cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are Christians so evasive?

Thumbs up Why are Christians so evasive?

I've asked many Christians many questions about God, the Bible, miracles, etc. I repeatedly get very evasive answers - or the Christians get angry. It seems to me that 'God' is just a metaphor for something else, but Christians won't explain what it really is. So how does it help the overall agenda of Christians to be evasive or get angry when confronted with questions about their faith?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Why are Christians so evasive?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirapu View Post

I've asked many Christians many questions about God, the Bible, miracles, etc. I repeatedly get very evasive answers - or the Christians get angry. It seems to me that 'God' is just a metaphor for something else, but Christians won't explain what it really is. So how does it help the overall agenda of Christians to be evasive or get angry when confronted with questions about their faith?
    Do you pursue questioning Christians who are babes in Christ and are also confronting questions about faith and God themselves?

They may not have answers presently and thus they react in ways that you perceive as them being evasive?

Then when you question a Christian who DOES have a scriptural answer. Is the answer gonna be accepted BY you? If not, then when they understand that you are not gonna accept the truth of scripture, are you taking this as them being "evasive" when they stop explaining the exact same thing to you over and over?

Just trying to put your question in a perspective we can work with.
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Blog Entries

Don't confuse anger with frustration, or when angry it is generally from frustration. And evasive can be just a matter of the fact that just because I am a believer I simply don't have all the answers to all your questions.

The fact is, my(or whoever) ability to answer all questions giving full explanation to your satisfaction is not what determines whether or not the Bible is true. Christians do not have full understanding of all things in the Bible, learning and gaining understanding is a day by day life time endeavor. It is not the believers responsibility to convince you that the Bible is true and Jesus is who He claims to be...it is there responsibility to tell you the Gospel of Jesus Christ....and to give an answer for why they believe and have faith.

It is the believers responsibility to tell you that Jesus died for your sins because you(no man) are not able to pay for them. God is holy and righteous and just and He will not tolerate sin in His presence, there must be justice...and for you and me, that means the wages of sin are death...everlasting punishment is what is meant by death. God created man more than physical body, there is a part of man that continues after death...and that part has a sinful nature that cannot stand in the presence of God or enter His kingdom.

Every man will be held accountable for how he/she has lived this life. For those who are in Christ Jesus, that means they will be held accountable, but they will not suffer everlasting punishment cast from the presence of Almighty God.
    1Co 3:15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

With that said and out of the way...what about you, and you have flat out denied there is a God?(Idk) and denied that you are a sinner according to the standard of God, and thus refused to repent and accept that Jesus, God the Son, paid the price you could not...
    Mat 25:46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
    Joh 5:24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

What about you knowing, somehow, there is a God and you have need of His mercy and grace to save you from everlasting punishment/death. It is not me or any other human who can 'prove' it. We can witness to His truth by our testimonies but God did not leave it up to us to 'prove' it.

God has given all men visible proof, and here in Romans God explains.... telling us here that He has provided evidence for us all to have and see.
    Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would come, that is what this passage is about. The Holy Spirit is willing to convict your heart, but He will not force you.....And the more you turn away, the easier it gets to turn away.
    Joh 16:8 And when He(the Holy Spirit) has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

My point here is that no believer can make you believe, nor can all believers answer all your questions. There are many resources out there available where authors have put together answers to much...one for example would be "Evidence That Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell...great book that covers a lot of ground. Josh, an unbelieving lawyer decided to prove the Bible nonsense, but the literal evidence, evidence that would hold up in a court of law, changed his mind and he believed and is saved. It's a great book.

Most Christians are not experts in every topic of the unbelievers contention. The fact that they get frustrated and angry proves that God is not a brain washer and even the believer still has free will...contrary to the popular belief of many unbelievers. They are not robots with an agenda to brain wash more people, the true God and His true followers do not brainwash. Free will is God given, the ability to make choices, and free will is not taken away from the believer either.

It is a choice that must be made by all men/women...believe in a God, or not. God has put within men the desire to know and search...but He also gave them free will to choose, something that He does not take away regardless of their choices. If you want to know if He is real you will have to ask Him. I can tell you what He has said, I can tell you I believe, and why, tell you that I have a relationship with Him. I can tell you of answered prayer, miracles, and so on..but I cannot make you believe if you choose not to, nor will God force you to do so.

Look at yourself, no matter how good a person you are...you still have a sinful nature and you still sin, just like the rest of us. You will be held accountable...and without Christ, that accountability will require your everlasting death. The sin you will pay for with your life is the rejecting of His Son Jesus, which then the sinful nature within you remaining and a sinful nature that cannot enter the presence of God, there fore He will not allow you everlasting presence in His kingdom, but everlasting exile and punishment.

Many here will try to answer your questions, but they cannot make you believe with some brilliant convincing argument. That is not to say that many cannot and have not presented brilliant arguments, because they can and have....but they cannot make you believe those arguments, that is your free will to choose.

Give us a for-instance....an example.

What questions would you ask, wanting non-evasive answers? Give us a few.

It's hard to answer why someone else responded a certain way, not knowing their background, and not knowing the question posed to them.

What do you mean? Ummm I think he went thataway!!!...(ducking out)

This would solely depend on how you come across. If you seem like you are truly seeking, asking earnest questions then I can guarantee that people will bend over backwards to help you understand.

If however come across in a negative manner (pompous, condescending, arrogant, argumentative, etc) then you will find people shutting down due solely to how you present yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Blog Entries

Personally I am delighted people to talk to me about God, the bible and miracles HOWEVER they come across. And Speaking for myself, I was all of those things and worse when I started asking questions. I was angry, with God, with Christians and the whole shebang. I was angry with Christians for their piety and did my flat best to show my friends just how stupid their faith was. Fortunately I was lucky enough to run up against (and it was against) some christians who recognized that for what it was.

However its worth remembering that Christians are also human. Catch one on a bad day, we can be as crabby as anyone else!

Blog Entries

Do you actually have questions, or did you just want to vent some frustrations?

I'm not exactly sure, but wouldn't the definition of "evasive" be something like, well, posting a topic on an internet forum but never engaging with the answers people take the time to provide...?

Maybe it's just me

Actually, no - I'm wrong. That's the definition of a "troll". Sorry.
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the rookie View Post

Actually, no - I'm wrong. That's the definition of a "troll". Sorry.
    I was gonna lead to this perspective based on the OP's conduct to my post in this or the other thread that was posted back-to-back
    Slug1--out

~Does Predestination mean: Once of the devil, Always of the devil?~

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

If you are sincere and earnestly asking these questions, then a Christian should not be giving you evasive answers. What is your approach to asking them these questions and keep in mind that not everyone who claims to be a Christian really is. What kind of questions do you have? There are many people on this forum who would love to answer any questions that you have about God, the Bible, miracles etc.

Blog Entries

I've answered every question you have asked except for the one about where the bones of Jesus are and several people gave you a direct and non-evasive answer, so I didn't answer that one. You've yet to acknowledge many people's answers to you. But to call us evasive and angry with you isn't honest.

".....it's your nickel"

pushed out by those who say they're my brother

You haven't responded to any of my posts, yet you continue to open thread after thread after thread. You're basically spamming. NOT cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingUp View Post
    You haven't responded to any of my posts, yet you continue to open thread after thread after thread. You're basically spamming. NOT cool.
    The poster is on Coffee Break and is unable to post until that status is removed
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quickened View Post
    The poster is on Coffee Break and is unable to post until that status is removed
    What is "Coffee Break"? Is it what I am on now?
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Thread Information