cure-real

Thread: I Finally Found It!!!

Blog Entries

I Finally Found It!!!

I could not find this song by Rich Mullins for a LONG time. Most here already know I am a Rich Mullins nut: I have included his little "preaching" moment as well as the words to the song. (Fair warning: some images in this video made may be mildly offensive, as the maker of the video shows images that relate to what Rich is saying)

See, I believe that if you were chosen, that if you were elected. I believe if God has anything for you, it's not just to make you happy. God did not choose you and call you out of this world just to make you high. And God didn't choose you and God didn't call you out of this world just so you that could be pious. Because there are enough pious people and enough happy people in the world. What God called you for, and what God called you to is to make a difference in the world.

You know, there are a lot of people who have never heard the gospel of Christ. Somehow, I have a little bit of trouble when I see people spend fifteen, sixteen bucks a hit to hear some flashy Christian group say 'Jesus is Lord' to the tune of fifteen bucks a person when there are people who live not far from here who can't even afford to buy a Bible. And somehow, it seems a little bit weird that we should have more ministers in this country and fewer people, when in the world where there are so many people who would give anything to have a minister, they can't find them, because they're not there, because they're in our country.

I don't believe that God chose you and blessed you so that you could heap those blessings up upon yourself. I believe God chose you and you and you and every one of you others, because He wants to make a difference in this world. And you know what? What I think is scary about God is He didn't come up with any 'plan B.' That He left the church here, and the church is the only group of people and the church is the only institution in the world that can bring about a change. This government cannot do it, so stop depending on the government. Educational systems cannot do it, so stop trusting educational systems. The church was chosen by God to make a difference.

And you know what, people? You ain't going to make a difference by building more bombs. And you ain't going to make a difference by putting on more makeup and showing up on more television shows. And you're not going to make a difference by having the loudest P/A or the biggest crowd at your concerts. You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people. And I had this great realization one night, and that's when I wrote this song.

And as I lay me down one evening,
    I thought of Jesus on the hill
    And how for men He was weeping,
    When it was Him they were going to kill
    And I know it would have saved them
    Had they only just allowed
    None are stronger than the humble
    And few are weaker than the proud

And then my thoughts, they turned to David,
    And how he watched his father's flocks
    How the music that he was playing
    Could calm the demons in a mighty man's heart
    And when the prophet came round looking for a king,
    He sought young David out,
    'Cause none are stronger than the humble

And I know that you know about Moses,
    And how he left the Pharoah's courts
    When he saw the injustice
    Done to the people, the people of the Lord
    And though his fears drove him to hiding,
    The Lord his heart with courage soon endowed
    'Cause none are stronger than the humble

And none are stronger than the humble
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Re: I Finally Found It!!!

WOW!! This song is wonderful!! I have never heard it before, but I know the Lord has spoken through it!! I can't say what He said, but I'm sitting here with tears running down my face, and an overwhelming need to praise our glorious God!! I like Rich Mullins too, but this one is new to me! Thank you for sharing!

Numbers 6:24-26
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Blog Entries

Hi CC! Haven't seen it yet but will check it out later! Thanks for sharing!
    Last night, I dreamt that three bald ducks came into my room and started pecking at my pillows because they wanted their feathers back.

Blog Entries

Excellent! I woke up this morning with an awareness of what is wrong in my community and was pondering what to do. Then I came on the board and found this. It seems that lately, God is sending clear messages to people and everyone is pondering the same messages. He is speaking to us.

Evangelists are needed. People are so lost now and the time seems to be ripe for the gospel.

I have wasted so much time seeking that high that I first had when I believed, ignoring the fact that service is what God wants from us. This song addressed it perfectly. Thank you for posting it.

Blog Entries

I am happy to see that even today, many years after Rich went home, he is still able to bless people.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InChrist4Ever1 View Post
    This is the first time I have heard of this preacher too.
    He was not a preacher, per say. He was a Christian artist who died in a Jeep accident. Here is a link about him:

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/...walk/blog/4129

He was amazing: wrote tons of songs for other people, lived off of what would be an average yearly salary. Donated everything else to various charities. Could play almost any instrument, yet had almost no training. And loved God with a passion I hope to attain. I listen to his mucsic every day: it calms me, gives me peace, and brings me closer to the Lord.
    Rich Mullins

Thread Information