right?
    OK, just calm down. Remember, you implied that Rush was the #1 spokes person for the right. Also, I didn't say the left has said worse things. Concerning what Limbaugh said, I posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Tension View Post
    I'm pretty sure that what Rush said wasn't the worst thing ever said on radio or t.v..
    I'm (nor Brother Mark) not condoning in any way, shape or form what Rush said. We've said that he was wrong.

Now, you said we pick and choose what questions we answer. However, I don't believe you've answered this question:

Both are in the entertainment business. Why should one be held to a higher standard than the other???
    IMHO, the free radio vs. paid tv argument doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    You boxed yourself into the corner. Not us.

no you guys twisted things to makes this about something else, I never once said the right is full of hate filled wind bags but you made a generalization about the left based on one person I asked you for quotes you refused I couldn't find so I stuck up for him... you refused again and then you began to demonize me as some sort of small minded conservative hater when I at no point ever stooped to your level then you produce your link and continue to throw low blows...

Look I am just talking about Limbaugh not all conservatives you are bad mouthing the entire left and then just pin point me and bill Maher.

The left is as guilty as the right when it comes to character hijacks. What they did to Sarah Palin was horrible.
    you mean Bill Mahar not the whole left

if Mahar had degraded her i would be saying the same thing about him.
    Another thing. What about Ed Shultz on MSNBC? It's not a paid service like HBO and is included, like Fox News, in cable.

He called Laura Ingraham a slut... twice. Have you condemned him yet?

Funny thing though... the left driven media didn't make a big deal about it. They are not near as interested in the leftist being held to the same standard that the right is held to.
    NASU

I did answer it. Here's what I said...

"So society should pay for you? Last time I checked, there are multiple ways to use birth control without using the pill and that are cheap.

It's not society's problem but the left would like to make it society's issue. Thing is, rights now have migrated from granted by our Creator to provided for by the government. We no longer have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Now we have the right to birth control? It's sad."

I'll say it another way. Your sex life is YOURS. It's not society's. Society doesn't OWE you anything when it comes to that. There are other ways to avoid getting pregnant that are not so expensive as birth control.
    then why can't homosexuals get married if there sex life is theres?

Um. No, he called her much worse than stupid. He used very graphic language of a woman body part.

You're OK with degrading Palin but not Fluke because one is free and the other is not? Interesting.

Here's a link where Maher tries to defend himself. WARNING, the link contains some foul language not suitable for everyone and is a direct quote of Maher.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...-i-dont-have-s

Just another example of double standards by the left.
    After watching that video and reading that article, I think both Maher in regard to Palin and Limbaugh in regard to Fluke were wrong in what they said. However, while there is no double standard, there is a different standard for public media and paid-for (in this case Cable) media. Many things go on on Cable TV shows (especially on channels like HBO and Starz) that would not be allowed on shows that air on free public channels (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, etc.). To claim there is the same standard across all entertainment is to fool yourself. Again, I don't agree with what Maher said any more than I do with what Limbaugh said, but on a Cable channel like that Maher also has the free-reign to say such things. When people tune to those channels they have paid for them and know what they are getting. Free media has a different expected standard; when people tune in to free, public media they expect certain things not to be said/done. For example, many songs have to be edited for radio in order to be allowed to air (i.e.- Ceelo Green's song "Forget You" and it's unedited counterpart). This is nothing new.

On a different note, Obama has no control over what "his" Super-Pac does and doesn't do with the money given to them.

no you guys twisted things to makes this about something else, I never once said the right is full of hate filled wind bags but you made a generalization about the left based on one person I asked you for quotes you refused I couldn't find so I stuck up for him... you refused again and then you began to demonize me as some sort of small minded conservative hater when I at no point ever stooped to your level then you produce your link and continue to throw low blows...
    I didn't twist your words about "#1 spokesman". I did say your politics was driving your belief system though and answers in this thread. And I'll stand by it.

Look I am just talking about Limbaugh not all conservatives you are bad mouthing the entire left and then just pin point me and bill Maher.

you mean Bill Mahar not the whole left
    I mean the whole left overlooks what people like Maher say and do. For instance, you knew nothing of what Maher had said about Sarah Palin other than he called her stupid. But he didn't just call her stupid. he called her a stupid XXX.

Thing is, what the left states is often overlooked. Like I said above, Ed Shultz called Laura Ingraham a slut. If that had been Rush, it would have blown up overnight because the left media holds the right to a double standard.

Even you yourself have admitted that Rush should be held to a standard of decency that is higher than what Maher should be held to. I am curious if you believe the same of Shultz.
    NASU

Another thing. What about Ed Shultz on MSNBC? It's not a paid service like HBO and is included, like Fox News, in cable.

He called Laura Ingraham a slut... twice. Have you condemned him yet?

Funny thing though... the left driven media didn't make a big deal about it. They are not near as interested in the leftist being held to the same standard that the right is held to.
    before this post i had never even heard of ed shultz and yeah he should be pulled from the air... but is that the entire left?

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDunn View Post
    After watching that video and reading that article, I think both Maher in regard to Palin and Limbaugh in regard to Fluke were wrong in what they said. However, while there is no double standard, there is a different standard for public media and paid-for (in this case Cable) media. Many things go on on Cable TV shows (especially on channels like HBO and Starz) that would not be allowed on shows that air on free public channels (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, etc.). To claim there is the same standard across all entertainment is to fool yourself. Again, I don't agree with what Maher said any more than I do with what Limbaugh said, but on a Cable channel like that Maher also has the free-reign to say such things. When people tune to those channels they have paid for them and know what they are getting. Free media has a different expected standard; when people tune in to free, public media they expect certain things not to be said/done. For example, many songs have to be edited for radio in order to be allowed to air (i.e.- Ceelo Green's song "Forget You" and it's unedited counterpart). This is nothing new.
    Your talking about the standards of law, to which I agree. I am talking standards of decency. If it's wrong for Rush to do it publicly, then is it not just as wrong for Maher? Or Shultz?

On a different note, Obama has no control over what "his" Super-Pac does and doesn't do with the money given to them.
    He has far more control than what people will admit. He can publicly condemn them. He can distance himself from them. he can tell them pointedly to stop. There is much, much he can do.
    NASU

OK, just calm down. Remember, you implied that Rush was the #1 spokes person for the right. Also, I didn't say the left has said worse things.
    No, he didn't. He said Maher wasn't the top left spokesperson. That was his way of saying he didn't agree with what Maher just because he (The sound) could be considered on the left. He said nothing about Rush being the top spokesperson for the right, and if you took it that way it was a simple misunderstanding, so let it go.

before this post i had never even heard of ed shultz and yeah he should be pulled from the air... but is that the entire left?
    I don't mean to say that the "entire left" is guilty. I will say that the left holds the right to a standard that they themselves will not meet. For instance, you know about Rush but didn't know about Maher or Schultz. Why? Because the leftist media is not that concerned with those guys. They are highly concerned about Rush.

Let's go back to what I said. The left is as guilty as the right when it comes to hijacking people's character. Does that mean that EVERYONE in those camps is guilty? Heavens know. I suppose I should have used the word "some" in front of the right and the left.

The leftist media will make a far bigger story out of Rush and what he says than Maher, or Shultz, or others.
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDunn View Post
    No, he didn't. He said Maher wasn't the top left spokesperson. That was his way of saying he didn't agree with what Maher just because he (The sound) could be considered on the left. He said nothing about Rush being the top spokesperson for the right, and if you took it that way it was a simple misunderstanding, so let it go.
    It appeared to be implied. And would love for him to come out and say Rush is not the main spokesperson for the right. That would certainly help settle it.
    NASU

It appeared to be implied. And would love for him to come out and say Rush is not the main spokesperson for the right. That would certainly help settle it.
    i did!!! "Look I am just talking about Limbaugh not all conservatives" what does that mean to you!!!

Thread Information