cure-real
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did Jesus promote violence?

Bible Says To Obey Your Government

Romans 13:1
    [ Submission to the Authorities ] Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Romans 13:6
    This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing.

Is not obeying your government a sin against God?

Ok so for example, The government tell you to stop on the stop sign, But you don't, Is that a sin?

And what if you like did not pay your taxes, Is that a sin?
    Come, Lord Jesus

I Have given them the glory that you gave me, That they may be one as we are one: I in Them And You In Me. May they be brought to complete unityto let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me -Lord Jesus: John 17:22,23

JESUS: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

If the human authorities (family,state,country, etc.) have rules / laws.
    You are to follow them or yes you will be sinning.
    The ONLY exception to this is if the human authorities tell you to do / ok something that is contrary to God's Law + Commands.
    In that case, you must follow God's Law + Commands even if it means inconvenience , earthly punishment , pain or even death.
    Because God is the True and Final authority over ALL.
    And not following Him and His Word would be a VERY BIG SIN.
    "Love is not about you...and it never was"
    "Selfishness is inwardly focused, but Love is Always outwardly focused!"

I am very anti-abortion, anti-murder, and Pro-Love.
    Gotta stop repeating myself...

Stop Marfan - The Silent but deadly killer.
    It's main weapon is lack of truth.
    Please learn the truth about the Marfan syndrome
    by visiting The National Marfan Foundation.
    Feel free to ask me any questions you may have
    about the Marfan syndrome and I will answer them
    the best I can.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SammeyDW View Post
    If the human authorities (family,state,country, etc.) have rules / laws.
    You are to follow them or yes you will be sinning.
    The ONLY exception to this is if the human authorities tell you to do / ok something that is contrary to God's Law + Commands.
    In that case, you must follow God's Law + Commands even if it means inconvenience , earthly punishment , pain or even death.
    Because God is the True and Final authority over ALL.
    And not following Him and His Word would be a VERY BIG SIN.
    There appears to be only one time that Jesus taught that you are to disobey the law of the land:

LK 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

In Jesus' time, only a citizen of the Roman Empire may possess a weapon, and they were required to do so. That is why telling his followers to buy a weapon made Him a transgressor.
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    There appears to be only one time that Jesus taught that you are to disobey the law of the land:

LK 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

In Jesus' time, only a citizen of the Roman Empire may possess a weapon, and they were required to do so. That is why telling his followers to buy a weapon made Him a transgressor.
    Dan,

What is the source for your information regarding Romans citizens being required to carry a weapon?

Blog Entries
    Romans 13:1-6 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
    Notice that the powers that are of God are terrors to evil.

Those rulers that are set in office that are corrupt, that turn their eyes to wrongdoing; i.e., rulers that side with homosexuality, rulers that side with abortion, rulers that aid and abet terrorists... these rulers were not set up by God.

The rulers God puts in position are a terror to evil and would not side with homosexuality, abortion, etc..

People in the Old Testament cried for a king, the demanded a king to rule over them. God gave them a king. They did not need the king, they had judges God had appointed but they were not satisfied.

People cried for a POTUS who promised change. They got what they wanted because of the popular vote... but not what they needed.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
    Those that have rule over us are those who watch for our souls. Rulers who side with evil are not watching for our souls, bur rather seeking to devour our souls.

Blog Entries

1 Peter 2:21-22 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
    Since the Word of God tells us sin is the transgression of the law, and also tells us Jesus did no sin, we can therefore conclude that Jesus did not transgress the law.

Jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderRobey View Post
    Since the Word of God tells us sin is the transgression of the law, and also tells us Jesus did no sin, we can therefore conclude that Jesus did not transgress the law.
    ...Was referring to the law of the land at the present time. He must be known as a transgressor of the law that was in effect at that time in which He lived.

Remember that the law of the land at that time was the Roman Law.

And, by the way, the book of Roman Law that used to be in the Library is gone, and I can't find it, it seems.
    PROV 21:3 To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to Jehovah than sacrifice.-American Standard Version 1901

MT 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

As opposed to the bad man that does nothing?

AMOS 6:3 Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near;

GAL 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedan View Post
    Romans 13:1
    [ Submission to the Authorities ] Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Romans 13:6
    This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing.

Is not obeying your government a sin against God?

Ok so for example, The government tell you to stop on the stop sign, But you don't, Is that a sin?

And what if you like did not pay your taxes, Is that a sin?
    That would be as long as what they expect us to do is not against the will of God and that would cause us to lose our souls.

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The beast will have authority over all that dwell on the earth;

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Will we submit to the beast?

Firstfruits

Blog Entries
    We are to submit. We must either abide by the decrees or we must accept the result. We are not to speak as though some thing were good when it is not good, nor support those things that are clearly contrary to the conduct of a follower of Christ.

When we are presented with the worlds altar... we are not to bow.

Oh Lord, help us to see where that altar is presented. Oh Lord work in the hearts of the wicked rulers we appoint and You allow. Help us oh Lord, we call out to You.

Blog Entries
    We are to submit to the authorities God set in place. God did not set authorities in place who are a terror to good works, but to evil works.

Blog Entries
    ...Was referring to the law of the land at the present time. He must be known as a transgressor of the law that was in effect at that time in which He lived.

Remember that the law of the land at that time was the Roman Law.

And, by the way, the book of Roman Law that used to be in the Library is gone, and I can't find it, it seems.
    The Roman law was not God's law. God owns the land, not the Romans. Jesus did not transgress the law. He came to do God's will.

Blog Entries
    Paul isn't talking about the Roman government authority as they were considered to be apostles of satan. Paul was speaking to elders and such in the Synagogues. The reason is because in a lot of Synagogues, and the Temple, there was access to areas and practices that the Goyim couldn't participate in and it caused a disturbance and mistrust.

It had nothing to do with the Roman government.

So is it a sin to not do what the government tells you to do, Like if someone does not stop on a red light, Is that a sin?
    Come, Lord Jesus

I Have given them the glory that you gave me, That they may be one as we are one: I in Them And You In Me. May they be brought to complete unityto let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me -Lord Jesus: John 17:22,23

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedan View Post
    So is it a sin to not do what the government tells you to do, Like if someone does not stop on a red light, Is that a sin?
    Red lights are there for public safety. Best to esteem others better than ourselves and follow traffic laws.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderRobey View Post
    Red lights are there for public safety. Best to esteem others better than ourselves and follow traffic laws.
    Ok, So basically, Do you think its a sin to not do what your Government tells you?
    Come, Lord Jesus

Thread Information