cure-real
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Light/light of the world

Blog Entries

Re: Light/light of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    God is not at this time in the business of condemning the unsaved. Sure there will come the time of judgment, however now is not the time. In the future we will each have to stand before the judgment seat of God and give an account of ourselves.

And what will be the basis of a good account?
    What would be the basis of a bad account?

Quote Originally Posted by Colight View Post
    If Christ covered the penalty for sin.. how could that sin then be used as a bases of condemnation?
    Would that not be re-judgement of a sin that Christ all ready covered?

John 1:29
    The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Christ Takes away the sin of the world, that would include the sin of the unsaved.

If Christ takes away their sin, even that of the lost..
    Then how could God throw them into eternal judgement over sin?

would be logical to ask "Is it sin that is the bases for Gods judgement of man?"
    Yes, sin is what separated us from God. God is righteous and set apart from sin (Holy). He tells us to be holy as well. So He provided a way of Himself for us to be reconciled to Him, but we must (by faith), as has already pointed out, accept it. Otherwise Paul would not need to say in the next verse “…we beg you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.”

For further consideration: John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Again, God is Holy and will have no part in unrighteousness, which is why we are separated from Him. So he provides a way, through Christ, to be reconciled to Him, and in so doing also shows us a better way… love. But we must rather come to the light than stay in the dark. Unfortunately, some people prefer the dark and want little to do with light and love except where they might gain something from it for themselves. They rather enjoy their sinfulness, though it leads to destruction and death.

Your turn now...

Do you believe it is something other than unrighteousness that has separated us from God?

Do you believe it is faith in His love for us and desire and ability to reconcile us to Him, as demonstrated and expressed through Jesus, that justifies us?

Are you asking questions because some things seem unclear or confusing, or is there some point to your questions that you would like to make?

Blog Entries

Very well stated..

Do you believe it is something other than unrighteousness that has separated us from God?
    That is the only thing that separates the unbeliever from God.
    Do you believe it is faith in His love for us and desire and ability to reconcile us to Him, as demonstrated and expressed through Jesus, that justifies us?

Are you asking questions because some things seem unclear or confusing, or is there some point to your questions that you would like to make?

This was the point I was looking for thru the questions.

Christ has covered Sin.
    It is that lack of Gods righteousness that separates man from God, so when man turns to Christ..
    The Righteousness of Christ covers man.
    So man is not eternally judged for SIN..for Christ was judged for sin.
    Man is eternally judged for lacking the Righteousness of God, that is given thru Christ.

Repentance is the key to having ones sins forgiven.... and washed away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Repentance is the key to having ones sins forgiven.... and washed away.

What would be a proper Repentance?

Christ has covered Sin.
    It is that lack of Gods righteousness that separates man from God, so when man turns to Christ..
    Man is eternally judged for lacking the Righteousness of God, that is given thru Christ.
    Oh ok, good. So we are on the same page, then (or reading the same Book, anyway).

What would be a proper Repentance?
    9 And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt:
    10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
    11 "The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: 'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
    12 'I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.'
    13 "But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, the sinner!'
    14 "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Quote Originally Posted by CIM
    God is not at this time in the business of condemning the unsaved. Sure there will come the time of judgment, however now is not the time. In the future we will each have to stand before the judgment seat of God and give an account of ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colight
    Quote Originally Posted by Colight

Christ has covered Sin.
    Matthew 7:1-2 Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

If we say an unbeliever is condemned for that which we do ourselves how are we doing this: Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven?
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Blog Entries

Matthew 7:1-2 Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

If we say an unbeliever is condemned for that which we do ourselves how are we doing this: Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven?

No idea where you are trying to say.. perhaps you could lay it out better?

No idea where you are trying to say.. perhaps you could lay it out better?
    I thought it was pretty clear what I wrote. If we say an unbeliever is condemned because of sin and we go sin ourselves how is that being a light that shines before men? I really don't know how to explain it better.
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

I thought it was pretty clear what I wrote. If we say an unbeliever is condemned because of sin and we go sin ourselves how is that being a light that shines before men? I really don't know how to explain it better.
    In other words actions speaks louder than words. People want to see the truth in action in that person who is speaking the truth.

When Adam sinned, God did not condemn him for his actions, it was Adam's own conscience of knowing he disobeyed his commandment. His sin brought fear, guilt, shame. These things prevent you from walking by faith, and if we don't walk by faith then we are sinning. (What ever is not of faith is sin) You can sense condemnation in you even when God is not condemning you. Our conscience is built into every man so he can know when he does wrong or right. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can take away that condemnation.

1Jn 3:20 that if our conscience condemns us, that God is greater than our conscience and knows all things.
    1Jn 3:21 Dear friends, if our conscience does not condemn us, we have confidence in the presence of God, (NET)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    When Adam sinned, God did not condemn him for his actions, it was Adam's own conscience of knowing he disobeyed his commandment. His sin brought fear, guilt, shame. These things prevent you from walking by faith, and if we don't walk by faith then we are sinning. (What ever is not of faith is sin) You can sense condemnation in you even when God is not condemning you. Our conscience is built into every man so he can know when he does wrong or right. Only the blood of Jesus Christ can take away that condemnation.

1Jn 3:20 that if our conscience condemns us, that God is greater than our conscience and knows all things.
    1Jn 3:21 Dear friends, if our conscience does not condemn us, we have confidence in the presence of God, (NET)
    I have always liked these two verses and find it interesting that God covering Adam and Eve with animal skins (They did not do this themselves, but God showed them.)
    He had to kill animal(s). Now imagining that God had never told them go ahead and eat animals (Scripture does not say) Here are Adam and Eve seeing God shed blood of animals to use their skin as covering. Animals Adam named himself.
    It seems uncanny that when the law did arrive on the scene later, it was the blood of animal sacrifice that "covered their sins" through Mosaic law year to year.

It was merely a covering, but through Christ our sins are completely erased, as if they never were!!!
    This is the truth, that we can walk boldy up to the throne of grace in confession of sin knowing it will be completely washed clean along with it our conscience. Amen. Good resurrected thread.
    Peace to you!

Psalms 138:7-8
    Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life;
    you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.
    The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
    Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    I have always liked these two verses and find it interesting that God covering Adam and Eve with animal skins (They did not do this themselves, but God showed them.)
    He had to kill animal(s). Now imagining that God had never told them go ahead and eat animals (Scripture does not say) Here are Adam and Eve seeing God shed blood of animals to use their skin as covering. Animals Adam named himself.
    It seems uncanny that when the law did arrive on the scene later, it was the blood of animal sacrifice that "covered their sins" through Mosaic law year to year.

It was merely a covering, but through Christ our sins are completely erased, as if they never were!!!
    This is the truth, that we can walk boldy up to the throne of grace in confession of sin knowing it will be completely washed clean along with it our conscience. Amen. Good resurrected thread.
    It is also very interesting that Adam and Eve must have been covered by something else before they sinned. I think I know what it was...

Psa 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    Psa 8:5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (ESV)

It seems Adam and Eve must have been crowned with Glory and honor before they fell, and now they discovered that they were now naked.

John 8:12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”

Jesus said this to His disciples:

Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

He says we are to let our light shine before men in such a way that men may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in heaven. This is what God purposed us for, it's about Him, it's not all about us receiving salvation, although we do, it is about men glorifying our Father who is in heaven.
    CIM,

I can't tell you how much I appreciate and value this post from you. Praise God for the wisdom He has giving you in proclaiming this truth!
    "Enter by the Narrow Gate...
    Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way...
    ... there are few who find it."

-----------------------------------------------

* All Scripture when quoted is taken from:

The New American Standard Bible®,
    Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973,
    1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation
    Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

Italics, bold, color and/or underline are added for emphasis

Thread Information