cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all fellow Boxing fans

Blog Entries

Re: For all fellow Boxing fans

"it was on the beltline"

Say WHAT?

Peace

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Blog Entries

Yeah, there might as well have been a bull's-eye painted on the poor guy's crotch! There's no question in my mind that there was willful injustice involved in that officiating. The only question is, whether money change hands.

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

A slight left turn here but still a pretty neat tidbit to share. A buddy of mine happened upon Muhammed Ali roughly ten yrs. ago in a motel foyer. Naturally, my buddy was pretty excited and honoured to see Ali face to face and told Ali as much in their brief (one-sided) conversation. Something to this effect .... It's an honour to meet you champ. I recall him telling me that he made it a point to call him champ. Ali was sitting at the time and signalled my buddy to sit beside him. This is where it gets good. Really good ! Ali proceeded to draw on my buddy's T-shirt a "stick people" caricature of his bout with Smokin' Joe Frazier .... the "Thrilla in Manilla". I've been told that he's done this on a few occasions throughout his travels. Anyways, needless to say, my buddy treasures that piece greatly. Who wouldn't ? If ever there was a keepsake, huh ?? True story
    "There, but for the grace of God, go I."

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's pretty cool; I'd love to meet him in person. A friend of mine once met Frazier. Ali always seemed to be a genuinely good person, pretentious despite his millions, and totally devoted to his faith. And that's what saddens me about him. He is convinced that he is ready for eternity when he is not. If he had been as zealous a Christian as he is a Muslim, just think of the souls he may have helped bring into the kingdom of God!

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner55 View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty cool; I'd love to meet him in person. A friend of mine once met Frazier. Ali always seemed to be a genuinely good person, unpretentious, despite his millions, and totally devoted to his faith. And that's what saddens me about him: he is convinced that he is ready for eternity when he is not. If he had been as zealous a Christian as he is a Muslim, just think of the souls he may have helped bring into the kingdom of God!
    Amen to that
    Last edited by Sojourner55; Apr 13th 2012 at 11:20 PM.
    "There, but for the grace of God, go I."

Blog Entries

I've liked Manny Pacquiao for several years as he's climbed through the ranks Now there's even more reason to respect him: he's joined other Christian sports celebrities like Tim Tebow in using his popularity to focus attention on Jesus.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/201...for-the-Faith/

Blog Entries

Round 9 of Gatti vs Ward I was one of the most brutal, back-and-forth rounds in the history of boxing:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.

Thread Information