cure-real

Thread: Searching for a job for the passed 8 weeks!

Searching for a job for the passed 8 weeks!

My current job is giving me a hard time and I have been searching for a new job for the passed eight weeks to no avail! Because of a difficulty with my current employer (not my doing) I have received no income for two months. I'm getting desperate and panicky.

I'm putting in 7 or 8 hours a day job searching online, telling EVERYONE I know that I'm looking for work but... nothing is panning out.

I went to 3 interviews last week plus I had another one on the phone. Still. Nothing. Unfortunately I'm physically disabled. I have mild cerebral palsy which limits my capability to apply to all job postings. I don't drive, so any job requiring a vehicle is out of the question. I don't speak French, which limits the number of job oppurtunities by 60% (I'm Canadian, living in Ottawa, Ontario where billingualism is almost imperative). I do not have a college/university education either.....I just never got that chance to go to school. *blushing embarrasssed* I didn't have any money and didn't qualify for OSAP or ODSP (student funding). My best friend said she'd pay for schooling for me next year but...I may have to move out of my apartment and live with my mother in another city if I don't find work. I need work NOW.

I am rambling aren't I? *sigh* Sorry. Panic has really set in. I've been crying a lot lately.

Blog Entries

Re: Searching for a job for the passed 8 weeks!

Stay focused, get out for a walk every now and then and don't give up. Stats show that it takes 1 month for every $10,000 of annual income. God's got you!!!
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries

Hello ravens321, welcome to the forums

So many are going through this same kind of trial. It is hard. All I can say is your doing all the right things, pray for God's guidance and keep going. The Lord has promised to supply all your needs, and He knows better than you do what they are. I know it's hard to wait for the Lord's timing, I'm in a similar situation myself. All we can do is trust Him, believe that He may stretch us a little, but His timing is always perfect. Trusting God, that's what we're learning.Know that He can be trusted, and He is faithful.

I pray that the Lord will give you peace, and guide you to the perfect job

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Thanks.

Feel a little silly for posting when I was upset. *blush*

I have another job interview tomorrow. We'll just see how it all goes.

My wonderful, patient boyfriend keeps saying similar things. "Keep your chin up" and "Don't give up hope sweetie". He's being so supportive and kind through all of this.

I just keep praying....and worrying. lol

Keep trying, and praying. And welcome to the forum.
    How expensive would it be to take a French class, now that you have the time?
    I took Spanish for two semesters, and I can eat if I'm ever parachuted unconscious into Paraguay! HA

@PJW French classes here cost at least $1500 in order to qualify for billigual jobs. It's not only a matter of money but the ability to learn it. I just can't seem to grasp the language no matter how hard I try. (I'm learning American Sign Language just fine, but French doesn't seem to stick!)

STILL job seraching. I think it's been 12 weeks now. I'm starting to feel defeated. I also think my boyfriend is trying to figure out whether he wants to stay with me. We've been together for two years and still..he hasn't said "I love you".

If everything falls apart at once I don't know that I can keep going. I'm so overwhelmed these days.

Thread Information