cure-real

Thread: How To Witness To Muslims that Yahweh And Alllah are NOT same God!

How To Witness To Muslims that Yahweh And Alllah are NOT same God!

As we do need to be mindful that though they claim to worship God, its NOT the God of the Bible!What verses would you share with them on this?
    Last edited by Yahweh1; Mar 22nd 2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: change Titkle wording

Blog Entries

Re: How To Witness To Muslims that Yahweh And Alllah are NOT same God!

Sharing verses from the Bible is unlikely to be productive, as a Muslim will simply claim that the OT and NT were corrupted and that was the reason God had to send Mohammed. Apparently even God is so weak it took him three goes to get it right, but they tend to get agitated if you put it that way.

One thing I've come across a few times talking to Muslims is that when Jesus referred to the Comforter he would send, they say he was talking about Mohammed. The argument doesn't stand up too well because it's clearly demonstrable that Mohammed doesn't "abide with us forever" as Jesus promised.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries

The best way to witness to Muslims is to love them unconditionally.

I would tell them that Muhammad was a pagan before his"experience" in the cave. But definitely Muhammads father was a pagan, a man given charge to look after the pagan idols set up in Mecca. And that they should ba assured that Muhammads Grand father was a pagan.

So once this is established you can ask this question.

Why did the pagan worshiping grandfather of Muhammad name one of his sons, the uncle of Muhammad, "Obiedallah" which means "Servant of Allah"? Why because the pagan grandfather of Muhammad named his son after one of the Idols.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

You witness to Muslims the same way you witness to anyone else.

By sharing the good news of the gospel and Jesus Christ. You tell them the truth and they will hear and accept it or they will deny it and hate you for it.
    Just as I am, without one plea, but that thy blood
    was shed for me, and that thou bidst me come to thee,
    Lamb of God, I come, I come.

This is a beautiful story of a Muslim who converted to Christianity.

It was love that done it.

Short video.

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/inde.../vod/AL32v1_WS
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Heard a Former Muslim, now bible proffessor at seminary, state that what got him was question why honor jesus a a great prophet, as he claimed to be God?

Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh1 View Post
    Heard a Former Muslim, now bible proffessor at seminary, state that what got him was question why honor jesus a a great prophet, as he claimed to be God?
    That's basically what I put together in a tract I have been using to reach Muslims.

First, it questions why they would even bother calling Jesus a "Prophet" if they refuse to believe what he said about himself....Do prophets lie??
    Then it lists all the statements by Jesus showing his diety:

" He that has seen me has seen the Father" - Jesus (Jn. 14:9)
    " Believe thou not that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself, but the FATHER THAT DWELLS IN ME....." - Jesus (John 14:10-11)
    " I and my Father are one"- Jesus
    " Before Abraham was, I Am".- Jesus

..as well as...
    " I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life; no man can come to the Father except through me". -- Jesus Christ (Jn. 14:6)

It is good to remember that God's Word "shall not return void, but it shall accomplish the purpose for which it is sent..." (Isaiah)

Faithful

--- Unfortunately, may so called 'christians' are far more like muslims than they realize....since they don't accept the fact that Jesus is God either. ---

Quote Originally Posted by Faithful One View Post
    That's basically what I put together in a tract I have been using to reach Muslims.

First, it questions why they would even bother calling Jesus a "Prophet" if they refuse to believe what he said about himself....Do prophets lie??
    Then it lists all the statements by Jesus showing his diety:

" He that has seen me has seen the Father" - Jesus (Jn. 14:9)
    " Believe thou not that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself, but the FATHER THAT DWELLS IN ME....." - Jesus (John 14:10-11)
    " I and my Father are one"- Jesus
    " Before Abraham was, I Am".- Jesus

..as well as...
    " I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life; no man can come to the Father except through me". -- Jesus Christ (Jn. 14:6)

It is good to remember that God's Word "shall not return void, but it shall accomplish the purpose for which it is sent..." (Isaiah)

Faithful

--- Unfortunately, may so called 'christians' are far more like muslims than they realize....since they don't accept the fact that Jesus is God either. ---
    The problem you will have with using the Bible to prove the bible, is that Muslims do not believe the Bible is true.

Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet who prophesied the coming of Muhammad, and preached obedience to the Law (Islam is very legalistic). They say Jesus did not die on the cross, but someone who looked like Jesus dies instead.

There are some very interesting things about Jesus in the Koran that are very inconsistent with their view of Jesus being a prophet like Muhammad. Things that put Jesus on a level above Muhammad. (Satan let a little bit of truth slip by.)

The following is from a document I have been putting together on witnessing to Muslims. Use whatever of it may be helpful.

So, what characteristics would we look for in Jesus that might raise doubts in the mind of a Muslim?

1. That the coming of Jesus was prophesied.
    2. That his coming was miraculous.
    3. That Jesus’ life include miracles.
    4. That Jesus life was without sin.
    5. That Jesus’ teachings would be timeless.
    6. That Jesus would conquer death.

Can any of this be found in the Koran?

The Koran agrees that the coming of Jesus was indeed an act of God.

5:46. And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.
    Compare with Mat 5:17, Luk 24:44.

It is important to note here another important difference between the Koran and the Bible. In the Koran, there is not a single prophesy. About a third of the Bible is prophetic.

The Koran agrees to the virgin birth of Jesus. Jesus’ coming is supernatural. It is a miracle. This is hard to explain without accepting the divinity of Jesus.

003.045 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;

003.046 "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."

003.047 She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, ‘Be,’ and it is!
    This is a clear statement that Jesus was born without a human father. Without a human father, Jesus must be the Son of God!

Note also that it is an angel who calls Jesus the “Christ”. Christ means “anointed one”, or Messiah. Muhammad doesn't get such a term.

Here, Muhammad rejects the Trinity, and the divinity of Jesus, but still refers to Jesus as the Christ, the Messiah:

004.171 O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
    Muhammad had no miraculous birth. He was just a man. There was no angel bring glad tidings of Muhammad’s birth.

In the Koran, Jesus performs miracles. He heals the sick.

003.049 "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "’I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah’s leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah’s leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;
    The particular miracle of turning a clay bird into a real bird comes from an apocryphal gospel. Otherwise, this Ayat is correct.

In the Koran, Jesus is without sin. (see the Isma doctrine). There is a Hadith that says “Every child born of Adam is touched by Satan the day his mother is delivered of him with the exception of Mary and her son.”

The timeliness of Jesus’ teachings can be evidenced by the fact that today there are still more Christians than Muslims. The problem here is that Muslims do not agree with Jesus teachings.

Does the Koran say that Jesus conquered death? Yes! The Koran states Jesus was not crucified, but that God “raised Him up unto Himself”.

004.157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    004.158 Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
    This is similar to Enoch. Jesus was raised into heaven. Muhammad died and is buried in Medina.

All of the characteristics that point to the divinity of Jesus, and to Jesus as a Messiah, are actually in the Koran. The Koran is contradictory. One cannot have these characteristics of Jesus without also accepting his superiority over Muhammad.
    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    You witness to Muslims the same way you witness to anyone else.

By sharing the good news of the gospel and Jesus Christ. You tell them the truth and they will hear and accept it or they will deny it and hate you for it.
    Very good advise! Their main disagreement is that Jesus is not God, but their Koran says that they believe in the gospels(they call it, the injil), but focus on what Brian said, that will do just fine.

Thread Information