cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Christianity more logical than atheism........?

Question Is Christianity more logical than atheism........?

Is Christianity more logical than atheism and if so why do you believe that Christianity is more logical than atheism?

Re: Is Christianity more logicam than atheism........?

Christianity is not a matter of logic. That's not to say Christianity is illogical, however. To answer your question, the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLUMINATI View Post
    Is Christianity more logical than atheism and if so why do you believe that Christianity is more logical than atheism?
    Atheism requires blind faith, with zero proof, while Christianity has many proofs. Thus, Atheism is illogical.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KILLUMINATI View Post
    Of course it makes more sense than atheism. It explains the root of our suffering condition as humans. It tells a story of a loving Father who tries to tell His children, over and over again, "Stay away from the evil stuff, it'll kill you!"

Where as atheism says that there is no good or evil, we're creatures of evolution and instinct. Our emotions are related to our animal past, our sense of pain related to being an animal of prey in times long past. As we learned to use tools, like the femur bone of a fallen animal, to defend ourselves. Our ancient ancestors worshiped stone idols, and other such things. Therefore, religion sort of evolved like we humans did over time, they reason. The whole atheist plot is spelled out in films such as "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "The Planet of the Apes". It's not hard to imagine these sci-fi gurus out there thinking of plots that don't include a God. Always notice though, how their general message is that we humans are causing our own suffering... And they're right! But not for the right reasons.

Either God exists, or He doesn't. It all boils down to choice, what you want to believe. I could tell my atheist friend a million times about how loving and caring God is, but he wouldn't listen, he made up his mind. Just plant seeds and lead by example.

Oh and I forgot to mention, how exactly this ties into the question at hand? Easily put, only one must be true if you are going to put them in competition with each other. Both can't be entirely true. By putting this question as a competition between Christianity and atheism, you're basically giving credit to atheism. You can't win that fight. Sorry. Their logic will always trump yours. Trust me... lol.
    Last edited by Ceegen; Mar 29th 2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: multiple edits, sorry.
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Consider:-
    Everything has to be made by someone. So who made all the amazing variety of living things on the earth? If they had just 'evolved' over time, why are scientists, and others, trying their hardest to copy what God has already made, to improve our lives in some way. eg. to fly or stick things .

I think that one of the real defensive moves of Atheism is that it stands for nothing. If you don't "believe" in a god... bam you are an atheist.

And so, there is no real great way to debate an atheist because they have no belief structure that sets them apart. You can't find out what they believe unless you talk to an atheist and then there is nothing to stop him from contradicting himself in any way he chooses because his beliefs hinge on nothing or anything. Also, his beliefs might be completely different from the next atheist you meet.

For instance, i know an atheist who doesn't like Christianity because God is evil and his followers have caused wars and death. When i confront him with Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, (all atheists) who have mathematically killed more people in like ten years than than the crusades did in 200 years... he has no response and that is fine. He can say... well they were not real atheists... or there is a greater population now... or it is still a better system... or those guys were crazy (implying he is not) And I have no recourse because Atheism has no standard above or beyond that there "is no God". My friend also believes in aliens. Probably because he is lonely or needs some sort of higher power. I really don't know.

It is a great built in defense. Where as, everything I believe i have to back up with the bible or i look like an idiot to this guy and even then he won't budge an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    For instance, i know an atheist who doesn't like Christianity because God is evil and his followers have caused wars and death........ And I have no recourse because Atheism has no standard above or beyond that there "is no God".
    This is the kind of illogical nonsense that amazes me. One moment they are angry at God, Whom they hate, and the next they're saying they don't believe in God. Every athiest I've talked to is angry at God Whom they don't believe in.
    It takes blind faith to believe that there is no God. Seeing that no human has ever been to every quadrant of the universe to check it out, or outside the universe if there is such a thing, there is no way to logically say there is no God. What they really mean is that they don't want there to be a God.

Blog Entries

Atheism makes many of its objections to Christianity based on evil in the world. Now the problem of evil is a serious challenge to the Christian. However, the problem of evil isn't only a Christian problem. Everyone has to deal with the problem of evil including atheists. The problem with atheism is that they not only have the problem of evil, they also have the problem of good! Where did good and evil come from?

A man cannot call a line crooked unless he has an idea of what a straight line is. Atheism borrows the moral straight line provided by theism and then proclaims theism false. However, if theism is false, then they lose their moral straight line or yardstick by which to label something good or evil.

Origins are another issue. Anything that began to exist must have a cause. The universe began to exist. Therefore, it must have a cause. Atheists often counter that if everything needs a cause then God needs a cause. However, they misquote the first premise. The premise is not everything needs a cause, but everything that begins to exist must have a cause.

Atheism is too simplistic an explanation for the universe.
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

Blog Entries

I don't know if atheism itself is void of internal logic.

But I do know that an atheist on a moral platform is nonsensical and contradictory. People wanting to cry about "good" and "evil" when in fact in a man-centered world view where it's ultimately all about self-actualization, there is no such thing as "good" or "evil" or "right" or "wrong" except as defined by the individual, since there is no supreme being and thus no universal moral code. The logical conclusion of the atheistic world view is that "might makes right". Still waiting for somebody to get honest about that rather than stomping around on nonexistent moral ground and kicking dirt in Christian's faces about the kind of God we believe in ...

Consider arguing that Atheist believe that religion is the source of every evil. Mao, pol pot and Stalin were atheists and murderers. Your protagonist will say, yes but that's communism for you. Now you can say, but if Atheism is what you think it is, should improve a person and remove evil from them and set up systems that are kind and lovimg. How is it that these systems and leaders were even worse than the religious systems they overthrew?

Try
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    I think that one of the real defensive moves of Atheism is that it stands for nothing. If you don't "believe" in a god... bam you are an atheist.

And so, there is no real great way to debate an atheist because they have no belief structure that sets them apart. You can't find out what they believe unless you talk to an atheist and then there is nothing to stop him from contradicting himself in any way he chooses because his beliefs hinge on nothing or anything. Also, his beliefs might be completely different from the next atheist you meet.

For instance, i know an atheist who doesn't like Christianity because God is evil and his followers have caused wars and death. When i confront him with Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, (all atheists) who have mathematically killed more people in like ten years than than the crusades did in 200 years... he has no response and that is fine. He can say... well they were not real atheists... or there is a greater population now... or it is still a better system... or those guys were crazy (implying he is not) And I have no recourse because Atheism has no standard above or beyond that there "is no God". My friend also believes in aliens. Probably because he is lonely or needs some sort of higher power. I really don't know.

It is a great built in defense. Where as, everything I believe i have to back up with the bible or i look like an idiot to this guy and even then he won't budge an inch.

Christianity is growing amazingly in China. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14838749
    They have had decadesoif atheistic education and violent repression. The Chinese have had the opportrinity to embrace Atheism. They have chosen Jesus Christ. It must be logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahtar View Post
    Atheism requires blind faith, with zero proof, while Christianity has many proofs. Thus, Atheism is illogical.
    Atheism is the refusal to take anything on faith without evidence. Theists believe in God through faith, not by evidence. Blessed are those who have not seen, but who have nevertheless believed.
    If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. - John 8:36

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Templar View Post
    Atheism is the refusal to take anything on faith without evidence.
    Except the belief that there is no God.

it is amazing how many atheists i meet in life and when i ask them the question they uassally respond with i believe in budhism or i believe in god but i dont go to church.but there not really truly atheist because they do believe in something inside there hearts and mind there belivers they just dont want to submit to the lord jesus christ ,it is impossible not to believe in anything .you must have a belief in somthing even if its satan himself .that these athiests believe in its still a belief .dont be fooled by there words they tell you .

do not forget that god and satan know the bible beter then we christians do ,so i will have to say that christianaty is more logical christians have salvation .

Thread Information