cure-real
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: U.S. soldier kills Afghan civilians

Blog Entries

Re: U.S. soldier kills Afghan civilians

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    I think you meant Pilate...so as not to confuse this with those F-16 pilots that kill innocent civilians.
    Whatever the english translation is......I'll dismiss your later point as Brave-Sierra.

Blog Entries

Ultimately we will be treated as we have treated our enemies. God will use force to stop us if we don't repent and become as His Son.
    So the Germans and Japanese treated us as we treated them? They treated 6 million Jews as those Jews treated them? Our civilian journalists gets their heads removed with rusty knives because of the way they treated those thugs?

Let me know when you come down from your emotional rant so this thread can become sober again.

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces

Your naivity is showing here...you are believing your own propaganda. Human beings act the same wherever you go. They do this because they are human. What is worse than human is to consider yourself more human than others. This is the worse crime...to debase others and elevate yourself.

Are we really holier than people in other lands? Not at all.
    Your ignorance is showing here, you are believing your own propaganda. But hey, what would an OEF vet know about fighting in Afghanistan?

Any thoughts?
    I think it is time we leave. I believe that, through ignorance, negligence, and willful disregard for reality, we have reached the point where we can no longer do any lasting good in that country. Unfortunately, the place will likely burn in flames in a very short period after we leave and, while I feel a strong connection to Afghans and the Pashtun in particular, I think it is time for them to manage their own affairs.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Nothing in the way of progress there, at least nothing recently. We seem to be merely policing a non-tenable purpose for even being there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post
    Your ignorance is showing here, you are believing your own propaganda. But hey, what would an OEF vet know about fighting in Afghanistan?

I think it is time we leave. I believe that, through ignorance, negligence, and willful disregard for reality, we have reached the point where we can no longer do any lasting good in that country. Unfortunately, the place will likely burn in flames in a very short period after we leave and, while I feel a strong connection to Afghans and the Pashtun in particular, I think it is time for them to manage their own affairs.
    Experience always trumps Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    So the Germans and Japanese treated us as we treated them? They treated 6 million Jews as those Jews treated them? Our civilian journalists gets their heads removed with rusty knives because of the way they treated those thugs?

Let me know when you come down from your emotional rant so this thread can become sober again.

Let's get back to killing civilians..shall we?

Blog Entries

Let's get back to killing civilians..shall we?
    You realize that repeating 1960's anti-war tripe just makes you sound like a hack, don't you?

Let's get back to God's Word.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    You realize that repeating 1960's anti-war tripe just makes you sound like a hack, don't you?

Let's get back to God's Word.
    Actually let's get back to living the word...

Let's pray for the relatives of the victims in this senseless slaughter...

This thread is a shame and could be called the tragic loss of innocent life and the callous disregard for that life by those who are called to be compassionate in this world. If Christians follow Mars (Ares) rather than Christ, then the world is ready for a greater tribulation.

Blog Entries

I think perhaps you just went off the deep end. Are you going to be okay? Maybe we should have someone check on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post

Hmm...I thought you believed it your God given Christian duty to go to war and (if necessary) take the lives of others, to protect the weak and defenceless, and that only us cowardly pacifists would not do so?

Is it only when it is easy wars that you can win?

Do you believe it is a just war or not?

I didn't have a problem going in there in the first place to get OBL but after that failed, mostly get out. This idea of nation building, and giving some alien culture "freedom and democracy" is bunk. They don't want it and they'll never appreciate what they don't earn. If they want to be left alone to live in the 8th century, I'm just fine with that. Wasn't nation building supposed to be some sort of neo-con thing anyway? Whatever happened with that?

I'm not sure I ever understood what strategic value Afghanistan has (maybe Mr. Nox can fill us in). As far as I know the only thing they have the rest of the world wants are poppy fields.

And another thing. Next time the US gets a hankrn' to invade another country, go in there, destroy their government, wipe out their infrastructure and smash their army. Then get out. If they want our help to rebuild, invite us in and pay us by the hour.
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Kill one person ...it's a tragedy...kill a million...it's a statistic. (Joseph Stalin)
    So, this is a semi tragic statistic.

Ultimately we will be treated as we have treated our enemies. God will use force to stop us if we don't repent and become as His Son.
    I think God is much more concerned about our domestic butchering of babies than He is over our actions in war.
    Last edited by amazzin; Mar 13th 2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: typo corrected

Thread Information