cure-real

View Poll Results: When was the year of the Cross?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • AD 29

0 0%
  • AD 30

7 63.64%
  • AD 31

2 18.18%
  • AD 32

1 9.09%
  • AD 33

1 9.09%
  • AD 34

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Poll - date the Cross

Blog Entries

Easter Poll - date the Cross

It's getting near Easter! We celebrate the cross and resurrection because it was the apex of human history. We agree that the earth-shattering sacrifice on Calvary was the fulfilment of that which was written.

Why is it then that there isn't unanimous agreement about the date of the crucifixion? Experts differ from approximately AD 27 to AD 36 as to when it happened and followers say it doesn't matter much anyway. It does matter. It is the center point of prophecy! Entire prophetic systems stand or fall on correct timing as it concerns the chronology of the cross.

So when? Exactly when was it?

Blog here:
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Blog Entries

Re: Easter Poll - date the Cross

It does not matter to myself what the exact date that it happened was. The fact that it happened is all that matters So I will abstain from voting.

In Him,

CC

Romans 8:15-17
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

The exact year is irrelevant... and we will probably never know, since calendars have been goofed up so many times there's no way to compensate for it all.

I think the only 'prophetic systems' that it necessarily matters to are the ones who see a systematic timeline being presented in the Bible (invariably tied up with Daniel 9). For 'prophetic systems' that don't rely on those timelines and charts and graphs and such... the exact year simply doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that it happened: the victory of Christ on the cross.

Buuut... based on the textual evidence of Scripture and external sources, and what our calendars are set to now, I think 30 AD is the most likely year.

Well I would echo that the calendar system had errors which makes it hard to determine what year for anything. With that said I could still come to the year 30AD as the acceptable year of the Lord.

Blog Entries

• Collapse World Trade Centre - Sep 11 2001
    • Bastile Day (France) - July 14 1790
    • Independence Day (USA) - July 4 1776
    • Sign Magna Charta (England) - June 15 1215

• Reconciliation of the World - When ??
    "Your name and renown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beckrl View Post
    Well I would echo that the calendar system had errors which makes it hard to determine what year for anything. With that said I could still come to the year 30AD as the acceptable year of the Lord.
    So, if the calander is messed up, could that make me younger...
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Blog Entries

I believe it happened in 28 A.D.

I didn't vote because I don't have an exact guess. However my current leaning is either AD 30 or AD 33.

I figure there's differences in dates because we either lack sufficient documentation or don't correctly interpret what documentation we have. Like, we don't have the original manuscripts of the Gospels as far as I know, but it's a safe bet that they were written between AD 60 and AD 85, with John being the last.
    Dext3r Ministries, my ministry blog.

Epic God is epic!

You are the Lord, our God. May I live by faith for you.

It must be in a year that the Passover occurred on Wednesday. There was exactly three days and three nights between His death and burial and the resurrection. There were also two Sabbaths between those events, one a High Day. This narrows down the search. Now we must have a year that the Passover occurred on Wednesday, and the First Day of Unleavened Bread occurred on Thursday (the women rested according to the commandment). Next the prepared spices and ointments for the body (this occurred on Friday). Now then they went to the tomb on Sunday morning to finally apply these dressings to the body but there was no body, He was already gone. So find a year with Passover on Wednesday, that is 486-1/2 years from the decree of Artaxerxes and you have a winner.

Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    It's getting near Easter! We celebrate the cross and resurrection because it was the apex of human history. We agree that the earth-shattering sacrifice on Calvary was the fulfilment of that which was written.

Why is it then that there isn't unanimous agreement about the date of the crucifixion? Experts differ from approximately AD 27 to AD 36 as to when it happened and followers say it doesn't matter much anyway. It does matter. It is the center point of prophecy! Entire prophetic systems stand or fall on correct timing as it concerns the chronology of the cross.

So when? Exactly when was it?

Blog here:
    I found your article to be pretty convincing so I lean towards thinking it was AD 30. But I'm not sure why you believe that is so important. I read your blog post and the full article that your blog linked to but I still didn't see why you think the exact date is so significant. I assume your claim that "it does matter" has something to do with Daniel's 70 week prophecy and the timing of it?

Why is the date important?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee
    It does not matter to myself what the exact date that it happened was. The fact that it happened is all that matters
    Quote Originally Posted by tea View Post
    Why is the date important?
    Let me ask you, why is July 4 1776 important? You celebrate it every year so Im told. What are you trying to remember?
    "Your name and renown

Blog Entries

Let me ask you, why is July 4 1776 important? You celebrate it every year so Im told. What are you trying to remember?
    I understand what your trying to say. I really do. However, the date Jesus died is not as important as the fact He died, and rose again. Besides, the 4th may be when we celebrate, but the Deceleration of Independence was ratified on July 2nd. So we even have the birth of our country wrong.
    Rich Mullins

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I understand what your trying to say. I really do. However, the date Jesus died is not as important as the fact He died, and rose again. Besides, the 4th may be when we celebrate, but the Deceleration of Independence was ratified on July 2nd. So we even have the birth of our country wrong.
    Cannot understand why the birth of a country is important.

No, I don't celebrate it at all, i mourn over it.(I take it you are talking about you in the plural?)

Thread Information