cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Exclamation Hello

Hello, my name is Tirapu. I am a life long non-believer. My primary reason for not believing in a supreme being is because there is no evidence to support such a thing existing. However, I am very intrigued by the fact such a large percentage of our population adamantly believes a supreme being exists. I have come here to learn and understand more about why Christians believe as they do - especially when there is no quantifiable evidence of a supreme being. And if someone can show me quantifiably that a God exists, then I will most definitely convert to Christianity. Thanks for your support.

Blog Entries

Re: Hello

Hello and welcome!

Blog Entries

Hello Tirapu!
    Welcome!
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

Blog Entries

Hello, and welcome. I believe you may be able to find answers here: and I pray that we all have meaningful dialog with you.

In Him,

CC

Romans 8:15-17
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Welcome, Tirapu. Hope you find that for which you are looking.

blessings,

Watchman
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Blog Entries

Hi Tirapu! Welcome to the board! May I suggest, that if you truly want to believe.... pray and keep praying to the Lord and ask God to "show" you.
    Last night, I dreamt that three bald ducks came into my room and started pecking at my pillows because they wanted their feathers back.

Thank you all for the welcome greetings.

I have tried to post questions in the "ask Christians" forum, but they haven't yet shown up. How long does it take?

Sedux - I have asked God to show me, but I have yet to see any evidence that a supreme being exists. (I guess if he knows everything, I don't specifically have to ask him to show me; he would already know). Why would a God who knows I want to be able to see his power not show himself to me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tirapu View Post

I have tried to post questions in the "ask Christians" forum, but they haven't yet shown up. How long does it take?

Sedux - I have asked God to show me, but I have yet to see any evidence that a supreme being exists. (I guess if he knows everything, I don't specifically have to ask him to show me; he would already know). Why would a God who knows I want to be able to see his power not show himself to me?
    I don't know why your posts would not show up, but a maod will see this soon and let you know whats up with that.

How long have you been asking to meet God?

Welcome to the forum!!!
    Formerly "Adullam" from other sites!

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

Walk in the Light! (
    התהלכו באור)

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Sorry if you are still having problems posting. I've reported this to the appropriate individuals and it will be resolved soon enough.
    And welcome to the board, I hope that through your time here you may come to truly believe on our Lord and be saved, as I am sure that is all our hope. Have fun!
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

Sedux - I have asked God to show me, but I have yet to see any evidence that a supreme being exists.
    God's evidence may be completely different than your definition of evidence.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

If you are praying for evidence that God exists, maybe you should pray for FAITH and for God to help your unbelief. Just a thought.

(I guess if he knows everything, I don't specifically have to ask him to show me; he would already know).
    God already knows - Yes. But to receive, you must seek with all your heart - and that which you are seeking must be God's will for you.

Why would a God who knows I want to be able to see his power not show himself to me?
    Patience. God's timing is not always our timing. He may very well be in the process of doing so, whether you know it or not. But God is not a genie in a bottle. He loves you and always has your best interest in mind, but that may not always be what we desire.

I pray that you will not be discouraged, and that you will continue to seek the Lord, and that He will reveal Himself to you. Again, welcome Tirapu and have a wonderful day!
    Last night, I dreamt that three bald ducks came into my room and started pecking at my pillows because they wanted their feathers back.

Hello Tirapu

I would suggest reading the Message of Jesus. I would also suggest you persist in calling out to God to reveal himself to you. But i would also say they you must be open to the possibility that God exists and be earnest in your desire to know the truth of the matter no matter what the consequences.

I hope you gain some benefit from engaging in discussions with us.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Quote Originally Posted by awestruckchild View Post
    I don't know why your posts would not show up, but a maod will see this soon and let you know whats up with that.

How long have you been asking to meet God?
    I don't exactly word it the same way you do, but I understand what you mean. Ever since I was first introduced to the concept of God (or an all-knowing, all-powerful being) when I was a child, I have wanted to see a demonstration of his power. But I have yet to see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Adstars View Post
    Hello Tirapu

I would suggest reading the Message of Jesus.
    If "the Message of Jesus" means the Bible or parts of the Bible, then I've attempted that. However, I get lost when reading the Bible, as it is difficult to tell what parts to take literally and what parts to take as allegory.

I would also suggest you persist in calling out to God to reveal himself to you.
    If "reveal himself" means to show he exists, then if he's all-knowing, then he already knows that I'm interested in seeing evidence of his existence. But I see/observe nothing? Or is it possible that I am well aware of God's existence, but I don't refer to it as "God"?

But i would also say they you must be open to the possibility that God exists and be earnest in your desire to know the truth of the matter no matter what the consequences.
    I am very open to the possibility God exists. Can one know with 100% certainty that the truth is that God exists? If so, then would that person have faith that God exists or would the faith have become knowledge?

Blog Entries

So you have been wanting to meet God since you were a child.
    Have you ever literally asked Him to let you meet Him?
    Have you ever read the New Testament?
    Have you ever reached a point in your life where you thought: life is very hard and the pain most often outweighs the joy, and if I just die and that is the end, then those people who are brave enough to end their lives are the smartest among us because it is only temporary and filled with many griefs anyway, so what is the point of the whole thing?

I guess what I am asking is: have you ever suspected that it just might be futile to spend so many years collecting things and struggling to survive when it just ends anyway?

Thread Information