cure-real

Thread: What happened to the bones of Jesus?

Exclamation What happened to the bones of Jesus?

After the physical body of Jesus died, what happened to the bones of that body. The rest of the body obviously would have decayed, but unless the body was cremated, the bones or bone fragments would have to be in some discernible location. What is the general consensus among Christians as to where the bones of Jesus are at this moment? Thanks

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: What happened to the bones of Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Tirapu View Post
    After the physical body of Jesus died, what happened to the bones of that body. The rest of the body obviously would have decayed, but unless the body was cremated, the bones or bone fragments would have to be in some discernible location. What is the general consensus among Christians as to where the bones of Jesus are at this moment? Thanks
    What does "resurrected" mean to you?
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

Blog Entries

According to the bible, they physical body of Jesus ascended into heaven after he'd been around a wee while after he was resurrected. How people interpret that literally, given that we know that if you go high enough you are still in temporal space (and not in heaven) will vary, Christian to Christian. For myself I think that the ascension is a perspective view on a dimensional shift. Others believe that the physical body of Jesus "became energy".

Its a good question actually. What DID happen to the physical body after it rose into the clouds.

Luke 24:34-39 - "The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon!" And they told about the things that had happened on the road, and how He was known to them in the breaking of bread. Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, "Peace to you." But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. And He said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."

His flesh did not experience decay. Jesus was resurrected on the third day. Acts 2:31 - he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

Blog Entries

He's walking around with them currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    He's walking around with them currently.
    Amen! Bodily resurrection, flesh and bones. That explains the EMPTY tomb.

Blog Entries

troll ........ 15 characters
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

pushed out by those who say they're my brother

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Yep. It really is quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Hahahaha! This is proof that we need to remove the character limit on existing established members!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Job 34:19
    God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are all the work of His hands.

Blog Entries

As everyone has already said: the tomb was empty, because He rose again. So I wish anyone luck in finding his bones.

In Him,

CC

John 1:1
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Thread Information