cure-real
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Innocent teen shoot and killed;police do nothing

Re: Innocent teen shoot and killed;police do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Well, you know what they say about discussing politics and religion.
    Alas, this is neither.
    For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.

Deuteronomy 4:31

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Alas, this is neither.
    Gun control is though and that is what brought it out.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Gun control is though and that is what brought it out.
    I don't see it as a gun control issue. It's a law enforcement issue. If they arrested him the way the homicide investigator wanted there would be no discussion.
    For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.

Deuteronomy 4:31

I don't see it as a gun control issue. It's a law enforcement issue. If they arrested him the way the homicide investigator wanted there would be no discussion.
    Oh man. Sorry for the confusion. I agree with you this incident isn't political. I mean the concept of gun control is. Sorry about that.

I thought in the video he was handcuffed. So it seems someone thought he needed to be arrested. Maybe I didn't see the video right, but wasn't he cuffed? If so, a higher up told the cops to change it.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Oh man. Sorry for the confusion. I agree with you this incident isn't political. I mean the concept of gun control is. Sorry about that.

I thought in the video he was handcuffed. So it seems someone thought he needed to be arrested. Maybe I didn't see the video right, but wasn't he cuffed? If so, a higher up told the cops to change it.
    Probably routine to control the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Probably routine to control the situation.
    Can you be cuffed without being arrested?
    NASU

Blog Entries

You really had to go there?
    My comment was insensitive and inappropriate. Please accept my apology.

Blog Entries

I believe you can be. Reynolds would know for sure.

[QUOTE=Brother Mark;2828860]Can you be cuffed without being arrested?[/QUOTE

Yes, you can. Depends on departmental procedures and the officers at the scene.

That's how you brush off another cop's assertion? Nice.
    Fenris, if the case was a good case, the D.A. would want to prosecute it.

Grass on his back and lumps on his head means he was justified in using deadly physical force?

This has been a real eye opener. I understand that anti-gun crowd much better now. If people can walk around pumping rounds into each other on the flimsiest pretext of "it was self-defense" then it would be better if no one had guns...
    Then we would have the same incidents involving knives.

Since when does an officer trump a judge and a District Attorney?
    Fenris, this is simple. You do not arrest people if you can not convict them. Period!
    I am glad I was not lead detective on the case I referenced earlier or I would not be batting 1000.
    When you arrest someone, you have a duty to be sure that person is guilty. Good Cops do not go around locking up people on shaky cases.

I believe you can be. Reynolds would know for sure.
    You can be cuffed without being charged with a crime. The courts are all over the place on what actually constitues an "arrest."
    Using the most current case law, they are under arrest if the cuffs are on because their freedom of movement has been taken away from them. When the cuffs are on, they are not free to leave. At any time, you can take the cuffs off of them and un-arrest them.
    Zimmerman was most likely brought in on the grounds of "investigative detention" which is technically an arrest without charges being filed at the time of the arrest.

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces

No.

An arrest is where an individual is being restrained and has no freedom of movement. You can, of course, be arrested and not charged, and the actual particulars of what constitutes an arrest can, and often is, challenged in courts.

*edit* Reynolds beat me
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Blog Entries

I think it's fair to apply the legal system to this case, fair to weigh in on the attitudes of wanna-be cops and wanna-be gangsta's. I think that is a legitimate discussion. I think the pattern of actions of George Zimmerman is part of this evaluation, and I think that is fair in a public forum.What is wrong (Fenris, you didn't engage in this) is using this incident as a springboard for political gain or to forment hate and racial tension. Enough witnesses have come forward and asserted that Zimmerman is not a racists, in fact he is said to have mentored many black kids. He is a democrat, yet he has been characterdized by Al Sharpton and gang as a racist thug who probably has membership in the KKK. The New Black Panther party has a $10,000.00 bounty on his head.Spike Lee has posted an address for Zimmerman on his Twitter account that turned out to be the home of an elderly couple who have no relationship to anyone involved, none what-so-ever, but they are now in hiding thanks to these irresponsible jerks and opportunists. The Media does not get a pass. This is the journalism at its worse.And the stench trails all the way to the POTUS, who constantly picks and chooses who he condemns in the name of 'civility' while saying NOTHING about a $10,000 bounty on an American Citizen's head by a racist group or the foul language and characterizations of arrogant leftist people like Bill Moyer. Does anyone think that Obama would be able to restrain his polkitical posturing and divisive rhetoric if the KKK put a bounty on a black person who shot a white person? No way.Zimmerman may be guilty of stupidity and possibly manslaughter, but the leftists that seized on this tragedy for political posturing and formenting tension, literally making details up about this event that could lead to more innocent lives being lost should be investigated for hate crimes.
    There is alot of conflicting information as to exactly what happened on that night and honestly it is something to be sorted out by the local police and courts as deemed necessary under the law. The more I hear the less I believe. I know a teen died that night and now the black racists are circling overhead to create a fresh tally of victims of their make believe racial issue. Here we have the likes of Al Sharpton, Loius Farakahn, Jessie Jackson, the black panthers, and even the POTUS, exploiting this kids death in order to fan the flames of hate on a black vs white racial adgenda. By the time this is put to rest many lives will be distroyed by the hate that is festering over this case. Spike Lee tweeted what he thought was Zimmermans address. The address did not belong to Zimmerman but to an elderly couple in their 70s who have to hide for fear of their lives from a blood thirsty linch mob of angry black terrorists whipped up into a feeding frenzy. Here is the black panthers offering up a bounty on Zimmermans head and nothing is being said nor done to them. Obama claims Treyvon to be a son -- really? Eric Holder is just going to sit on his hands and look the other way AGAIN? with bounty prices on Zimmermans head and such a blatent display of black concentric racisim somebody owes the New Orlenes Saints coaching staff and the KKK a big fat apology. Racisim is evil wether it comes from the black panthers or the KKK it all has the same stink to it. It is really sad to see the evil exploits going on over this issue all to further divide America and take away the second amendment rights of this countrys citizens. I see this whole thing as a smoke screen laid out by the left to suck all the oxygen out of the room so that there is no media space for issues that truely affect the lives of every American. Important issues like high gas prices, Obama care, Obamas failed energy policy all can be swept aside while the whole country tears its self apart over Treyvons death. - - - - Dravenhawk
    Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the people than a standing army -- Thomas Jefferson.

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic -- Benjamin Franklin.

"Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again" -- Unknown author. -- >> Psa. 109:8 Let his days be few, And let another take his office.

Thread Information