cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campus Crusade Questions --- what's YOUR answer?

Hybrid View

Campus Crusade Questions --- what's YOUR answer?

From another thread --- Campus Crusade for Christ asks two questions to discern where someone is in regard to Christianity. The first question is:

"If you died right now, where would you be?"

Member "PJW" said:
    Quote Originally Posted by PJW
    "...sleep 'till the return of Jesus."
    We could argue the idea of "soul-sleep", citing Rev20:4 (they were very much awake). We could also read 2Cor5:6 & 8, that being home in the body is being absent from the Lord, and being absent from the body is to be home with the Lord...

But this is not relevant to the point of the questions. It's really trying to establish "who regards themselves as belonging to Jesus" --- ie, who is saved. Most people here and in churches would class themselves as "saved". Most people in America think they're going to Heaven.

The second question:

"Suppose there is some sort of gate, irrelevant as to whether it's the gate to God's eternal kingdom or some gate in the clouds when Jesus returns. Suppose someone stops you at that gate, and asks: "Why should YOU come in HERE?"

What would be your answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by PJW
    I'm already with Jesus. (Col 3:3) When Christ appears, I will be with Him. (Col 3:4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    Good verse.

....not quite the right answer...

"You being already there" is not the reason; what was the reason for you, behind Col3:3-4?
    (It would be the same reason that you would say to the "gate-keeper"...)

"For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory." Col3:3-4

Why are you "hidden with Christ in God"?
    What would be your answer, dear friend? Suppose you die, or suppose Jesus returns; suppose you're on your way to meet Him. You get stopped, and asked: "Why should YOU get to see Him?"

And you would say:

???

Blog Entries

Re: Campus Crusade Questions --- what's YOUR answer?

You would say....because I belong here because this is where Jesus is and He is in me and I belong to Him and He died to give me entrance?

But most people would probably say something like....I've always tried to be a good person.
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

Quote Originally Posted by awestruckchild View Post
    You would say....because I belong here because this is where Jesus is and He is in me and I belong to Him and He died to give me entrance?

But most people would probably say something like....I've always tried to be a good person.
    A few on this forum would say ..... "I deserve to be here because I was sinless from my salvation onward". Just sayin'

I would break into tears if they asked me that.

It is not what we have done that we should deserve heaven.

Oh God, have mercy, pardon me oh God and cover my sins and purify me with the blood of Christ.

How can I say, I have done this or that to deserve heaven ?

I only believe that through Christ and the mercy of God, do we receive the promise of life.

It is not what I have done. I should not be allowed entrance based on myself, but because Jesus died for me to enter this gate and I believed and prayed and walked through the world with Him at my side; I asked Him questions, and told Him my dreams and fears. I studied His Word and became a witness of His truths. Everything I am and everything I did on earth was not enough, for I am still a sinner, and the wages of sin is death--paid selflessly for me by Christ that I may enter this gate and be with my Father for eternity.

Or I would just cry and not be able to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah53:5 View Post
    It is not what I have done. I should not be allowed entrance based on myself, but because Jesus died for me to enter this gate and I believed and prayed and walked through the world with Him at my side; I asked Him questions, and told Him my dreams and fears. I studied His Word and became a witness of His truths.
    Amen. And, "It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me..." Gal2:20.
    Everything I am and everything I did on earth was not enough, for I am still a sinner, and the wages of sin is death--paid selflessly for me by Christ that I may enter this gate and be with my Father for eternity.
    Is that really true, that "you are still a sinner"? I understand what you mean --- Paul said:

"Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all." 1Tim1:15

Those of us who have united with Christ, are not walking in sin. Paul expresses it in places like Romans6:1: "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Never! How shall we who have died to sin, still live in it?"

Paul's reference "foremost sinner", or KJV "chief of sinners", reflects his former life. Robertson said:
    Quote Originally Posted by A.T.Robertson
    It is not mock humility here, but sincere appreciation of the sins of his life (cf. Romans 7:24 ) as a persecutor of the church of God ( Galatians 1:13 ), of men and even women ( Acts 22:4 ; Acts 26:11 ). He had sad memories of those days.
    When Paul said that "through Jesus we may become the righteousness of God" (2Cor5:21), he meant it.

So --- we are not free from sin, it is always a danger (1Cor10:12-13); sin can lead even beloved brethren to death (James1:14-16), if we are not diligent (Hebrews3:6-14). But we are overcomers of sin, because THE Overcomer lives in us. (1Jn2:13)

We may not be completely sinless, though it's the goal; but we very much sin less, as we grow close to Him.
    Or I would just cry and not be able to speak.
    I think you would speak --- from your words I know you; you would have an ear-to-ear grin, and you would sing His praises. There is no doubt.

Welcome to the boards, btw! Hope you'll be blessed here. There are no stupid questions --- often the question we ask is the one that dozens of others were thinking.

:-)

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

I'd say "ask Him". And then I'd point at Jesus.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING-
    "They" seem to be quite quiet at the moment.
    Yes, that's unfortunate. All posts so far have been really good; most "spot on". I was aiming for an answer that went a little farther; and I had a specific Scripture in mind.

"...because I belong here because this is where Jesus is and He is in me and I belong to Him and He died to give me entrance..."

"I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10"

"It is not what we have done that we should deserve heaven.
    Oh God, have mercy, pardon me oh God and cover my sins and purify me with the blood of Christ.
    I only believe that through Christ and the mercy of God, do we receive the promise of life."

"It is not what I have done. I should not be allowed entrance based on myself, but because Jesus died for me to enter this gate...
    ...paid selflessly for me by Christ that I may enter this gate and be with my Father for eternity."

"I'd say "ask Him". And then I'd point at Jesus..."

These are all very, very good. Anyone else?

What answer goes farther, and what Scripture(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgeteer View Post
    Yes, that's unfortunate. All posts so far have been really good; most "spot on". I was aiming for an answer that went a little farther; and I had a specific Scripture in mind.

"...because I belong here because this is where Jesus is and He is in me and I belong to Him and He died to give me entrance..."

"I will rejoice greatly in the LORD, My soul will exult in my God; For He has clothed me with garments of salvation, He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10"

"It is not what we have done that we should deserve heaven.
    I only believe that through Christ and the mercy of God, do we receive the promise of life."

"It is not what I have done. I should not be allowed entrance based on myself, but because Jesus died for me to enter this gate...
    ...paid selflessly for me by Christ that I may enter this gate and be with my Father for eternity."

"I'd say "ask Him". And then I'd point at Jesus..."

These are all very, very good. Anyone else?

What answer goes farther, and what Scripture(s)?

Perhaps John 3:16 ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    I'd say "ask Him". And then I'd point at Jesus.
    The best answer yet!
    "knowledge makes arrogant but love edifies"

Blog Entries

"They" seem to be quite quiet at the moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgeteer View Post

And you would say:
    I love God with all my heart and soul, with every fiber of my being. I want to go home. I hate all the evil of this world, and wish to leave it behind. But I have work to do here, and according to your will, O God, I will finish it before I return. Help me work in your field, show me where to sow the seed and how to water it. Teach me to be a fisher of men. Let your works be made manifest in me, that I might return home to heaven with my head held high. In Jesus' name I ask these things, Amen.
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack702
    Perhaps John 3:16 ?
    Very good verse; and I like John3:17 also --- "God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him."

Quote Originally Posted by awestruckchild
    The best answer yet!
    It was a good answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceegen View Post
    I love God with all my heart and soul, with every fiber of my being. I want to go home. I hate all the evil of this world, and wish to leave it behind. But I have work to do here, and according to your will, O God, I will finish it before I return. Help me work in your field, show me where to sow the seed and how to water it. Teach me to be a fisher of men. Let your works be made manifest in me, that I might return home to heaven with my head held high. In Jesus' name I ask these things, Amen.
    Very cool prayer.

Yet --- there is beauty in the world. The fiery pallet of color in a sunset, the happy song of birds after a spring shower, the innocence and joy of a child's laughter. And the simple joy of meaning --- mattering to another Human being, picking someone up who is down, wiping away their tears, giving them food or clothes or whatever else they need. Loving them and celebrating their fellowship when they love back, and celebrating God's fellowship whether they love back or not. Knowing that we have interfered for good in the lives of others.

The "evil one" is a pathetic figure; barred forever from joy, he tries to content himself by stealing our joy. Never fight him, for you will be on his terms; fill your heart so full of Jesus and the Spirit that there is no room for darkness. Jesus is our joy, John15:11.

In Luke10:17-19 we have power over all the forces of evil -- but the key is in verse 20, we do not rejoice that evil is subject to us, we rejoice instead in Heaven. Life is a gift. "Depression" and "bitterness" and "anger" are all synonyms for one other word --- faithlessness. Believe in Him, for He believes in you.
    "I know the plans I have for you, for prosperity and not adversity, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will come to Me and pray to Me, and I will hear you. You will seek Me and you will find Me, when you search with all your heart -- I will be found by you!" Jeremiah29:11-13!!!

Let your heart rejoice in His presence! Let your spirit sing His praises, for He is worthy. Awed by His incredible love, to have died for YOU --- each of you (and me!), simply humble yourselves and love Him back; for there is no more pure and deeper unconditional love than His.

And either when we cross through death's door, or when He comes back, we will say:

???

Thread Information