cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the third woe?

What is the third woe?

Rev 9:12
    One woe is past; [and], behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

rev 11:14
    The second woe is past; [and], behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

I can't find where it specifically tells us what the third woe is.

Blog Entries

Re: What is the third woe?

Re 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Re 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

Re 9:13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

Re 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

The third woe is the 7th trumpet.

Re 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Re 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Re 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

Re 9:13 And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,

Re 11:14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

The third woe is the 7th trumpet.

Re 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 8:13 tells us that each of the fifth, sixth and seventh trumpets have a "woe" in them. So exactly what is the "woe" that occurs during the seventh trumpet.

Rev 8:13
    And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

So exactly what is the "woe" that occurs during the seventh trumpet.
    Destruction of the destroyers of the earth, mentioned in verse 11.18.

Trumpet 1 = One third of things burned.
    Trumpet 2 = One third of water to blood.
    Trumpet 3 = One third of water to bitterness.
    Trumpet 4 = One third of the celestial lights turn dark.

Three woes to come.

Trumpet 5 = 1/3 woes.
    Trumpet 6 = 2/3 woes.
    Trumpet 7 = 3/3 woes.

What is the third woe?
    That is the one that gets you worried that this horse may never stop.

Blog Entries

Idk, I am kinda leaning toward that third woe being along the time of Satan getting tossed out of heaven, and that is a pretty big woe...

Quote Originally Posted by quiet dove View Post
    Idk, I am kinda leaning toward that third woe being along the time of Satan getting tossed out of heaven, and that is a pretty big woe...
    I am beginning to lean that way too since it says in Rev 12:12

Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

I use to think that the seventh trumpet ended in Rev 11:19 but am now beginning to think that is not the case. The original text did not have chapters headings so we should read it as if there are no chapter headings. Seems to me that that it is possible that the devil coming to earth having great wrath should be considered part of the seventh trumpet.

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post

It appears to be Gods wrath fully poured out ,and the time for the dead to be judged and rewards for the faithful.

The GWT is the biggest woe the world will have to face..

In context, the grouping of the 'three woes' is that of judgment from God.

The dragon being cast down to the earth is called a 'woe' because it means he brings persecution against God's people.

The type of 'woe' that the group of three are, and the type of 'woe' that the dragon brings, are diametrically opposed. The 'woe' of the dragon as persecution does not fit the context of the 'three woes' as judgment.

Blog Entries

Looking again...here is the three woes
    Rev 8:13 And I looked, and I heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, "Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!"

Been looking over it....? 5th, 6th, and 7th angel?

The third woe:
    the seventh angel...the third woe would encompass all that is brought by the sounding of the seventh angel? Which would include those who rejected Christ having their god thrown down to them?

Been looking over it....? 5th, 6th, and 7th angel?
    No Question.
    Its the final countdown to eternal destinies...Like WOE.

Quote Originally Posted by rom826 View Post
    Rev 9:12
    One woe is past; [and], behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

rev 11:14
    The second woe is past; [and], behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

The third woe is the 7th (or, "last" cf. 1 Cor. 15:52) Trumpet, which is the Second Coming. It's a "woe" greater than the first two because of what is said in the hymn - it is the time in which Jesus breaks through the sky to come to the earth and judge the wicked that have stood in great opposition to His leadership and rightful ownership of the earth (cf. Isaiah 63:1-6).
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the rookie View Post
    The third woe is the 7th (or, "last" cf. 1 Cor. 15:52) Trumpet, which is the Second Coming. It's a "woe" greater than the first two because of what is said in the hymn - it is the time in which Jesus breaks through the sky to come to the earth and judge the wicked that have stood in great opposition to His leadership and rightful ownership of the earth (cf. Isaiah 63:1-6).
    You know I have to jump in..

I fully agree with the bolded part regarding the second coming, and Jesus taking His place over the kingdoms of the earth, which are rightfully His, and to the throne of David which is also rightfully His, Him being the rightful Heir..

However...

I disagree that the "last" trumpet of Corinthians and the "seventh" of Revelation are the same thing, based on the former being an announcement to gather, and the latter is an announcement of judgement...regarding only unbelievers. I agree that while the seventh trumpet is included in the third woe...just disagree that it would be the entirety of it.

What you are saying regarding the third woe being greater makes good sense, and I would agree...but I don't agree that the seventh trumpet is the Second Coming in that it announces the remaining seven bowl judgements....and it is not done until the seventh bowl of the seven last plagues...The sounding of the seventh trumpet angel does not finish but announces what will....that trumpet announcing that .."the time of the dead, they shall be judged"...there will be no more delay..they have made their choice..

Though we are getting a lot of information in those chapters, some about whats going on in heave, some about what is going on upon the earth, the whos and whys...there is still a chronological order to things that is discernible...

If nothing else you need to give me credit for being queen of the run on sentence...lol

I disagree that the "last" trumpet of Corinthians and the "seventh" of Revelation are the same thing, based on the former being an announcement to gather, and the latter is an announcement of judgement...regarding only unbelievers. I agree that while the seventh trumpet is included in the third woe...just disagree that it would be the entirety of it.
    Why can't the "last trumpet" be both? The sound of the trump serves various functions in the context of war: gathering, alarm, and attack. Are there other "last" trumpet blasts somewhere? The apostle Paul gives us the "earthly" and positive dimension of the "last" trumpet, the apostle John gives us the "heavenly" and negative dimension of the same event. We see this interplay throughout the vision - where Isaiah had previously given us the "earthy" side of an event (say, the global worship movement of Isaiah 42), the book of Revelation gives us the "heavenly perspective" of the same events (i.e. Rev. 5, 16, etc.). Where Ezekiel gives us the "earthy" perspective of the throne of God (Ezek. 1), John gives us the "heavenly" perspective of the same place (Rev. 4).

So the 7th, and last, trumpet concerns both believers and unbelievers - even within the passage itself (11:18).

What you are saying regarding the third woe being greater makes good sense, and I would agree...but I don't agree that the seventh trumpet is the Second Coming in that it announces the remaining seven bowl judgements....and it is not done until the seventh bowl of the seven last plagues...The sounding of the seventh trumpet angel does not finish but announces what will....that trumpet announcing that .."the time of the dead, they shall be judged"...there will be no more delay..they have made their choice..
    The Second Coming doesn't finish anything immediately either. Jesus can execute the bowl judgments when He is functioning as "the Greater Moses" after He returns, can't He?

What does it mean that Jesus is the "Greater Moses"? What were the Exodus plagues foreshadowing? Who was in that Pillar of Fire (by night)? (Ezekiel 1 tells us - it was Jesus in His "throne-chariot").

Daniel was given a 75 day period of time (1335 days v. 1260 days) related to the final events of this age and God's plans for Israel - what happens during those days? Why did the angel swear that 1260 would "finish" everything; yet one would not be "blessed" until the 1335 mark? What was the angel of Rev. 10 alluding to in re-enacting that very same angelic oath?
    The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the rookie View Post
    Why can't the "last trumpet" be both? The sound of the trump serves various functions in the context of war: gathering, alarm, and attack. Are there other "last" trumpet blasts somewhere? The apostle Paul gives us the "earthly" and positive dimension of the "last" trumpet, the apostle John gives us the "heavenly" and negative dimension of the same event. We see this interplay throughout the vision - where Isaiah had previously given us the "earthy" side of an event (say, the global worship movement of Isaiah 42), the book of Revelation gives us the "heavenly perspective" of the same events (i.e. Rev. 5, 16, etc.). Where Ezekiel gives us the "earthy" perspective of the throne of God (Ezek. 1), John gives us the "heavenly" perspective of the same place (Rev. 4).
    I just see no support for equating the two...last does not necessarily mean seventh...Paul tells us about trumpets
    1Co 14:7 Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played? 8 For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle?
    The trumpets in the OT were used to give commands, one at a time, the sounding telling the people what the command was. If Corinthians "last", and Revelations "seventh" make one sound at one time...those who here it won't know whether to gather or duck.

Imho, Paul is telling us that with the sound of the last trumpet we will be gathered from the earth, and John is telling us the seventh trumpet is announcing God judgment coming to the earth. Unbelievers will not be gathered to me Christ in the air, and believers will not be the recipients of Gods wrath.

Being consistent with the trumpets of Revelation, beginning with the seals being opened...they are all judgments dealing with those who have refused the Truth. Pauls trumpet of Corinthians is dealing with those who have loved the Truth.
    So the 7th, and last, trumpet concerns both believers and unbelievers - even within the passage itself (11:18).
    The things of 11:18 are not happening at that time but announcing that that time has come....there is no more delay for the execution of these things. Both the punishment of the unjust and the rewarding of the just... but that still is not a trumpet of gathering command for either. The prophecies events are now upon happening, no more delay

The Second Coming doesn't finish anything immediately either. Jesus can execute the bowl judgments when He is functioning as "the Greater Moses" after He returns, can't He?
    It finished out the order of the earth that we are in at present...no more governments of men, but of the Righteous Shepherd, the government upon His shoulders.

What does it mean that Jesus is the "Greater Moses"? What were the Exodus plagues foreshadowing? Who was in that Pillar of Fire (by night)? (Ezekiel 1 tells us - it was Jesus in His "throne-chariot").
    I am not sure what to answer in that I am not sure how it relates to the trumpets or third woe? Both Moses and Jesus, in the context of the prophecies being to Israel...are related to Israel. Moses was sent to take the nation from Egypt and Christ will return and rescue her from her enemies and restore her.

Daniel was given a 75 day period of time (1335 days v. 1260 days) related to the final events of this age and God's plans for Israel - what happens during those days? Why did the angel swear that 1260 would "finish" everything; yet one would not be "blessed" until the 1335 mark? What was the angel of Rev. 10 alluding to in re-enacting that very same angelic oath?
    I am not sure what will happen in that time frame(the extra days)...but they seem to be a time frame starting with Christ Second Advent and then what ever events transpire in the setting up of the Millennial kingdom...

Thread Information