[SIZE=1]49 – Man’s or God’s Way of Salvation?

Man’s Way - ‘There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.’(Proverbs 14:12). ‘Going about to establish their own righteousness.’(Romans 10:3) Morality – ‘I thank Thee I am not as other men are.’(Luke 18:11) Almsgiving – ‘I give tithes of all that I possess.’ (Luke 18:12) ‘We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement.’ (Isaiah 28:15).
A man may want liberty, and yet be happy; a man may want food, and yet be content; a man may want clothing, and yet be comfortable; but he that wants Salvation, wants everything that can do him good, in this life and the next. Nothing worse can be imagined, than to be without hope and without God even in this world.
God’s Way – ‘Not of works, lest any man should boast’ (Ephesians 2:9). ‘Christ died for the unGodly’ (Romans 5:8). ‘the just for the unjust. By Him all that believe are justified from all things’ (Acts 13:39). ‘Not redeemed with . . silver and gold . .but with the precious blood of Christ’(1 Peter 1:18). ‘His own self bare our Sins in His own body on the tree’ (1 Peter 2:24). My Sins deserve eternal Death, but Jesus died for me.
Do not mistake. Much that a man does is right and proper; but if it is to be acceptable to God, it must be the outcome of life after he has trusted in the finished Work of Christ. What we do must be the result of our forgiveness, not the means by which we try to obtain it.
[/SIZE]