cure-real
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: U.S. soldier kills Afghan civilians

Re: U.S. soldier kills Afghan civilians

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    You may be confusing Mr. Bonhoeffer with Tom Cruise and his role playing of von Stauffenberg.
    Bonhoffer was involved. I'm stating a historical fact. Prove me wrong if you can. Or don't.

I have the feeling that we will never come to agreement on this issue.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Because I'm not griping. Besides, I am an unsaved heathen according to your new self-appointd role as God. You should be praying instead of chasing every one away from the One True God with your judgemental rhetoric.
    Your own words reveal your stance. The gospel is not meant for self-justification but rather for the poor in spirit who seek mercy and life. A Christian is one who takes the stand to deliver the truth in both mercy and love. Violence towards a neighbour is incongruent with the commands of Christ. You will have Him to deal with...not me. Would you shoot the messenger?

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces

Your own words reveal your stance. The gospel is not meant for self-justification but rather for the poor in spirit who seek mercy and life. A Christian is one who takes the stand to deliver the truth in both mercy and love. Violence towards a neighbour is incongruent with the commands of Christ. You will have Him to deal with...not me. Would you shoot the messenger?
    Now your God's messenger?

You know, it has been the arrogance, ignorance, and stupidity of men like you which has driven me from the church more times than I can count.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post

You know, it has been the arrogance, ignorance, and stupidity of men like you which has driven me from the church more times than I can count.
    I am also an ambassador of God. We Christians have the ministry of reconciliation.

This is the truth. The arrogance is among those who use God's name while following a worldly agenda.

Blog Entries

Strange comment coming from someone who has appointed himself the judge of someone else's salvation.

Are you really that double minded or just trying to dance out of the hole you dug for yourself?

Blog Entries

I am also an ambassador of God. We Christians have the ministry of reconciliation.

This is the truth. The arrogance is among those who use God's name while following a worldly agenda.
    You don't appear to be reconciling much around here. Is that log in your eye blinding you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post

AMEN to that brother.

Strange comment coming from someone who has appointed himself the judge of someone else's salvation.

Are you really that double minded or just trying to dance out of the hole you dug for yourself?
    I am not among those who judge another's salvation. People claim salvation for themselves according to their own opinion. But a worldly stance that is incongruent with the Spirit is just that...incongruent. If this hits you as a doubt of your own salvation...that is what you assume I am doing. I personally don't think it wise for anyone to claim something for themselves. Let God be the judge. He will in any regard.

You don't appear to be reconciling much around here. Is that log in your eye blinding you?

Not everyone will receive the truth...many will actually attack you for it. I am assuming that it is safe to speak of Christ on a Christian forum. Does this strike you as arrogant!
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Bonhoffer was involved. I'm stating a historical fact. Prove me wrong if you can. Or don't.

I have the feeling that we will never come to agreement on this issue.

Here is what Mr. Bonhoeffer had to say on the matter...

"the ultimate question for a responsible man to ask is not how he is to extricate himself heroically from the affair, but how the coming generation shall continue to live."[23] He did not justify his action but accepted that he was taking guilt upon himself as he wrote "when a man takes guilt upon himself in responsibility, he imputes his guilt to himself and no one else. He answers for it...Before other men he is justified by dire necessity; before himself he is acquitted by his conscience, but before God he hopes only for grace."[24] (In this connection, it is worthwhile to recall his 1932 sermon, in which he said: “the blood of martyrs might once again be demanded, but this blood, if we really have the courage and loyalty to shed it, will not be innocent, shining like that of the first witnesses for the faith. On our blood lies heavy guilt, the guilt of the unprofitable servant who is cast into outer darkness.”[25])

Mr. Bonhoeffer took on the guilt of Germany the same way that Moses took the guilt of Israel on himself. This in no way means that he was admitting to an actual guilt at his own hands.

Of course non-Christian historians will not understand this nuance.

Blog Entries

I am not among those who judge another's salvation. People claim salvation for themselves according to their own opinion. But a worldly stance that is incongruent with the Spirit is just that...incongruent. If this hits you as a doubt of your own salvation...that is what you assume I am doing. I personally don't think it wise for anyone to claim something for themselves. Let God be the judge. He will in any regard.
    1) You said I didn't have the Holy Spirit. That was from your lips. Do you wish to retract that statement and repent?
    2) What you claim is 'wordly' is in dispute. God Himself approves armed conflict which is in conflict with your opinion. I'll beleive God's Word before I'll beleive the violence that has rolled off your tongue in the past couple of days.

Is that clear enough for you?

Blog Entries

Not everyone will receive the truth...many will actually attack you for it. I am assuming that it is safe to speak of Christ on a Christian forum. Does this strike you as arrogant!
    ?
    Which is EXACTLY what you are engaged in. Attacking us. Accusing us. Do you know whom the Bible identifies as the accuser? Might want to check on that.

Which is EXACTLY what you are engaged in. Attacking us. Accusing us. Do you know whom the Bible identifies as the accuser? Might want to check on that.
    You are obviously beyond correction. Be at peace.

1) You said I didn't have the Holy Spirit. That was from your lips. Do you wish to retract that statement and repent?
    2) What you claim is 'wordly' is in dispute. God Himself approves armed conflict which is in conflict with your opinion. I'll beleive God's Word before I'll beleive the violence that has rolled off your tongue in the past couple of days.

Is that clear enough for you?
    I said that i sincerely wished you were as close to God as you say you are. And I still do wish this for you.

You accuse me of claiming to be in the godhead. Is that just your temper speaking or did I really claim this?

Blog Entries

You are obviously beyond correction. Be at peace.

I am at peace in Christ. You seem to be having some problems though. I'll pray for you.

Thread Information