cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Condemnation in Christ Jesus

Blog Entries

Re: No Condemnation in Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I hope we can keep prespective here. satan is not an omnicient or onmipresent being who can go around harrassing everyone. He's a created being with minyons who can only be at one place at a time.

If we're feeling guilt or condemnation, it's usually from the flesh, not satan. he's busy with more important people than us to harass.
    Additionally, the acuser of the brethren has been cast down!!! ( Revelation 12:10) Next time the devil reminds you of your past, just remind him of his future!
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

"My heart was once hard and dark. Then God turned on the Light and the Water."

Blog Entries

Only get to repent of their sins only once, at repentance and baptism.
    Well if that's true I'm hellbound. Yet the Bible doesnt teach this. The Bible says that God heals backsliders, restores fellowship, and delights in showing mercy. I just don't want to backslide anymore. What a waste of time it is, and there is no reason why we ever should in the first place. More importantly than wasting time it breaks God's heart. If we love God, do we really want to break His heart?

If they walk in the flesh (through weakness) after repentace and sin, then they are no longer Christians?
    Well if they stumble and fall, God can pick them up and restore them, but let's not see how much we can get away with, let's shoot for the stars.

They were never Chrsitians in the first place?
    Sometimes people who fall relapse because they were never saved, and sometimes Christians stumble. The key is when you stumble, get back up again and get rid of whatever is causing you to stumble. Give no quarter to sin or the flesh. That's the only way to survive and thrive in Spiritual warfare.

Do those in Christ loose their salvation, becuase they commit one sin in the flesh after repentance?
    Not if they confess and forsake their sins. Yet if a person sins presumptuously and willfully, they are demonstrating that they love that sin more than Christ, and that is a frightful thing. We need to be honest with ourselves and God. Usually we sin because we like the pleasure of sin. The sooner we realize this and stop making excuses, and come to grips on the seriousness of our transgressions, the sooner we can receive spiritual healing from the Sun of Righteousness .
    1 John 1:7- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 7:1- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Quote Originally Posted by glad4mercy View Post
    I agree with this, for that which is of the flesh is not of faith, and the just shall live by their faith.
    Hab 2:4 behold ! she-is-made-presumptuous not she-is-upright soul-of·him in·him-----------Interlinear Hebrew Scripture4all.org
    and·righteous-one in·faith-of·him he-shall-live
    Hab 2:4 Behold, his soul is lifted up is not upright in him:---------- KJV
    but the just shall live by his faith.

Romans 3:10 KJV As it is written, There is none righteous, (righteous 41, just 33 times in AV) no, not one:

Who then are the just, the righteous? How is one justified, made righteous?

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood. or as verse 10 puts it: For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son.

That is the faith that justified, made you righteous, but that does not give you life. Life can only come from life. 1 Cor 15:17,18 And if Christ be not raised, your faith vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

Romans 5:10 much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead Begotten again unto a lively hope is because of the resurrection of Jesus for he that raised up Jesus will raise us up by Jesus.

The just shall live by his faith = Christ in you the hope of glory

Yes, No or Maybe?

Blog Entries

Romans 3:10 KJV As it is written, There is none righteous, (righteous 41, just 33 times in AV) no, not one:

Who then are the just, the righteous? How is one justified, made righteous?
    2 Corinthians 5:21- For he has made him, who knew no sin, to be sin for us; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 5:10 much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead Begotten again unto a lively hope is because of the resurrection of Jesus for he that raised up Jesus will raise us up by Jesus.
    Please see post 14.

The just shall live by his faith = Christ in you the hope of glory

Yes, No or Maybe?
    An emphatic YES

Yes, I would have to agree with what you have posted, and would also like to add:

We are forgiven by the blood of Jesus. The difference between a Christian sinning and a (non Christian) sinner sinning is that we have been forgiven through the blood of Jesus. It is not that Christians can no longer sin, but we are forgiven of our sins and our sins are remembered no more, because of the Grace we have in Christ Jesus (Heb 8:7-13, Heb 10:15-18). Non-Christians who have not repented of their sin (Are still in their sins), that is the difference between a Christian sinning and a sinner sinning (Col 2:13).

We are no longer under the written code, but under the law of the spirit. For writes…I will write my laws on their hearts and minds (Heb 8:10; , Heb 10:15-18).

But because we are not under the written code (Rom 7:6-7, Gal 3:25, Col 2:13-15), Paul writes that it does not give us free will to sin or live/indulge life in the flesh, but we have an obligation as sons of God, to live by the spirit and not of the flesh (Rom 8:12). Paul writes that we died to the law so that we may produce fruit to God (Rom 7:4). That is the fruit of the spirit (Gal 5:16-22) and not the works of the flesh (Gal 5:19).

Well if that's true I'm hellbound. Yet the Bible doesnt teach this. The Bible says that God heals backsliders, restores fellowship, and delights in showing mercy. I just don't want to backslide anymore. What a waste of time it is, and there is no reason why we ever should in the first place. More importantly than wasting time it breaks God's heart. If we love God, do we really want to break His heart?

Well if they stumble and fall, God can pick them up and restore them, but let's not see how much we can get away with, let's shoot for the stars.

Sometimes people who fall relapse because they were never saved, and sometimes Christians stumble. The key is when you stumble, get back up again and get rid of whatever is causing you to stumble. Give no quarter to sin or the flesh. That's the only way to survive and thrive in Spiritual warfare.

Not if they confess and forsake their sins. Yet if a person sins presumptuously and willfully, they are demonstrating that they love that sin more than Christ, and that is a frightful thing. We need to be honest with ourselves and God. Usually we sin because we like the pleasure of sin. The sooner we realize this and stop making excuses, and come to grips on the seriousness of our transgressions, the sooner we can receive spiritual healing from the Sun of Righteousness .

Jesus Christ is located in Zion. We are safe when we abide in Him...WHERE HE IS. We are not safe by merely joining a church.

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21- For he has made him, who knew no sin, to be sin for us; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Please see post 14.

An emphatic YES
    Who are kept by the power of God (the Holy Spirit) through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. And we have that power through the resurrection of Jesus or as better said in Titus:
    by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Amen my brother.

Blog Entries

Who are kept by the power of God
    27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Yes, I would have to agree with what you have posted, and would also like to add:

We are forgiven by the blood of Jesus. The difference between a Christian sinning and a (non Christian) sinner sinning is that we have been forgiven through the blood of Jesus. It is not that Christians can no longer sin, but we are forgiven of our sins and our sins are remembered no more, because of the Grace we have in Christ Jesus (Heb 8:7-13, Heb 10:15-18). Non-Christians who have not repented of their sin (Are still in their sins), that is the difference between a Christian sinning and a sinner sinning (Col 2:13).

We are no longer under the written code, but under the law of the spirit. For writes…I will write my laws on their hearts and minds (Heb 8:10; , Heb 10:15-18).

But because we are not under the written code (Rom 7:6-7, Gal 3:25, Col 2:13-15), Paul writes that it does not give us free will to sin or live/indulge life in the flesh, but we have an obligation as sons of God, to live by the spirit and not of the flesh (Rom 8:12). Paul writes that we died to the law so that we may produce fruit to God (Rom 7:4). That is the fruit of the spirit (Gal 5:16-22) and not the works of the flesh (Gal 5:19).
    Good post. We are in basic agreement. I will add that some Christians emphasize justification, ( which is certainly important), but they underemphasize sanctification. When you teach justification but ignore the Spirit's work of sanctification, ( not saying you do, I'm speaking in general terms), and ignore or downplay the Spirit's work in making us holy in position and practice, you sometimes end up with a lot of sinning Christians.

Even though gratitude is a sufficient motive and impetus for holiness, people tend to teach that the only difference between a Christian and a sinner is the Christian is forgiven, but this statement leaves out the whole issue of sanctification and personal holiness. I know what you meant by Christians being forgiven sinners, but some people carry that too far.

When you teach salvation in its fullness, you get Christians who while they are not yet sinless, they are striving for perfection, and while yet imperfect, they are running hard in the right direction, not just sitting still or idly strolling the path. Additionally, when you teach sanctification as primarily a work of the Spirit, ( we do have our part), you help people understand that practical holiness is not obtained by human will by itself or our own strength or might, but "by my Spirit says the Lord."

Running fast as I can After elusive perfection.
    No I'm not there yet,But sure I'm in the right direction.
    'cause I see me at the end And I look glorified.
    Justified safe inside,So I seek to be sanctified

Supertones "In Between"

Quote Originally Posted by VerticalReality View Post
    Yes, so you agree, then, that it is the law that condemns here and not the devil? What I'm getting at here is that often when a person feels condemned you will hear people say, "That's just the devil condemning you and you don't have to take that from him!" Technically speaking, doesn't the passage give indication that, in fact, it is not the devil that is doing the condemning? Could it be that the condemnation is arising from the fact that said person is relying on their own performance as opposed to the grace of God to save them?
    I agree and this also applies to us as sinners before we are born again when we feels guilt (as a result of judgement which is what condemnation means) as a result of sinning. No one will be able to say, I did not know.

Agreed. To add on to what you have already posted. At repentance and baptism we are justified, but that is only the start of the journey not the end. After walking in the flesh, God desires us to move away from that nature of our former lives towards Godliness.

We do indeed need to make an effort, but nothing beyond what we can do by ourselves, but with God, through the Holy Spirit. We could think of Justification (repentance and baptism) not as the end of the journey, but only the start of a life long journey. As we learn to live life in the spirit, the holy spirit will lead us on to Godliness, bearing fruit for God.

Paul encourages us all, that although we have been justified and set free, not to use this freedom to live a life in the flesh, but we have an obligation to head towards the right direction (Godliness), through the Holy Spirit. And as we do, the former ways of our old lives will be replaced through the renewing of our minds and the work of the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes, things we struggle with in the flesh are delivered instantaneously, other times it takes years of working on, but in Gods time, through Gods Grace and patience, we can overcome.

Good post. We are in basic agreement. I will add that some Christians emphasize justification, ( which is certainly important), but they underemphasize sanctification. When you teach justification but ignore the Spirit's work of sanctification, ( not saying you do, I'm speaking in general terms), and ignore or downplay the Spirit's work in making us holy in position and practice, you sometimes end up with a lot of sinning Christians.

Even though gratitude is a sufficient motive and impetus for holiness, people tend to teach that the only difference between a Christian and a sinner is the Christian is forgiven, but this statement leaves out the whole issue of sanctification and personal holiness. I know what you meant by Christians being forgiven sinners, but some people carry that too far.

When you teach salvation in its fullness, you get Christians who while they are not yet sinless, they are striving for perfection, and while yet imperfect, they are running hard in the right direction, not just sitting still or idly strolling the path. Additionally, when you teach sanctification as primarily a work of the Spirit, ( we do have our part), you help people understand that practical holiness is not obtained by human will by itself or our own strength or might, but "by my Spirit says the Lord."

Running fast as I can After elusive perfection.
    No I'm not there yet,But sure I'm in the right direction.
    'cause I see me at the end And I look glorified.
    Justified safe inside,So I seek to be sanctified

Supertones "In Between"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Agreed. To add on to what you have already posted. At repentance and baptism we are justified, but that is only the start of the journey not the end. After walking in the flesh, God desires us to move away from that nature of our former lives towards Godliness.

We do indeed need to make an effort, but nothing beyond what we can do by ourselves, but with God, through the Holy Spirit. We could think of Justification (repentance and baptism) not as the end of the journey, but only the start of a life long journey. As we learn to live life in the spirit, the holy spirit will lead us on to Godliness, bearing fruit for God.

Paul encourages us all, that although we have been justified and set free, not to use this freedom to live a life in the flesh, but we have an obligation to head towards the right direction (Godliness), through the Holy Spirit. And as we do, the former ways of our old lives will be replaced through the renewing of our minds and the work of the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes, things we struggle with in the flesh are delivered instantaneously, other times it takes years of working on, but in Gods time, through Gods Grace and patience, we can overcome.
    Great post!! So as long as we abide in Christ through faith and walk in the Spirit, not in the flesh, there is no condemnation for us, even though we are not yet perfect. Christ was made to be sin for us so that we could become the righteousness of God in Him. First we are instantly made righteous in position before God through Justification, we are set apart for God in initial sanctification, and then we progressively are sanctified as we work out what God works in us.

Don't forget about the Discipline of God. He knows our hearts and understands that there is conflict. He knows what discipline we need in order to bring us to a state of brokenness that will facilitate His Restoration.

Thread Information