cure-real
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jesus did not arm His disciples with swords.

Re: Jesus did not arm His disciples with swords.

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    Did Jesus defend Himself?
    He came here to be murdered.

Did the early Christians defend themselves?
    Yes and we still defend ourselves. Jesus told Peter to put his sword in its place – at his side. He didn't say throw it away.

Do sheep defend themselves? What about lambs? Do they fight back?
    They are animals and yes they have defense instincts.

Of what spirit are you really?
    The true spirit.

Violence begets violence. The violent will not inherit the kingdom. We are to be as harmless as doves and lambs.
    Just like Jesus right?

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
    Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
    Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
    Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
    Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh

The end of Rev concerning Christ's return is a literal bloodbath. No amount of horror and gore could ever come close to giving anyone an idea of the carnage that will take place.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Just like Jesus right?

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
    Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
    Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
    Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
    Rev 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh

The end of Rev concerning Christ's return is a literal bloodbath. No amount of horror and gore could ever come close to giving anyone an idea of the carnage that will take place.
    God will reveal HIS King. I think we take ourselves too seriously in thinking WE are the coming of righteousness into the world and thus spread carnage and the killing of innocents. Only God can judge.

Have you heard this verse before...?

Vengeance is Mine says the Lord
    Formerly "Adullam" from other sites!

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

God will reveal HIS King. I think we take ourselves too seriously in thinking WE are the coming of righteousness into the world and thus spread carnage and the killing of innocents. Only God can judge.

Have you heard this verse before...?

Vengeance is Mine says the Lord
    So? Jesus brings an army with him and has more ready to join when he arrives.

Ever read this?

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
    Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    Rom 13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
    Rom 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
    Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

This applies if one was drafted into the armed forces. There is nothing wrong with defending one's country by killing the enemy. It's that way now, it was the same back when Israel warred agaisnt so many.

So? Jesus brings an army with him and has more ready to join when he arrives.

Ever read this?

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
    Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    Rom 13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
    Rom 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
    Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

This applies if one was drafted into the armed forces. There is nothing wrong with defending one's country by killing the enemy. It's that way now, it was the same back when Israel warred agaisnt so many.
    We could practice poking people by putting swords in our mouths I guess....

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

We could practice poking people by putting swords in our mouths I guess....
    As if people aren't going to be slaughtered on that day right?

How about we stop the stupid jokes and keep this as a serious discussion?

He came here to be murdered.

Yes and we still defend ourselves. Jesus told Peter to put his sword in its place – at his side. He didn't say throw it away.

They are animals and yes they have defense instincts.

The true spirit.
    I didn't realize you were this true. A question. How are we to defend ourselves if we keep our swords at our sides?

What sort of defense mechanisms do sheep have? Where do you find these deadly sheep?

Thanks

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

As if people aren't going to be slaughtered on that day right?

How about we stop the stupid jokes and keep this as a serious discussion?

Rather than anticipating a judgment by promoting violence during this time of grace...why not follow Christ?

I am surprised that there are no Christian sects who carry swords..like the Sikhs do. You know for religious purposes..

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

I didn't realize you were this true. A question. How are we to defend ourselves if we keep our swords at our sides?
    Take a guess.

What sort of defense mechanisms do sheep have? Where do you find these deadly sheep?
    Exactly how do you justify going from self defense to "deadly"? If you won't take this seriously then no one should bother speaking to you.

Rather than anticipating a judgment by promoting violence during this time of grace...why not follow Christ?
    No one has promoted violence so that is a false accusation and you need to take it back please. Christians do follow Christ unless you think you are the only true Christian here.

I am surprised that there are no Christian sects who carry swords..like the Sikhs do. You know for religious purposes..
    Swords have become guns and Christian do own guns.

OK so if the Lord said that 2 swords were enough for 11 men,hmmm, that makes one sword for every 5.5 men.

Has anyone ever heard of a designated sword carrier? Surely if we were to follow Jesus closely and interpret Jesus' "it is enough" as meaning the carrying of swords, there must be some who are designated to carry these for the others?

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

http://www.sheep101.info/bahavior.html

Sheep are a prey animal. When they are faced with danger, their natural instinct is to flee not fight. Their strategy is to use avoidance and rapid flight to avoid being eaten.

Some primitive sheep breeds may be able to more effectively evade predators, as their natural instincts are stronger. Domesticated sheep have come to rely on man for protection from predators.

Safety in numbers
    After fleeing, sheep will reform their group and look at the predator. They use their natural herding instinct to band together for safety. A sheep that is by itself is vulnerable to attack.

Never walk a straight line
    Sheep tracks are never straight. The winding of trails allows sheep to observe their backside first with one eye, then the other. Sheep can spot dogs or other perceived forms of danger from 1,200 to 1,500 yards away.

Keen senses
    Sheep have excellent senses. Their wide angle of vision allows them to see predators. They can direct their ears to the direction of sound. They are very sensitive to what different predators smell like.

Pain
    Sheep have an amazing tolerence for pain. They do not show pain, because if they do, they will be more vulnerable to predators who look for those who are weak or injured.

OK so if the Lord said that 2 swords were enough for 11 men,hmmm, that makes one sword for every 5.5 men.

Has anyone ever heard of a designated sword carrier? Surely if we were to follow Jesus closely and interpret Jesus' "it is enough" as meaning the carrying of swords, there must be some who are designated to carry these for the others?
    Just because 2 was enough does not equal that one for each man was too much.

No one has promoted violence so that is a false accusation and you need to take it back please. Christians do follow Christ unless you think you are the only true Christian here.

Swords have become guns and Christian do own guns.
    I also own guns. The issue is whether we are to use them on people rather than targets or deer. Do you advocate shooting people or not?

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

Do you advocate shooting people or not?
    When justified of course. You should have already understood that from reading through this thread and all the people's replies.

Thread Information