cure-real
Page 1 of 25 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Innocent teen shoot and killed;police do nothing

Angry Innocent teen shoot and killed;police do nothing

What Everyone Should Know About Trayvon Martin (1995-2012)

This is maddness! Why hasn't this man been charged for murder? It appears that there will always be some kind of profiling and injustice in this country. Jesus needs to come back soon. I though it was the year 2012, not the 1950s
    Jesus Lives
    Jesús vive
    Iesu wa ikite iru

PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD! (Eph 6:11)

Blog Entries

Re: Innocent teen shoot and killed;police do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Christ Warrior View Post

This is maddness! Why hasn't this man been charged for murder? It appears that there will always be some kind of profiling and injustice in this country. Jesus needs to come back soon. I though it was the year 2012, not the 1950s
    To be arrested one must break the law.

As I wasn't there and have no inside information I can only go by the news reports.

The news reports say that a grown man with a gun, who had been instructed by the 911 operators not to follow the young man he called about by the way, followed a 17 yr old kid who was walking around with a bag of candy eventually confronted the kid and shot him dead.

And the claim is that it was self defense? Are you kidding me?
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Christ Warrior View Post

There is a process called "investigation." If you researched this story a bit more, you might find that the reason police have not taken action is they are awaiting the results of an FBI investigation of civil rights violation. Chill out and let "due process" do its thing.

Blog Entries

Very sad I pray that justice is done and this man is arrested for murdering this poor boy!

blessings to you
    My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
    ------
    "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    As I wasn't there and have no inside information I can only go by the news reports.

The news reports say that a grown man with a gun, who had been instructed by the 911 operators not to follow the young man he called about by the way, followed a 17 yr old kid who was walking around with a bag of candy eventually confronted the kid and shot him dead.

....while (according to neighbours and 911 calls) the kid pleaded for his life.

Yup! Self defense at its finest!
    My love for God is only as much as the love I have for the person I love the least!

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
    ― John F. Kennedy

Blog Entries

Is there a law that states a person has to follow the instructions of a 911 operator? Is there a law that defines a 17 year with a bag of candy is exempt from being confronted?

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just trying to separate the hypervely from the legal issues.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kistan View Post
    ....while (according to neighbours and 911 calls) the kid pleaded for his life.

Yup! Self defense at its finest!
    That testimony will be presented if true, so let's allow proper investigation by proper law enforcement, and due process to take precident over the lynch mob mentality. A black guard shooting a white kid "carryng a bag of candy" would be allowed the exact same application of the law, due process and protection from a lynch mob. Perhaps elevating the case to the feds, thus allowing due process of law to be applied is the plan. But I do know this - armchair lawyers are dangerous at best.

Remember it was the same mob mentality that dragged the adultress before Jesus.

Lynch mob mentality? Not on my part.

I'm questioning why the man wasn't arrested for shooting and killing a 17 year old kid who was armed with nothing more than a bag of candy and a drink.

I'm all for police and the courts of law. I thank God for the police departments and the brave men and woman who put their lives on the line to enforce the laws and protect us (And the many other good things they do in our communities) Without them there would be anarchy.

But they aren't above being questioned when something like this happens. Reason and common sense still have a viable place in America don't they?

No one here has a mob mentality.

I think there's a difference between protecting his rights of 'due process' as an American citizen... and protecting him against very justified accusations. You can protect him for his right to 'due process', but when the people who personally know the guy all agree that he was a trigger-happy paranoid and exhibited racist behaviors, the people have a right to call for justice when an unarmed minor (whom everyone agrees what kind, intelligent, and cheerful) is suddenly gunned down. After witnesses claim they heard that kid crying for help. After the police dispatch told the guy with the gun in the car in the rain in the dark to not follow the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by markedward View Post
    No one here has a mob mentality.

I think there's a difference between protecting his rights of 'due process' as an American citizen... and protecting him against very justified accusations. You can protect him for his right to 'due process', but when the people who personally know the guy all agree that he was a trigger-happy paranoid and exhibited racist behaviors, the people have a right to call for justice when an unarmed minor (whom everyone agrees what kind, intelligent, and cheerful) is suddenly gunned down. After witnesses claim they heard that kid crying for help. After the police dispatch told the guy with the gun in the car in the rain in the dark to not follow the kid.
    When the justice system runs its course, justice will be done.
    My problem looking at this type thing is that as a police officer, I know that in many cases the story on the news and what actually happened are usually about 155 degrees apart.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Is there a law that states a person has to follow the instructions of a 911 operator? Is there a law that defines a 17 year with a bag of candy is exempt from being confronted?

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just trying to separate the hypervely from the legal issues.
    911 operators usually give advice that I would NOT follow.

Lynch mob mentality? Not on my part.

I'm questioning why the man wasn't arrested for shooting and killing a 17 year old kid who was armed with nothing more than a bag of candy and a drink.

I'm all for police and the courts of law. I thank God for the police departments and the brave men and woman who put their lives on the line to enforce the laws and protect us (And the many other good things they do in our communities) Without them there would be anarchy.

But they aren't above being questioned when something like this happens. Reason and common sense still have a viable place in America don't they?
    What is wrong with letting justice take its course?
    How many times have we seen public outrage and demand to prosecute a person who is later found not guilty in court? There have been many times that we have not arrested a person that killed another for murder. We have taken it to the grand jury and let them make the determination as to whether or not to charge. In cases of alleged "Self defense" it is quite common to not arrest until the grand jury indites the person.

Yeah I'm also a adopting a "wait and see" attitude.
    As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit who is on you, and My words that I have put in your mouth, will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouth of your children, or from the mouth of your children's children, from now on and forever," says the LORD.

Isaiah 59:21

And like I wrote

But they aren't above being questioned when something like this happens.
    What you've said Reynolds is another side of the story.

It sounds like a flimsy cover your brother answer in this case to me --However-- I'm not an officer of the law or a lawyer so take that with a grain of salt eh?

You being an officer of the law your words are like a ton of bricks compared to the weight of a feather as far as your experience in these matters compared to mine goes.

Thread Information